Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville RPI and Class A RPI analysis
Going to watch Apollo 13 with the baby girl, will give analysis later.

Bottom line Pikeville needs a game with Letcher Central, West Carter, Pike Central or Shelby Valley...or someone similar to not end up playing at Paintsville where Pikeville being 3 TDs or better could be in jeopardy...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Hearing Beechwood is open? Be a good one to get
[-] The following 2 users Like bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
This just shows how ridiculous this RPI system is.... got to be a better way!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueSky's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Last I heard Letcher needs a game for Friday.Was supposed to play Shelby Valley but it got canceled and now Shelby Valley is playing Fleming co and Letcher has no one to play as of now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F-N 1980's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-01-2020, 08:49 PM)BlueSky Wrote: This just shows how ridiculous this RPI system is.... got to be a better way!!!
Ughhh have you already forgot the old way? Haha. RPI is much better! And it give them something to build on, I think the KHsaa will eventually revamp the formula they use to make it even better!! But RPI isn’t/wasn’t mad for a situation like we have now. Few games with COVID.
(11-01-2020, 08:23 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Hearing Beechwood is open? Be a good one to get
A loss wouldn’t help pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCarterComet's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-01-2020, 08:23 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Hearing Beechwood is open? Be a good one to get
Great suggestion Bac. Love to see that one.  Idea

(11-01-2020, 07:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Going to watch Apollo 13 with the baby girl, will give analysis later.

Bottom line Pikeville needs a game with Letcher Central, West Carter, Pike Central or Shelby Valley...or someone similar to not end up playing at Paintsville where Pikeville being 3 TDs or better could be in jeopardy...
Panthers would have to give up 3 tds while getting off the bus in that one. Either that or someone will get tossed off the press box when the tiggers start getting behind in scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-01-2020, 11:13 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
Great suggestion Bac. Love to see that one.  Idea

(11-01-2020, 07:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Going to watch Apollo 13 with the baby girl, will give analysis later.

Panthers would have to give up 3 tds while getting off the bus in that one. Either that or someone will get tossed off the press box when the tiggers start getting behind in scoring.
Thank you all for having confidence in the Tigers. Obviously, going back to Raceland and winning will be a walk in the park. 

Also, see last year’s penalty yards in the playoff game Paintsville/Raceland...you all might actually want to play us in Paintsville lol 

Also, RPI is a joke, that we agree. 99.7% of football people agree Pikeville is #1.
Ok here is my thesis in 2 minutes...btw Apollo 13 is a little long but very good...
Class: 1A Win-Loss Records
Holy Cross (Louisville) 229 137 5 - 1 1 - 0 1 - 0 .70282
Kentucky Country Day 266 101 6 - 1 4 - 0 3 - 0 .68003
Pikeville 224 124 5 - 2 3 - 0 2 - 0 .66155
Paintsville 254 83 5 - 2 2 - 1 1 - 1 .66032
Newport Central Catholic 207 106 6 - 1 3 - 0 3 - 0 .64415
#1 Holy Cross has scheduled Marion Co., horrible 4A team, for easy win and bonus RPI points...this will allow them to keep #1 spot in RPI...
# 2 KCD scheduled Bardstown, will be a loss unless they pull a Paintsville and bail...will cause them to fall below Paintsville and Pikeville...
#4 Paintsville scheduled a bad team with a good record in Breathitt. Anyone see a pattern with Paintsville scheduling? I do. Breathitt just lost to Pike Central, who lost the previous week to Belfry by 42 in early running clock fashion.

#3 Pikeville has no game scheduled.

So......KCD loses and falls below Paintsville and Pikeville, Paintsville passes Pikeville beating a crappy Breathitt and gets the 2 seed, and Pikeville ends up with 3 seed.

Pikeville needs a game....

I still like Pikeville over Paintsville by 30 at Pikeville or Kroger, but the margin for error is reduced by 2 or 3 TDs at Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever
^And I'm leaving Raceland out of the analysis because Raceland could only meet Pikeville at Pikeville or Kroger, and a win ain't happening for them at either place...
(11-01-2020, 09:10 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
It actually could, for sure from an experience perspective and even with possibly an easier opponent if they have to go on the road in the semifinals...
(11-01-2020, 09:10 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
playing the game win or loose would help them.not playing dosent help.sitting out 2 to 3 weeks is going to hurt a lot of teams come playoff time.but i also understand the covid deal.what a flippin mess.hope one of these days someone pays for this
Jet KCD already canceled on Bardstown. Bet they pick up a win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
I’m confused. Do y’all want Pikeville to stay high on your moral high horse, or do you want them to schedule a large school they can beat?

