Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Murray 10/23
Thoughts and predictions
Fall is here and Mayfield thinking about Kroger this time of the year!!!

Mayfield 42
Murray 14
No contest, I told you they would win out down here, playoffs is kinda iffy/
This one will be for all the first district marbles. Mayfield will have to figure out how to slow down the ground and pound Tigers who appear to me to be better upfront than my Cards. This one worries me.
Murray does look like they might have the advantage up front, but one dimensional teams usually dont fair well againtst Mayfield. Murray QB has been throwing lots of picks. Comparing the Caldwell Co and Union Co games, this game appears close on paper. I think turnovers are the difference and Mayfield wins by 11.
For such an important game I am surprised at the lack of Cardinal fans input
Not many posters from the Purchase Area of West KY, that at least that I notice.
Now that Murray has realized that they need to use their line to win games and not try to fling it all over the field, they are very dangerous. They controlled the game against Caldwell last week and only Caldwell's bizzare luck at the game got it into overtime.

Does anybody know if the star murray Running back is back? He missed the Caldwell game.
(10-18-2020, 10:25 PM)64SUR Wrote: Thoughts and predictions
Murray-14
Mayfield-7
Halftime
Cards 21-20 in OT
Should be another great rematch for district. Congrats
(10-24-2020, 12:57 AM)https://www.mayfield-messenger.com/sport...ldCardinal Wrote: Cards 21-20 in OT
Wish I had the stats but could not find them.  I attached the newspaper article.  Murray was very physical on both sides of the ball in the first half and had a 14-7 halftime lead.  At the half the Cardinals made some adjustments that completely shut down the Murray offense in the second half but the Cards offense continued to struggle but managed to do just enough to keep the Tigers playing almost the entire 2nd half on their side of the field.  I thought Mayfield finally wore Murray down as they did not look very fresh late.  Mayfield scored first in OT and kicked the PAT.  Murray answered on one of their few positive offensive plays of the second half.  Murray decides to go for the 2 point conversion and the win but the Cards knocked down the pass and just like that it was over.  Very proud of Mayfield's effort tonight.  The Cards got a tough road win with their star RB/LB not able to play.  Im not sure what the Cards changed up at halftime but man did it ever work.  I bet Murray didnt have 30 yards of offense in the 2nd half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MayfieldCardinal's post:
  • Bull got out!
I love good defense. Sounds like it came up big in the second half. Congratulations Mayfield!
Mayfield defense looking pretty good, offense not so much. Galbreath out definitely hurts them on both sides of the ball. I think making the semi’s is probably the ceiling for this team.
(10-24-2020, 01:04 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Mayfield defense looking pretty good, offense not so much. Galbreath out definitely hurts them on both sides of the ball. I think making the semi’s is probably the ceiling for this team.

Is he out for the year?  I really liked him from what I saw in the state finals.  He's undersized but tough as nails.
(10-24-2020, 04:27 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 01:04 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Mayfield defense looking pretty good, offense not so much. Galbreath out definitely hurts them on both sides of the ball. I think making the semi’s is probably the ceiling for this team.

Is he out for the year?  I really liked him from what I saw in the state finals.  He's undersized but tough as nails.
I don’t think so, I’m hearing he will be back in a couple weeks

(10-24-2020, 04:27 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

I don’t think so, I’m hearing he will be back in a couple weeks