Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crittenden County 47 Russellville 6
Another week, another dominating performance and running clock. Crittenden’s nasty defense shuts down Russellville and holds them to no points. Russellville’s only score coming on Crittenden’s first offensive possession when a fumble inside the 10 resulted in a scoop and score. What’s scary is Crittenden did it with star RB Xander Tabor getting injured on his 4th carry and exiting the game. However the 2nd team RB Caden McCalister stepped up big time with 197 yards on 21 carries, with 5 TD’s. Hopefully Tabor gets healthy before the playoffs as this team has a a real shot to make it to Lexington.
Good win for the Rockets but their schedule doesn't really tell us how good they are yet, Hancock county and Tilghman will tell us more about how things stand.
(10-24-2020, 11:38 AM)missthefield Wrote: Good win for the Rockets but their schedule doesn't really tell us how good they are yet, Hancock county and Tilghman will tell us more about how things stand.

They throttled Murray who beat Caldwell...., then did the same to Union who destroyed PT. I’ve got a feeling if Caldwell rematches Crittenden now, the game would be a much different story. They shut down Caldwell’s running game And the secondary is now statistically one of the best in the state.

And I believe the PT game is off because of PT’s COVID situation.
Murray had 4 turnovers, that will get you beat every time, union has only won 2 games, also Caldwell doesn't have much of a running game. As for the Caldwell game, they say that every year, Caldwell could easily be 4 and 1 with Hoptown being the only game they were really out of with 5 turnovers, if Crittenden beats Hancock, people will start putting them in the conversation when talking about being a serious contender in 1A.
(10-24-2020, 10:00 PM)missthefield Wrote: Murray had 4 turnovers, that will get you beat every time, union has only won 2 games, also Caldwell doesn't have much of a running game. As for the Caldwell game, they say that every year, Caldwell could easily be 4 and 1 with Hoptown being the only game they were really out of with 5 turnovers, if Crittenden beats Hancock, people will start putting them in the conversation when talking about being a serious contender in 1A.

One of two things has happened since week 1. Crittenden has improved greatly or Caldwell has regressed. Crittenden forces turnovers at a high rate, so I don’t think you can discredit their win over Murray, especially when they beat them by 3 TD’s. Then, you guys turn around and lose to that same Murray. Crittenden passes the eye test.

(10-24-2020, 10:00 PM)missthefield Wrote: Murray had 4 turnovers, that will get you beat every time, union has only won 2 games, also Caldwell doesn't have much of a running game. As for the Caldwell game, they say that every year, Caldwell could easily be 4 and 1 with Hoptown being the only game they were really out of with 5 turnovers, if Crittenden beats Hancock, people will start putting them in the conversation when talking about being a serious contender in 1A.

And I wasn’t saying Union was great, but you said the Tilghman game would be a “test”, after they got destroyed by Union...
I'm Crittenden has improved since the first game and I'm not discrediting the Murray win, but I would say a district game means more than a non district game wouldn't you. The Caldwell vs Murray game was one that Caldwell led most of the game and should have won, the Mayfield game could have been won too, that close. Crittenden is a good 1A school in this area, but Union, Trigg, Fulton and Caverna are mediocre teams this year and judging from Murrays 1 point loss to Mayfield I would say the Crittenden game would be a much different story if those two met again. I still think Tilghman would beat Crittenden if they play, comparing scores is not an exact science sometimes it makes since ans sometimes not.
(10-25-2020, 11:30 AM)missthefield Wrote: I'm Crittenden has improved since the first game and I'm not discrediting the Murray win, but I would say a district game means more than a non district game wouldn't you. The Caldwell vs Murray game was one that Caldwell led most of the game and should have won, the Mayfield game could have been won too, that close. Crittenden is a good 1A school in this area, but Union, Trigg, Fulton and Caverna are mediocre teams this year and judging from Murrays 1 point loss to Mayfield I would say the Crittenden game would be a much different story if those two met again. I still think Tilghman would beat Crittenden if they play, comparing scores is not an exact science sometimes it makes since ans sometimes not.

It may not be an exact science but to say Crittenden would lose to a team that just lost by 6 TD‘S to a team Crittenden beat by 2 TD’s is just foolish. Hancock is another top 10 team and undefeated, so this should be a good measuring stick.