Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Trinity 11/06
Thoughts and predictions
This will be a good game for Trinitys JV.
No disrespect meant to North Laurel, but this game serves zero purpose for either program. I guess it's cool for the NL guys to say they played Trinity, but I'm not sure NL could beat Trinity's JV.

Trinity wins by a running clock early in the 2nd quarter.

As a fan, I selfishly would like to see this game cancelled and Trinity play Johnson Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • 64SUR
Why????
Why?????
Why??????

Trinity 70
North Laurel 00
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Trinity having fun!
North Laurel learning.
Absolutely ridiculous that a head coach would do this to his team!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05
(11-01-2020, 09:33 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: This will be a good game for Trinitys JV.
No it won’t!!!! Haha. Maybe their freshman.
(11-01-2020, 09:34 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: No disrespect meant to North Laurel, but this game serves zero purpose for either program. I guess it's cool for the NL guys to say they played Trinity, but I'm not sure NL could beat Trinity's JV.

As a fan, I selfishly would like to see this game cancelled and Trinity play Johnson Central.
They’d beat JC by 4 plus TDS too. It’s always the same song with a different dance. Couple years ago, people were saying Boyle could play with trinity. And we all know now, that would be a massacre. No offense to JC, they ARE the team to beat in 4A, but until you watch trinity, a lot of people just don’t get how much of a different level they are on. There’s a reason they play top teams nationally.
Hmmmm, I like NL with the upset here, lol ok Ill set the bottle down now. Trinity will call the dogs off early 50-0.
Trinity 68-7
(11-02-2020, 12:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Trinity 68-7
Never figured you for an optimists. Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-02-2020, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 09:34 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: No disrespect meant to North Laurel, but this game serves zero purpose for either program. I guess it's cool for the NL guys to say they played Trinity, but I'm not sure NL could beat Trinity's JV.

They’d beat JC by 4 plus TDS too. It’s always the same song with a different dance. Couple years ago, people were saying Boyle could play with trinity. And we all know now, that would be a massacre. No offense to JC, they ARE the team to beat in 4A, but until you watch trinity, a lot of people just don’t get how much of a different level they are on. There’s a reason they play top teams nationally.
I don't doubt that Trinity would be favored by at least 17 points, but I also don't think Trinity would absolutely torch JC either. The Eagles would make them earn it and it would be a very physical game, but overall talent would prevail and Trinity would wear JC down and win comfortably in the 4th quarter. I'd guess a final of 31-14 would be a likely outcome.
Who scheduled this catastrophe?
(11-02-2020, 02:22 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

I don't doubt that Trinity would be favored by at least 17 points, but I also don't think Trinity would absolutely torch JC either. The Eagles would make them earn it and it would be a very physical game, but overall talent would prevail and Trinity would wear JC down and win comfortably in the 4th quarter. I'd guess a final of 31-14 would be a likely outcome.
You could be right, I’m just simply stating that history implies they are on a totally different level.
"The nationally ranked Trinity High School football team has been quarantined after a player tested positive for COVID-19, and the Shamrocks’ home game Friday against North Laurel has been canceled."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...123972002/
Well that is a miracle in disguise for NL. Hope the kid recovers fast!!!
Hate this for N L... this had to be the biggest game in their history.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(11-02-2020, 03:41 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Hate this for N L... this had to be the biggest game in their history.

I would have hated to see the nl kids emasculated from playing this game. They do need to play some better competition but play games you’ve got a chance of keeping close or winning, not being throttled in the first quarter
Hey I told you a feel NL good pull the upset. Trinity game cancelled that's win for them. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-02-2020, 05:13 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: Hey I told you a feel NL good pull the upset. Trinity game cancelled that's win for them. Lol

LMAO goofball, although your probably right it’s probably the only way nl could have won
Lol, Yes that was my point. Only they could win.
So will it go down as a COVID Cancelation? Is so NL can tell everyone they Tied with the states best team!!!
(11-02-2020, 08:47 PM)SHound05 Wrote: So will it go down as a COVID Cancelation? Is so NL can tell everyone they Tied with the states best team!!!

I believe north now will be playing Pulaski county Friday.
(11-02-2020, 08:54 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:47 PM)SHound05 Wrote: So will it go down as a COVID Cancelation? Is so NL can tell everyone they Tied with the states best team!!!

I believe north now will be playing Pulaski county Friday.

This COVID-19 thing dodging people in wal-mart has me all screw up. North Laurel playing East Jessamine. 
This would have been the first time since at least the 1998 season that a team from the Southeast KY. area played Trinity.

NL probably would get blown out by Trinity's JV, but that doesn't matter. Getting to travel to the Rocks home field and play a nationally ranked team doesn't happen very often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Hound05
(11-03-2020, 09:58 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: This would have been the first time since at least the 1998 season that a team from the Southeast KY. area played Trinity.

NL probably would get blown out by Trinity's JV, but that doesn't matter.  Getting to travel to the Rocks home field and play a nationally ranked team doesn't happen very often.
Who was the last?
(11-03-2020, 10:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 09:58 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: This would have been the first time since at least the 1998 season that a team from the Southeast KY. area played Trinity.

NL probably would get blown out by Trinity's JV, but that doesn't matter.  Getting to travel to the Rocks home field and play a nationally ranked team doesn't happen very often.
Who was the last?
I have no idea.  The KHSAA scoreboard only goes back to 1998.

Before 1998, you'd have to check with a Trinity football historian.