Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 23 Paintsville 20
^Just telling you what Paintsville guys said. But I agree every time I have ever been to Raceland the penalties were VERY lopsided. I'm still amazed by the 10 penalties to zero playoff game lol...
You shouldn’t be surprised, lol.

Should not happen in a playoff game though. Supposed to be neutral officials, but who knows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josiewales's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-25-2020, 04:20 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Just telling you what Paintsville guys said. But I agree every time I have ever been to Raceland the penalties were VERY lopsided. I'm still amazed by the 10 penalties to zero playoff game lol...

That’s my point. It’s not a RANDOM event that the penalties are always lopsided at Raceland. Teams don’t avg 3-4 penalties per game then all of a sudden get 12 plus! If it was a one time event that would be different!  I’ve watched a LOT Paintsville Football over the years. We’ve taken quite a few tough losses at many places. I’ve never left Hambley or Hazard or anywhere and seen a penalty differential like we see Every time at Raceland . The overtime win two years ago there was a complete mess. We even had some Rams fans say on here of how embarrassed the officiating was toward Paintsville! Every game has a few bad calls and we all know that. Just the fact of how often it happens at Raceland is suspect. No other way to look at it.  Now that doesn’t take anything away from how hard the Rams typically play because they always give opposing teams a good fight. They played extremely well this past Friday night. I think they always play their heats out and don’t need that type of negativity attached to their home games. They’re too good of a 1A program. 

(10-25-2020, 01:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: All I’m saying is it’s time to come up with a different excuse after you lose.

If you paid attention, it’s always said everytime we win there as well. The outcome doesn’t change the fact of how Raceland’s officiating is at home. That factor, win OR loose, is always the common denominator!

(10-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Josiewales Wrote: First off, 57 yards of penalties is a bunch of crap. The total was 17 penalties to 3.  You might have left off a 1 in front of the 57 Ramdad50. All three Raceland penalties were false starts. Not one holding call. They really must be a very well disciplined team. I will never completely blame a loss on officials but it was very lopsided. Bottom line we didn’t execute when we needed to. Also, we had three starters out on defense and one starting lineman out. I have no doubt that the next game will also be a good game...always is. But I do look for a different outcome.

Josie Your also forgetting the 2 flags that the white hat came over and “It accidentally fell out of the officials pocket” and were waived off. Lol.
While watching the game with no dog in the fight the 4th quarter had a lot of questionable calls against Paintsville. I have seen the same thing at Paintsville but hate when officials effect the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kywvfan's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-25-2020, 06:23 PM)kywvfan Wrote: While watching the game with no dog in the fight the 4th quarter had a lot of questionable calls against Paintsville. I have seen the same thing at Paintsville but hate when officials effect the game.

with ya kywvfan. I don’t want calls just given, to my team and sure don’t want em just given, to the opposing team. With the amount of effort and hard work that ALL these young athletes put into the game, you hate to see adults turn in into something else.
(10-25-2020, 06:51 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 06:23 PM)kywvfan Wrote: While watching the game with no dog in the fight the 4th quarter had a lot of questionable calls against Paintsville. I have seen the same thing at Paintsville but hate when officials effect the game.

with ya kywvfan. I don’t want calls just given, to my team and sure don’t want em just given, to the opposing team. With the amount of effort and hard work that ALL these young athletes put into the game, you hate to see adults turn in into something else.
I’m a Ram fan but I’m also not a blind homer.  I’ve watched the parts of the game on video and I’ll agree that there were several questionable calls.  I’m not saying Raceland is innocent by any means but every time I’ve watched Paintsville play for the past few years they have had a tendency to taunt opposing teams and that attitude can make an official quick to throw a flag when he might have kept it in his pocket.  That being said, I’m not going to say that we didn’t benefit from some calls because we did and I hate it that our home stadium has gotten the reputation that it has because after such a great game the main conversation shouldn’t be the officiating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Can we just stop. People look stupid blaming officials every time you lose . And yes that is what you all do. Rams had 3 turnovers were down 13. If you are the number 1 team in the state then put them away. Everytime Paintsville gets punched in the mouth this happens. Its 1 game you get to come back if you are that good then just win the game otherwise give Raceland kids credit for a good game because it was. Adults crying over officials is ridiculous. They were personal fouls and unsportsmanlike ob a coach at one point. Come on people suck it up and give both set of kids credit for a great High School football game. Fact is Paintsville had played no one with a pulse and it showed. Paintsville was the 3rd team Raceland had played rank in the top 2 in there class. Pikeville and Ashland and still have Russell and Paintsville again. Not to mention a 3-1 Lawrence County this week. Go play Pikeville this week and get better that is what its all about anyhow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ramfan02's post:
  • Panthers Dominate, RAMDAD50
I attended rooting for Raceland (NEKY guy)

Left the game thinking that Paintsville got the short end of the stick with officiating. But that’s not why they lost. Have to become more versatile on offense.