Also, I’m serious, Paintsville does not have a great track record at home in the playoffs. Some is that due to playing really good teams and some is due to a large disparity in penalties.
(11-02-2020, 08:29 AM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Jet KCD already canceled on Bardstown. Bet they pick up a win.
Of course they did, lol!!!!
(11-02-2020, 09:44 AM)2000PHS Wrote: I’m confused. Do y’all want Pikeville to stay high on your moral high horse, or do you want them to schedule a large school they can beat?

Also, I’m serious, Paintsville does not have a great track record at home in the playoffs. Some is that due to playing really good teams and some is due to a large disparity in penalties.
Point out anything in this thread you find to be false.

I'm glad KCD bailed on Bardstown, I want the two mountain teams to go to Louisville and demolish KCD and Holy Cross.
You have drilled Paintsville for what they did, and some was justified. However, if Pikeville turns around and schedules a bad large school, it isnt as bad, but still Pikeville will be playing the same game.

I hope Pikeville and Paintsville meet in Lexington, and we are both healthy. Pikeville would be the favorite but we would at least have a better showing than last year.
(11-02-2020, 10:34 AM)2000PHS Wrote: You have drilled Paintsville for what they did, and some was justified. However, if Pikeville turns around and schedules a bad large school, it isnt as bad, but still Pikeville will be playing the same game.
Apples and Oranges. If Pikeville cancelled on, let’s say Bardstown, then played someone. Sure. 

However, Knox cancelled on Pikeville a month ago. What the Panthers decide to do with this week is entirely their business.
[-] The following 3 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever
Not exactly apples and oranges but I see your argument. Pikeville is going to do what is best for them this week and in the playoffs. If a bad large school pops up on your schedule this week, it is as clear as Walter White crystal what Pikeville is doing. If I were Pikeville, I would do one of two things:

1. Not play, get healthy
2. Play the best team I could find 3A or below to get challenged and work on stuff.
(11-02-2020, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Not exactly apples and oranges but I see your argument. Pikeville is going to do what is best for them this week and in the playoffs. If a bad large school pops up on your schedule this week, it is as clear as Walter White crystal what Pikeville is doing. If I were Pikeville, I would do one of two things:

1. Not play, get healthy
2. Play the best team I could find 3A or below to get challenged and work on stuff.
You are becoming a Pikeville fan 2000! Holding Pikeville to higher standards than Paintsville like all Pikeville fans do...
(11-02-2020, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Not exactly apples and oranges but I see your argument. Pikeville is going to do what is best for them this week and in the playoffs. If a bad large school pops up on your schedule this week, it is as clear as Walter White crystal what Pikeville is doing. If I were Pikeville, I would do one of two things:

1. Not play, get healthy
Gaslighting 101 lol...
(11-02-2020, 10:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 09:44 AM)2000PHS Wrote: I’m confused. Do y’all want Pikeville to stay high on your moral high horse, or do you want them to schedule a large school they can beat?

I'm glad KCD bailed on Bardstown, I want the two mountain teams to go to Louisville and demolish KCD and Holy Cross.

Ya'll keep sleeping on Crittenden County...
(11-02-2020, 11:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy
You are becoming a Pikeville fan 2000! Holding Pikeville to higher standards than Paintsville like all Pikeville fans do...

Well then I fully expect you to condemn the Pikeville coaching staff when a “large, bad team” pops up, if it does. Or you could go ahead and speak out against it. 
I think I was pretty firm on my thoughts about canceling with LCA.

(11-02-2020, 11:44 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:

I watched CC last year, unless they have improved by 6 TDs... they ain’t touching the East top 3.
^Nobody on here is advocating cancelling on anyone. Pikeville should schedule a game to get experience. And if they don't keep RPI/possible home field throughout in mind, they will be the only ones...
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)2000PHS Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy

Well then I fully expect you to condemn the Pikeville coaching staff when a “large, bad team” pops up, if it does. Or you could go ahead and speak out against it. 

I watched CC last year, unless they have improved by 6 TDs... they ain’t touching the East top 3.

"I watched CC last year".
They just outplayed the 6th best team in 6a, Henderson.  
CC probably has the best defense by a fairly wide margin in 1a.  they'll beat Holy Cross or KCD in the regional finals this year.  We'll see what happens moving forward.

Really just contemplating how home filed could shake out for Pikeville GBG, Crittenden doesn't seem to factor in to those calcs. Nothing against Crittenden at all.
Actually would like to see Crittenden win region, if RPIs hold it would mean a mountain team would get a semifinal game at home.
Go Crittenden. Really a pretty good team.
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)2000PHS Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy

"I watched CC last year".
They just outplayed the 6th best team in 6a, Henderson.  
CC probably has the best defense by a fairly wide margin in 1a.  they'll beat Holy Cross or KCD in the regional finals this year.  We'll see what happens moving forward.
Um, no.