Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 33 Harlan County 2
Final from The Deep Dark Hills.

JC is now 5-0 overall & 3-0 in the district.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congrats JC
Congratulations JC!
I seen bits and pieces on WYMT.

Johnson Central just had too many playmakers for Harlan County to stop. I thought the Bears matched up pretty well in the trenches, they just didn't have the playmakers JC has.

Congrats Eagles!
Just curious, safety on variety or jv?
It was on the varsity never was a running clock. HC had there opportunities to make it a closer game.
33-2. Im sure it was on the Varsity. JC not getting their normal 72 makes me think Boyle is at least 4 or 5 tds better than JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Oledad92
There’s a lot of things for JC to break down on film after this one. Personally I thought this was one of the most underwhelming performances they’ve had in the last several years. There was a lot of plays where they simply shot them selves in the foot. Way too many penalties and missed assignments. Id expect Coach Matney to have a hard week of practice to clean some of those problems up.

A couple of positive for JC is that the starters basically played the entire game so this should help their conditioning. Also they only gave up a safety despite Harlan Co. having the ball for the majority of the game.

Harlan Co. was a little bit better than what I expected. They had some pretty physical players on both lines especially. They also did a great job of keeping the ball away from JC all night by using every second of the play clock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(10-17-2020, 12:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: 33-2.  Im sure it was on the Varsity.  JC not getting their normal 72 makes me think Boyle is at least 4 or 5 tds better than JC.
like last year Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like cuppett777's post:
  • BoondockSaint, Hatz
Harlan County Surprised me. They really didn’t play a terrible game. Could have made it a closer game but really don’t have the position players to compete with central. Congrats JC on the win. Looks like it will be a repeat of last years 4A state championship. I’ll be rooting for the eagles to put it to them city boys again.
Wont be like last year. Boyles a whole lot better.
(10-17-2020, 12:55 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wont be like last year.  Boyles a whole lot better.

I’ve heard that before. 
Big Grin
Not quiet the ending I was expecting but hot dog Congrats to the bears for holding JC to under 40. I'm really surprised. But at the same time "every team is going to play different any given night" I'll say it right to your face.
Contests to JC too.. I guess. Can't say Im surprised on the outcome.
Harlan County is better than they get credit for. Eddie always has them better by the end of the season. Nobody wanting to play them then.

Loser of Harlan/Perry gets to ride to Paintsville to play JC dont they? What a reward for making the playoffs.
Eagles had the worst performance of possibly the last 2 or 3 seasons and still won by 31. The safety was a very questionable hold in the end zone. Harlan County is better than their record shows in my opinion. As far as Boyle being 4 to 5 touchdowns better. That is laughable. All they have to do is keep winning amd they will get another shot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • BEChargers, dragon_slayer, Hatz
So what I’m hearing from everyone is that losing 33-2 is actually a victory for Harlan County. Well congrats to Coach Creech. Keep up the good work ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes OOlballcoach's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Harlan is 1-4. You literally have not said one thing on this thread that makes any sense.

(10-17-2020, 12:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: 33-2. Im sure it was on the Varsity. JC not getting their normal 72 makes me think Boyle is at least 4 or 5 tds better than JC.

(10-17-2020, 12:55 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wont be like last year. Boyles a whole lot better.

(10-17-2020, 01:02 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Harlan County is better than they get credit for. Eddie always has them better by the end of the season. Nobody wanting to play them then.

Loser of Harlan/Perry gets to ride to Paintsville to play JC dont they? What a reward for making the playoffs.

Harlan is 1-4 and not having a good year. Boyle is not better than last year but I think they will again face Johnson Central in the finals. Please make at least one post that makes a little sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
Harlan is way better than than record shows. They always play a tough schedule.Harlan co is a big physical team if they had 1 homerun hitting play maker they would be really good.
The Safety on JC was a holding call that occurred in the end-zone resulting in a Safety.

JC needed a game like this. This was the first game all season that JC's varsity Off. & Def. played all 48 minutes.

FWIW.....
Harlan County had 132 yards of Offense on 71 plays.... that's 1.82 yards per play.
JC had 313 yards of Offense on 20 plays..... that's 15.65 yards per play.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Hatz, Old guy
Congratulations to Johnson Central
Congrats to the Eagles! Glad to watch it on the H&I channel. Harlan did a good job keeping the ball away from the Eagles, kept the score down some. That pass from Rice to Preston was a thing of beauty, hit him stride for the TD! Loved it.
Keep rolling Eagles
(10-17-2020, 12:55 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wont be like last year.  Boyles a whole lot better.

just might wanna make sure they keep people away from microphones at their pep rallies over there in Boyle. ??