Raceland is going to be a problem in a couple years in 1A..
(10-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Can we just stop. People look stupid blaming officials every time you lose . And yes that is what you all do. Rams had 3 turnovers were down 13.  If you are the number 1 team in the state then put them away. Everytime Paintsville gets punched in the mouth this happens. Its 1 game you get to come back if you are that good then just win the game otherwise give Raceland kids credit for a good game because it was.  Adults crying over officials is ridiculous.  They were personal fouls and unsportsmanlike ob a coach at one point. Come on people suck it up and give both set of kids credit for a great High School football game.  Fact is Paintsville had played no one with a pulse and it showed. Paintsville was the 3rd team Raceland had played rank in the top 2 in there class. Pikeville and Ashland and still have Russell and Paintsville again. Not to mention a 3-1 Lawrence County this week. Go play Pikeville this week and get better that is what its all about anyhow.

You did notice Blaze’s post didn’t you?
Yep I seen his reply. Your point? My answer has nothing to do with his. My point is you were up 13 opposing team gave you 3 turnovers. Personal Fouls and Unsportsmanlike penalties are solely on you. Holding could be called on every play in HS . Paintsville DBs hold on every play and have for years that's how they play. And I have never complained. You lost but man up play Pikeville this week and move on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramfan02's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-25-2020, 10:11 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Yep I seen his reply. Your point? My answer has nothing to do with his.  My point is you were up 13 opposing team gave you 3 turnovers. Personal Fouls and Unsportsmanlike penalties are solely on you. Holding could be called on every play in HS . Paintsville DBs hold on every play and have for years that's how they play. And I have never complained. You lost but man up play Pikeville this week and move on.

One thing you admitted is “a holding play can be called on every play”. Odd how Raceland didn’t get flagged for even 1 during the game! As far as unsportsmanlike the jawing wasn’t solely from one side. Never is! 3rd Have you read 1 post that said Paintsville lost because of the Horrible officiating? Uh no, you haven’t. Paintsville lost the game! That’s not even what’s being discussed. What’s being discussed on this thread is how Raceland is known for HUGE penalty differential’s. That’s coming from Not just Paintsville fans but A Pikeville fan, a Raceland Fan, another man (not sure his school affiliation) that attended the game rooting for the Rams! So your input would help, if it was actually on what’s being talked about.
Your input would help if you had a clue of what you were talking about. I have been to every Raceland game for 3 years they have very few penalties home or away. They are usually a very disciplined team. Paintsville is just not and that's fine but it is what it is.
Its all in fun guys but just to be accurate it was 10 to 3 on penalties Friday!!!
We got beat. Raceland could have laid down when they were down 13 but they didn’t and deserved the win. Potentially a season changing type of win for them. Hopefully in the rematch we can play a cleaner game.
(10-26-2020, 05:21 AM)The Ramfan02 Wrote: Your input would help if you had a clue of what you were talking about.  I have been to every Raceland game for 3 years they have very few penalties home or away. They are usually a very disciplined team. Paintsville is just not and that's fine but it is what it is.
Now at least I’ve got you talking about the same thing that everyone is!. Good job for paying attention!  Last Friday nights game isn’t the ONLY one in question there bud. There’s a track record. It is what it is. People know it! It takes a special kind of man to be able to admit that they see it, just like Blaze has stated. He has an open mind and sees the game for how it is. I watch the game the same way. I can admit when a call goes Paintsville’s way that shouldn’t, just like I can see when it’s blatantly going against them as well. You’ve proven that you are not capable of this! Anyway good luck with that, hope you enjoy the rest of the season pal!! ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • MountainMamba
RamFan run that mouth in the playoffs when it counts. If you don’t think that game was called one sided you may be classified as a degenerate.