Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paintsville @ Raceland 10/23
Thoughts?
The Rams are in rebuild mode this year and Paintsville is playing at a championship level. This being a rival game I think Raceland will come out swinging but in the end Paintsville is too much. Raceland has a lot of good young players but is a year or two away from being a contender again.

Paintsville 38
Raceland 13
Paintsville wins but they will know they are in for a fight. Always a physical game between these two
Paintsville - 42
Raceland - 7

Paintsville will be too much for the Rams. Paintsville has a very confident defense. Probably scored the most defensive TD’s in single A. Offense speaks for itself. Like a previous comment “Championship level”.
"Runner-up level"
No wins vs any teams that are very good as of yet. We will see at LCA.

Paintsville 32, Raceland 14
(10-20-2020, 01:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Runner-up level"

By championship level I was meaning to say that they are deserving to be in the conversation as a team that can make it to the carpet.  

As far as this game goes, Raceland has been plugging some young guys into key roles and it’s been a year of growth and gaining experience.  These young guys will gain a lot playing in games like this.  I expect the Rams to come out and fight hard and win or lose Paintsville will leave knowing they played a tough team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
Rams are getting better and will be back in Class A top 3 soon IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1
(10-20-2020, 01:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Runner-up level"

We won’t see anything at LCA. It appears that Paintsville cancelled the LCA game. LCA is now looking for a another opponent. Why would we cancel that game? Is it because of the recent injuries?
^^^Bad for RPI for Paintsville to lose to LCA. Hopefully Pikeville picks up LCA now. I saw this one coming. Textbook Paintsville.

Maybe someone from Paintsville has a better explanation?
Used COVID a week and half before the game lol.Afraid to play the tough teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
"Sorry LCA, we had all year to find a spot for Besty Layne, and you can probably figure out why we stuck them in your slot. Sorry so late, hopefully you can find someone else at this late date."

Is this pretty close? Asking for a friend.
  • BlackcatPride32
Paintsville with a game that could challenge them, and really prepare them for the playoffs and they cancel. This tells you all you need to know about their program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
I don’t know what the truth is, or if we have even canceled with LCA. However, whatever the reason is, it won’t be near the fun as reading all the Paintsville haters wild speculation.

(10-20-2020, 03:47 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Paintsville with a game that could challenge them, and really prepare them for the playoffs and they cancel. This tells you all you need to know about their program.
What does this tell you? Have some of you forgotten just how far this program as came under Chirico? We literally got beat by Jenkins with Kash Daniel on the roster and we are now 1,2,3 year in and year out. 2020 has been a wild year and some of the more respected members on here must be bored with this type of nonsense.
2000 I really respect you as a poster. I think you are very reasonable, but come on now. If this is true, there is no speculation. You and I both know why. And for the record, I'm not a hater, not a liker but def not a hater. And as for Chirico, he has done a nice job but I would argue its been more about the players there than the staff. Now maybe Chirico is how they've all ended up there and then if that's the reason then yeah I give him ALL the credit then.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, jetpilot
(10-20-2020, 04:29 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: 2000 I really respect you as a poster. I think you are very reasonable, but come on now. If this is true, there is no speculation. You and I both know why. And for the record, I'm not a hater, not a liker but def not a hater. And as for Chirico, he has done a nice job but I would argue its been more about the players there than the staff. Now maybe Chirico is how they've all ended up there and then if that's the reason then yeah I give him ALL the credit then.
It is speculation until we know the truth. LCA would probably beat us by 3+ TDS and there is no shame in that. 

Without Chirico, the players aren’t there. And for every superstar he’s coached, there are 5 solid to really good players the staff developed. You know football and you can see that.
(10-20-2020, 04:13 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I don’t know what the truth is, or if we have even canceled with LCA. However, whatever the reason is, it won’t be near the fun as reading all the Paintsville haters wild speculation.

