Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co. 13 - Powell Co. 6
Anyone Know????
Jackson Co. won but I'm not sure on the score.
Jackson Co.- 13
Powell Co. -6
This is the correct score....It was 13-6 Jackson County....The Generals had a couple of chances to actually blow this game wide open but had a couple costly turnovers and mental let downs....Overall they played a great game and it was very exciting to watch...It looked as if Jackson County's D-Line was in the QB's face all night (which at the end caused him to lose his head, kick a player and get thrown out) and probably had close to 6 or 7 sacks....Jackson County won this game by just simply being bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic with lots more depth.....Congrats to the Generals, Coach Harris and his new staff...I guess these guys can coach a little bit since they didn't get out coached this gameBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin
this was a surprise to me! Congrats Jackson!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:this was a surprise to me! Congrats Jackson!

Same Here.
MVP2 Wrote:Same Here.
Wow, congrats on the win.
All I have heard about was how good Powell is and such. And they lose the first game to a second year school!
BTW, Congrats Jackson!
jackson is not more athletic they just had more depth. they had an offensive and a defensive team. powell had players that had to play both. so, don't be putting the powell players and coaches down. there has been some major changes at that school and everyone is still adjusting. wait till the season is over and the fat lady sings before you make your judgement final.
Lol, O.k.!
haha yes all i heard since last season was over, powell county is going to be great this year and all this what not. haha this is funny if your going to talk you should at least be able to back it up you know
Qb destoryer is what jackson did to number 2 all game. Plus if jackson wasnt more athletic how come powell's qb didnt complete a pass all game except 3 screens maybe 4. This means jacksons skill players were more athletic then powell's. Plus all that was said all week was jackson was going to get out coached but i didnt see that last night either b/c powell only scored once and that was in the 1st half. Shouldnt great coaches be able to make adjusments during halftime to win. Powell keep talking but jackson should of never beat you all.
qb destroyer Wrote:jackson is not more athletic they just had more depth. they had an offensive and a defensive team. powell had players that had to play both. so, don't be putting the powell players and coaches down.

I cannot buy into that train of thought at all. I have seen it first hand. In 05 Russell had 9 players that played both ways and won the state championship against a team that platooned a complete defense and a complete offense. If you have the horses then it don't make any difference and from what I have been hearing all year Powell was supposed to have a stable full of them.That just sounds like someone trying to make excuses as to why they lost a game.
No excuses. Powell did not play good but our coach will show everyone. Who has Jackson's coach put in the pros? Mr Whitaker has put Tim Couch there in four years. Coach is not perfect but he is proven. So time will tell.
also no mention that paintsville beat jackson 30 to nothing. that is sad powell has not been beat like that all year.
Dang I never Knew Whitaker coached at U.K. or at the Browns. Lets not forget Tim Couch was horrible in the pros and never really made it. Also when did scrimmages start counting as wins and losses on the schedule and that must mean that paintsville would beat powell by 40.
Talent put Tim Couch in the NFL. Bad Coaching by Butch Davis doomed what was a promising career.
qb destroyer Wrote:jackson is not more athletic they just had more depth. they had an offensive and a defensive team. powell had players that had to play both. so, don't be putting the powell players and coaches down. there has been some major changes at that school and everyone is still adjusting. wait till the season is over and the fat lady sings before you make your judgement final.

This thread was about the outcome of this game and not the season. Powell co. may pull out a good season but it's a very bad beginning by losing to Jackson co. after the entire Powell co. team and community had already chalked this down as a win.

And please, don't judge coaches by how many pro's or D-1 college athletes he has coached. I'm sure Tim Couch learned to throw the ball before high school. Judge a coach by winning seasons, district and regional titles, and state titles.
Congrats Jackson
It was just a sad performance on Powell's part. They just went in and had big heads and lost. They were outplayed by Jackson. They took Jackson to easy. They got beat fair and square. I would like to give Jackson congrats for winning.
qb destroyer Wrote:also no mention that Paintsville beat Jackson 30 to nothing. That is sad Powell has not been beat like that all year.

Give it time. It will probably happen sooner or later.
Congrats Jackson County
Midee1 Wrote:I cannot buy into that train of thought at all. I have seen it first hand. In 05 Russell had 9 players that played both ways and won the state championship against a team that platooned a complete defense and a complete offense. If you have the horses then it don't make any difference and from what I have been hearing all year Powell was supposed to have a stable full of them.That just sounds like someone trying to make excuses as to why they lost a game.

agreed.
FBALL Wrote:Talent put Tim Couch in the NFL. Bad Coaching by Butch Davis doomed what was a promising career.

promising is a bit generous.
this game was very very very ugly. powell came in over confident, and it showed. powell plays seems to have pbs, pretty boy syndrome, cause everytime i see them play and act, they all seem to be too good to do a job. suck it up and play football. its not that hard. what killed powell was the sweep jackson did and powell did not adjust. i was at the side line, and you can tell everytime the sweep would come. and mental error killed powell as well, the best player that will ever leave out of powell some people say jesse rose, screwed it up big for powell, 4th and 4 with 3 mins to go, he tries to jump the count and gets offsides call on him. they better get this straightend out by this friday, cause if not powell is going to be in trouble rest of the year.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:promising is a bit generous.

No, no line in college and the pros doomed his career. No one could have succeeded in either situation. He tried to save two programs and it cost him in my opinion a very good career. I hope he can overcome his arm problems, but Cleveland and UK owes that boy a lot for pretty much ruining a great football player.
launchpad4 Wrote:No, no line in college and the pros doomed his career. No one could have succeeded in either situation. He tried to save two programs and it cost him in my opinion a very good career. I hope he can overcome his arm problems, but Cleveland and UK owes that boy a lot for pretty much ruining a great football player.

touche.
qb destroyer Wrote:No excuses. Powell did not play good but our coach will show everyone. Who has Jackson's coach put in the pros? Mr Whitaker has put Tim Couch there in four years. Coach is not perfect but he is proven. So time will tell.

im sorry but mike whitaker didnt make tim couch.. time couch made mike whitaker..
I do recall the Whitaker was also a pro qb. and that he has put more than couch into the college ranks. also, no matter how much talent a player has someone needs to develop that talent. I think it a little nieve that someone would think that you can just be born a good player.