Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Couture defeats Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC title fight!
The Natural defeated Gonzaga in the third round last night to keep his heavyweight title by stoppage. Couture was punching the daylights out of Gonzaga when the fight was stopped. It was total domination.
ALSO....
Georges St Pierre defeated Josh Koscheck in dominating form. So all in all, it was a great night in the UFC!!
Im an idiot, can somebody please move this to the pro forum. Im sorry..
What an idiot, LOL! Forgot all about these fights last night!
Couture and St Pierre both dominated...it was awesome, lol..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:What an idiot, LOL! Forgot all about these fights last night!
Seen the highlights of this fight last night and Gonzaga was a bloody mess, total dominance by Couture.
Couture is at the prime of his career at 44, that's amazing. He's the second best heavyweight in the world behind Fedor.
I completely agree with you 100%. Although IMO, Fedor is as close to unbeatable as any Ive ever seen right now at this stage...I agree with Rogan though, I dont even think that Coutures age matters anymore. He's just amazing. Period. But Fedor is the best all around fighter Ive ever seen. He has no weaknesses anywhere in his game..I'd love to see my boy Forrest beat Shogun, but thats going to be a TASK, lol..Shogun's an animal..
blackcat Wrote:Couture is at the prime of his career at 44, that's amazing. He's the second best heavyweight in the world behind Fedor.
Nobody is even close to Fedor... Coture is still the 2nd best heavyweight in the world though even at his age.

UFC 75 is free on Spike TV... Rampage Jackson vs. Dan Henderson for the first Unification title fight between UFC and Pride. Also, Cro Cop is making a comback after that shocking knockout over him by Gonzaga. He is facing Cheick(sp?) Congo.

All Cro Cop has to do to beat Congo is get him on the ground. He has no sprawl and takedown defense and no ground game whatsoever... His game is standing up just like Cro Cop's is. IMHO Cro Cop could be in for a long night is he doesn't take him to the ground because this guy is an amazing stand up fighter.
Cro Cop will pick apart Kongo, he's one of the best, if not the best striker in MMA. Kongo is big and can strike no doubt, but won't give Cro Cop a match. I think Gonzaga gave Cro Cop a reality check, and Cro Cop will eventually take the belt from Couture.
I think Cro Cop will bounce back too...his ego took a pretty big hit, and I think he'll pound on Kongo too...he'll be amongst the contenders very soon. Gonzaga got a lucky shot on him (that nearly took his head off, lol)..but Cro Cop is still a bad mf..
blackcat Wrote:Cro Cop will pick apart Kongo, he's one of the best, if not the best striker in MMA. Kongo is big and can strike no doubt, but won't give Cro Cop a match. I think Gonzaga gave Cro Cop a reality check, and Cro Cop will eventually take the belt from Couture.
yep, and that is why the UFC is so great, lol...although PrideFC is on FSN South quite a bit, but I love watching UFC Unleashed on Thursdays and Saturday nights, ..but the UFC 75 is going to be AWESOME!!
Meaty Wrote:Nobody is even close to Fedor... Coture is still the 2nd best heavyweight in the world though even at his age.

UFC 75 is free on Spike TV... Rampage Jackson vs. Dan Henderson for the first Unification title fight between UFC and Pride. Also, Cro Cop is making a comback after that shocking knockout over him by Gonzaga. He is facing Cheick(sp?) Congo.

All Cro Cop has to do to beat Congo is get him on the ground. He has no sprawl and takedown defense and no ground game whatsoever... His game is standing up just like Cro Cop's is. IMHO Cro Cop could be in for a long night is he doesn't take him to the ground because this guy is an amazing stand up fighter.
When is UFC 75?
Sept. 8th