(10-20-2020, 03:47 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Paintsville with a game that could challenge them, and really prepare them for the playoffs and they cancel. This tells you all you need to know about their program.
What does this tell you? Have some of you forgotten just how far this program as came under Chirico? We literally got beat by Jenkins with Kash Daniel on the roster and we are now 1,2,3 year in and year out. 2020 has been a wild year and some of the more respected members on here must be bored with this type of nonsense.
Since you don't know what the reason is, this is speculation on your part haha.

I respect you very much 2000, but like I said, it's textbook Paintsville. Unless someone has a good explanation of course. And I'm not a hater either.
(10-20-2020, 04:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 04:13 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I don’t know what the truth is, or if we have even canceled with LCA. However, whatever the reason is, it won’t be near the fun as reading all the Paintsville haters wild speculation.

I respect you very much 2000, but like I said, it's textbook Paintsville. Unless someone has a good explanation of course. And I'm not a hater either.
I don’t even know if we have officially canceled. Your reasoning may end up being truthful, but it is still speculation until it is proven. Also, isn’t Betsy Layne a district game? If so, does that factor in at all? Personally, I’d rather make the trip to LCA and get beat but also get better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-20-2020, 03:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Sorry LCA, we had all year to find a spot for Besty Layne, and you can probably figure out why we stuck them in your slot. Sorry so late, hopefully you can find someone else at this late date."

Is this pretty close? Asking for a friend.

(10-20-2020, 05:12 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 04:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I don’t even know if we have officially canceled. Your reasoning may end up being truthful, but it is still speculation until it is proven. Also, isn’t Betsy Layne a district game? If so, does that factor in at all? Personally, I’d rather make the trip to LCA and get beat but also get better.
I addressed Betsy Layne, had all year to find a spot for them...It is speculation until facts are known but if the game is off it's a bad look...
The BL game has me legitimately confused. I thought we were supposed to play them last week but they couldn’t? So they were on the schedule but couldn’t play, but now BL can play and we are playing them instead of LCA. ( if LCA is cancelled). My question was/is does BL being a district game force us in any way to play them? Again, I’d rather go to LCA and take my chances.
The reason for the cancel is COVID and not being allowed to travel to Lexington. Johnson County is in the red Fayette is not. No speculation truth. Everybody knows why they canceled. If it were truly the COVID then why cancel now?? Why not wait till next week and see where the numbers fall like everyone else has.
(10-20-2020, 05:29 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: The reason for the cancel is COVID and not being allowed to travel to Lexington. Johnson County is in the red Fayette is not. No speculation truth. Everybody knows why they canceled. If it were truly the COVID then why cancel now?? Why not wait till next week and see where the numbers fall like everyone else has.
See there’s the problem. No, everybody doesn’t know why they canceled. Y’all just like to speculate. I’m honestly asking questions I don’t know the answer to, but here goes. Paintsville currently isn’t allowed to travel to Lexington? If yes, could they be offering LCA time to find a replacement? Chirico went to Freddy D for a game so “we scared” isn’t exactly adding up to me.
I know what they told LCA head coach and that’s what I stated. Not second hand info. Let’s see who the schedule if they are afraid of the Covid. Shouldn’t be a home game for sure since the canceled with Johnson county in the red.
Okay.... so now back to Raceland vs Paintsville!  Like
Why this is a whole lot more fun, listening to all the reasons Paintsville canceled the game when they did what they did to the LCA player last year according to some posters. We (well most of us)know why they cancelled. For the record I am not a hater either but do like to poke at 2000PHS and Blue-Bird. Now for RPI standings Pikeville is 3rd and Paintsville is 4th as of now but I see that changing in the near future with Beechwood playing NCC . Plus I don’t know what Pikeville is going to do for games the next 3 weeks,hopefully they pick up a couple of games. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-20-2020, 11:32 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Why this is a whole lot more fun, listening to all the reasons Paintsville canceled the game when they did what they did to the LCA player last year according to some posters. We (well most of us)know  why they cancelled. For the record I am not a hater either but do like to poke at 2000PHS and Blue-Bird. Now for RPI standings Pikeville is 3rd and Paintsville is 4th as of now but I see that changing in the near future with Beechwood playing NCC . Plus I don’t know what Pikeville is going to do for games the next 3 weeks,hopefully they pick up a couple of games. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Hopefully an agreement to play can be reached by LCA and PIKEVILLE. Win or lose, the Panthers need games. If not, looks like a three week bye for these young men and they don't need that before the playoffs. Maybe ASHLAND, RUSSELL ?
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
Right now Paintsville is 2nd and Pikeville is 4th in RPI. Paintsvile ain't touching Pikeville at Pikeville or Kroger, their only shot is if the game would be at Paintsville. And that could only happen if Paintsville finishes 2nd and Pikeville finishes 3rd in RPI or Paintsville finishes 1st and Pikeville finishes 4th. NCC will surely lose to Beechwood and fall from 3rd unless they pull a Paintsville and cancel, which they would never do because that would be bush league. Holy Cross could easily lose to Hancock Co. and fall as well. So there you have it, Paintsville jumped all over West Carter to play an undefeated team in a higher class who wasn't really very good, at home, and then drops LCA on the road who would crush them and also put a dent in their RPI.

