Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Ashland Predictions and Thoughts
I'll take Pikeville in a VERY close game 22-20... I think Pikeville will throw a little more than what they did last week against Holy Cross and spread the field out for the dangerous Triple H backfield...
Ashland 35
Pikeville 27
warriorpride Wrote:Ashland 35
Pikeville 27
Im curious as to why ashland will win b/c didn't they just get beat at home by a team that is some 6 spots below Pikeville on all the polls?

Pikeville - 34
Ashland - 20
I think if Pikeville keeps the personal fouls and fumbles down, then they will be on a happy ride back from Ashland being 2-0 on the season. Pikeville could be a very deadly team this year with a air and ground attack if they keep their heads.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
How good is Ashlands Run D this year???.....If they cant stop that they wont have a chance with pikeville but I kno Ashland is tough I'll say Pikeville by 8.
Ashland is a very hard place to play. The Panthers will struggle to get the win in that environment. Ashland will not lose twice in a row at home. I have to go with the Tomcats in a great game. Pikeville would have a chance to get my pick if at home with the performance they demonstrated to open the season with over a big city team. Good luck to both, but I have to pick with my gut on this one.

Ashland – 24
Pikeville – 14

PS. I hope that I am wrong and Pike County gets another big win on the season.
:eek:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
ashland
Ashland 21

Pikeville 10
If Ashland had a decent qb they could use and let Matt Thomas be a rb they could be dangerous.
Nail biter

Pikeville 17
Ashland 14
Pikeville. This Ashland team lost a lot from last years squad that wasn't all that good. I think Pikeville wins this one by 10.
Pikeville-18
Ashland-32
I say Ashland in a REAL close one. Tomcat nation will be alive and crazy for the panthers.
Ashland - 20
Pikeville - 19
Ashland 24
Pikeville 16
Im not going to make any predictions. I do believe this is going to be a very good game between 2 of the most storied football programs in the mountains.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If Ashland had a decent qb they could use and let Matt Thomas be a rb they could be dangerous.
Did you not see #21 Rashard Carter against Raceland? This kid is solid and boy can he move.
Ashland by at least 2+ TD
this will be a great game.....Pikeville flat out proved me wrong against LHC, and could have won that game by much more than they did if they would have just held on to the ball. Ashland is a very good team that lost a tough opener. I just dont see them losing two in a row to start the season...both teams are so closely matched..I'll take Ashland 14-12..Good luck to both teams..should be an outstanding game..
Pikeville by 3
Ashland 28 Pikeville 21 Ashland will not lose two in a row at home
bigpun Wrote:Did you not see #21 Rashard Carter against Raceland? This kid is solid and boy can he move.
He had a huge game, hopefully the D-line can hold him back enough to change their alter their gameplan.
and he is only a sopmore so that kid ifhe stay healthy look out by the time he is a SR.
I'm gonna take the Panthers by 3. If Harmon can hold on to the ball(I think he had 3 fumbles against LHC) and get a few kinks worked out then P'ville will take it.

If the Tomcats take Harmon out of the picture by swarming him the whole game and not allowing him to beat them then Ashland will take it by 3...

Pikeville 34
Ashland 31
I'll take the Panthers in this match up. From what I've read on here and other sites the Tomcats haven't played the way they usually play, although they do have a really nice player in Matt Thomas. Good Luck to both teams.

Pikeville- 28
Ashland- 21
Meaty Wrote:I'm gonna take the Panthers by 3. If Harmon can hold on to the ball(I think he had 3 fumbles against LHC) and get a few kinks worked out then P'ville will take it.

If the Tomcats take Harmon out of the picture by swarming him the whole game and not allowing him to beat them then Ashland will take it by 3...

Pikeville 34
Ashland 31
Take Harmon out of the picture and you still have the Honaker twins, Chaz Jackson, and Josh Mullins to run all over you.
ashland 34
pikeville 20
bigpun Wrote:Take Harmon out of the picture and you still have the Honaker twins, Chaz Jackson, and Josh Mullins to run all over you.

Excatly...That backfield is loaded!
MVP2 Wrote:Excatly...That backfield is loaded!

And nobody is talking about the two receivers that can hurt people in Tyler Baker and Watson Ritchie.
hillbilly Wrote:And nobody is talking about the two receivers that can hurt people in Tyler Baker and Watson Ritchie.
I was just referring to the running game. But you are exactly right about Baker and Ritchie. Baker and Ritchie are going to be big time weapons for the Panthers this year.
Any injuries for Pikeville right now???