Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ole Miss 42 Kentucky 41 (OT)
What a way to lose a game:  A missed extra point in overtime.  That has to have hurt if you were a Kentucky fan.
Is this the biggest bone headed play in modern UK football history? I have a feeling we will be seeing this play for days, weeks, months, and even years to come.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/kentuc...DyOCzV2gVI
Undisciplined is a simple way to say it. Missed extra point. An show bolting with duces? Come on rose. I really think they should try and work gatewood into some games and let try and get some shots down field. Terrys good but he's no pocket passer. Very poor arm. This run three of four plays and lob one in the air an hope your receiver comes up with it ain't working. We need some good weapons at receiver kys receivers suck! I like rod at tail back he is load and only a sophomore! Ky should have one but I ain't stressing if they keep shooting themselfs in the foot. It is what it is
Defense can’t guard a sloth and we can’t kick. Pretty much sums this one up.

We might only win 3 games
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-03-2020, 10:44 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Defense can’t guard a sloth and we can’t kick. Pretty much sums this one up.

Under the scenario of the fact that we should be 2-0 I just can't quite give up on them yet. They have a formula, the only issues I see these past two games is 1 WRs have got to catch the ball. 2 the secondary needs to start looking back defending. And 3 most importantly Wilson needs to figure out a way to make better passes to his WRs which joey gatewood could most likely solve that issue.  Kentucky is still a dangerous team that no huddle offence ole miss will put up numbers against anybody in the country that mango feller is a future NFL superstar. UK gotta figure something out quick that o line is going to turn young next year
(10-03-2020, 11:28 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 10:44 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Defense can’t guard a sloth and we can’t kick. Pretty much sums this one up.

Under the scenario of the fact that we should be 2-0 I just can't quite give up on them yet. They have a formula, the only issues I see these past two games is 1 WRs have got to catch the ball. 2 the secondary needs to start looking back defending. And 3 most importantly Wilson needs to figure out a way to make better passes to his WRs which joey gatewood could most likely solve that issue.  Kentucky is still a dangerous team that no huddle offence ole miss will put up numbers against anybody in the country that mango feller is a future NFL superstar. UK gotta figure something out quick that o line is going to turn young next year
I respect your commitment to the team because like you, I still will be locked in to the TV pissed off after every single bad play call or execution. I’ve never been high on Terry even when he was playing great before his injury, I just don’t think he can win a game for us passing the ball. Our receivers have never been able to catch which also hurts terry’s case even more. 

But Terry is going to do enough all season to never allow Stoops to pull him and put in Gatewood. So I think we might be in for a very unsuccessful season after having such high hopes.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-04-2020, 12:50 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

I respect your commitment to the team because like you, I still will be locked in to the TV pissed off after every single bad play call or execution. I’ve never been high on Terry even when he was playing great before his injury, I just don’t think he can win a game for us passing the ball. Our receivers have never been able to catch which also hurts terry’s case even more. 

But Terry is going to do enough all season to never allow Stoops to pull him and put in Gatewood. So I think we might be in for a very unsuccessful season after having such high hopes.
  I don’t see the offense as the problem (although our receivers, other than Ali, need to do a better job). We had over 400 rushing yards yesterday! Three dudes over 100 yards each! That should win games. But our pass defense is non-existent right now, we are getting almost zero pressure on the opposing qb. And we have forced ZERO turnovers in two games. 
   On another note, I went to this one yesterday, and it was weird to say the least. Piped in crowd noise and no electricity in the stadium, just not enough folks in the stands to create any type of home field advantage.

I'm right there with ya pal. With the loss of Lynn Bowden at slot terrys really got nobody but rigg and Ali, I'm sorry but Ali and Harris are terrible. & sadly you're right on, unsuccessful season hear we come! Damn I'll never hear the end of it from the guys at work. Smh

(10-04-2020, 08:10 AM)Van Hagar Wrote:

I don’t see the offense as the problem (although our receivers, other than Ali, need to do a better job). We had over 400 rushing yards yesterday! Three dudes over 100 yards each! That should win games. But our pass defense is non-existent right now, we are getting almost zero pressure on the opposing qb. And we have forced ZERO turnovers in two games. 
   On another note, I went to this one yesterday, and it was weird to say the least. Piped in crowd noise and no electricity in the stadium, just not enough folks in the stands to create any type of home field advantage.
To me the offense is a problem, the passing game is a HUGE problem. You have a valid point though. I mean, I love old school run it down their throat style football don't get me wrong but the point is everyone in the SEC is passing except ky because they rely on the run having three diff backs is not easy to contain yeah, but If I was a coach about to play Kentucky its just too predicable and the only reason ky successful is them vets down low other then that they will get blown up.

Sadly Wilson couldn't hit lake water shitting over a boat but he can burn them cleats up in a run. Kentucky's defence is young so mistakes and missed assignments are to be expected they're just not disciplined enough. You're right though, non existent seems to fit the bill. The defense needs a lot of work in the backfield. I still love 'em win or lose.

You absolute right about the getting pressure on the QB. Hadn’t really looked at that as an issue for the defensive backs getting worked all game. 

And the offense may not be a huge problem but if we are going to compete with Georgia and teams of that caliber. When we do run the ball effectively as we have so far, to beat a good team like I mentioned I think we have to be able to complete some passes of significant matter to keep the defense not solely committed to the run.
#BBFL
(10-04-2020, 12:24 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

You absolute right about the getting pressure on the QB. Hadn’t really looked at that as an issue for the defensive backs getting worked all game. 

And the offense may not be a huge problem but if we are going to compete with Georgia and teams of that caliber. When we do run the ball effectively as we have so far, to beat a good team like I mentioned I think we have to be able to complete some passes of significant matter to keep the defense not solely committed to the run.
I agree. Gotta keep them guessing. As of now any team facing ky if they control the line of scrimmage one or two things going to happen for ky run or run. The screens ain't bad cause they hit the outside and their gone. As for the defense they need to stack the inside and open up some gaps for our linebackers to get in there an make some plays on a blitz. Throw the secondary back in a cover 3 spy or man and ride it all game. Ky gets torched anyway I'd blitz the hell out of teams. Knock some Weiner's in the dirt!
You guys think we can ship Kelvin Joseph back to LSU? He's a liability on the field and wouldn't start for Murray State, let alone UK.
Boss Man Fat needs to be fired!!!