This is textbook Paintsville unless some new info comes out (which I doubt) , but I still think Pikeville puts another beatdown on them when the time comes.
  • PHS DYNASTY
(10-21-2020, 12:21 AM)UPHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:32 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Why this is a whole lot more fun, listening to all the reasons Paintsville canceled the game when they did what they did to the LCA player last year according to some posters. We (well most of us)know  why they cancelled. For the record I am not a hater either but do like to poke at 2000PHS and Blue-Bird. Now for RPI standings Pikeville is 3rd and Paintsville is 4th as of now but I see that changing in the near future with Beechwood playing NCC . Plus I don’t know what Pikeville is going to do for games the next 3 weeks,hopefully they pick up a couple of games. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Hopefully an agreement to play can be reached by LCA and PIKEVILLE. Win or lose, the Panthers need games. If not, looks like a three week bye for these young men and they don't need that before the playoffs. Maybe ASHLAND, RUSSELL ?

Ashland Pikeville would be a good game.

Tigers by 20
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCarterComet's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Betsy Layne vs. Paintsville was on the KHSAA schedules for both teams on 10/30 as of yesterday, no longer on there this morning.
The plot thickens?
(10-21-2020, 12:39 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Right now Paintsville is 2nd and Pikeville is 4th in RPI. Paintsvile ain't touching Pikeville at Pikeville or Kroger, their only shot is if the game would be at Paintsville. And that could only happen if Paintsville finishes 2nd and Pikeville finishes 3rd in RPI or Paintsville finishes 1st and Pikeville finishes 4th.  NCC will surely lose to Beechwood and fall from 3rd unless they pull a Paintsville and cancel, which they would never do because that would be bush league. Holy Cross could easily lose to Hancock Co. and fall as well. So there you have it, Paintsville jumped all over West Carter to play an undefeated team in a higher class who wasn't really very good, at home, and then drops LCA on the road who would crush them and also put a dent in their RPI.

This is textbook Paintsville unless some new info comes out (which I doubt) , but I still think Pikeville puts another beatdown on them when the time comes.
Again, more speculation and your opinion. (Don’t get me wrong, I love your banter on here!) Also, JP you have changed your thoughts on Pikeville and Paintsville about 10 times in the past 2 weeks. I said it before the season, during the season, and now- Pikeville is the team to beat. 
As for this game- 

Racleand will come out and play inspired, physical football. I expect their best effort of the year. Paintsville wins by 13-21 points.
^^^I was out of town and was blown away by Campbell Co score. Then found out several key starters on both sides of the ball did not play in that game. Now seeing Pikeville offense rounding into form and it will be very hard to stop.

If (BIG if) Raceland can generate a decent running game vs. Paintsville they have a shot to keep the score close. I too expect their very best effort.