Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shut down rumors
Received a couple of calls and text yesterday about a rumor that Andy is planning to shut things down again, including HS sports. Not sure what this means although I have seen some schools as of yesterday have shut down for the last week of regular season but plan to start back up for the playoffs. We have made it this far they need to let us finish it. The players, coaches and parents have done a great job these last 8 weeks. The best "ability" during these times is "flexability" and I think we have all done our part and then some to be flexibile. Anyone else hearing anything?
(11-02-2020, 11:36 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Received a couple of calls and text yesterday about a rumor that Andy is planning to shut things down again, including HS sports. Not sure what this means although I have seen some schools as of yesterday have shut down for the last week of regular season but plan to start back up for the playoffs. We have made it this far they need to let us finish it. The players, coaches and parents have done a great job these last 8 weeks. The best "ability" during these times is "flexability" and I think we have all done our part and then some to be flexibile. Anyone else hearing anything?

He wont' shut sports down.
The reality is that there are no true "outbreaks" traced back to sports teams.  There have been cases, but not any "outbreaks".

(11-02-2020, 11:45 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:36 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Received a couple of calls and text yesterday about a rumor that Andy is planning to shut things down again, including HS sports. Not sure what this means although I have seen some schools as of yesterday have shut down for the last week of regular season but plan to start back up for the playoffs. We have made it this far they need to let us finish it. The players, coaches and parents have done a great job these last 8 weeks. The best "ability" during these times is "flexability" and I think we have all done our part and then some to be flexibile. Anyone else hearing anything?

He wont' shut sports down.
The reality is that there are no true "outbreaks" traced back to sports teams.  There have been cases, but not any "outbreaks".

To expand.  This would be political suicide.  Early on he was repaying teachers for trying to convince schools to not go back in session.
But with so few outbreaks being linked to schools he doesn't have a leg to stand on in "shutting things down"

He'll make "recommendations" and the weaker superintendents will go along with them.  But the majority of schools won't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Go Blazers Go's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
He can kiss a re-election goodbye if he wants to get rid of football. If he hasn’t already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagle2009's post:
  • MadScientist94
I get so sick of these damn gloom and doom threads.
(11-02-2020, 01:43 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: I get so sick of these damn gloom and doom threads.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!  We’re going to finish this season, know how I know? University of Kentucky has a national championship team and no way are the powers at be going to shut down sports.
I don’t even understand why people listen to him anymore. He’s a hypocrite who wants people to stay home but yet we have proof he’s out with his kid playing baseball!!!

Football isn’t the problem. Schools aren’t the problem. You can’t have an outbreak when fans are sitting 10 yards apart and I’ve seen more people in restaurants than ball games. Contact tracing would be easy if there was a case. And if it were that bad, when one player tested positive would at least a few more players get it too? Haven’t seen that. I’m glad the mods keep political crap out of here because it’s everywhere else. But screw Herr Andy and his candy land views
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • MadScientist94
(11-02-2020, 01:40 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: He can kiss a re-election goodbye if he wants to get rid of football. If he hasn’t already.

I know!  Regardless of the possibility it will prolong or spread the virus, I wanna watch a football game.  And it's football. Let's not think about basketball and that kind of stuff while we watch football games.  Football is a sport that needs to be thought about.  The virus hits who it hits, but at least we can watch Football. Blush
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 1 user Likes Poseidon's post:
  • MadScientist94
I've posted this before. His map does not match with what he reports.
Run you own county numbers and see how it matches the map.
(11-02-2020, 05:25 PM)Tommy2tone Wrote: I've posted this before.  His map does not match with what he reports.
Run you own county numbers and see how it matches the map.

Where does he get his numbers from?  Have you run the numbers?  If so, can we see the numbers you have come up with and the source you got the numbers from?

(11-02-2020, 05:21 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 01:40 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: He can kiss a re-election goodbye if he wants to get rid of football. If he hasn’t already.

I know right?  I wanna watch a football game regardless of the chances of it prolonging or spreading the virus.  Also its Football, let us finish and do not think about Basketball and such that will suffer because of a possible shutdown due to us watching football GAMES.  Football is the only sport that needs to be thought about.  And the virus kills who it kills, but at least we get to watch Football. Blush
I am sure glad you understand and summarize how we feel. Bet you got your front row seat reserved so you can hug and shake hands with all the parents and other fans.  No one going to keep you away from your buttery popcorn.   Wait, you better not come to game and save that five dollars like Andy said because, while Andy wants you to stay at home, as soon as it is over he going to want you get off your arse and go back to work and repay the unemployment you received.

(11-02-2020, 05:31 PM)kai Wrote:

I know right?  I wanna watch a football game regardless of the chances of it prolonging or spreading the virus.  Also its Football, let us finish and do not think about Basketball and such that will suffer because of a possible shutdown due to us watching football GAMES.  Football is the only sport that needs to be thought about.  And the virus kills who it kills, but at least we get to watch Football. Blush
I am sure glad you understand and summarize how we feel. Bet you got your front row seat reserved so you can hug and shake hands with all the parents and other fans.  No one going to keep you away from your buttery popcorn.   Wait, you better not come to game and save that five dollars like Andy said because, while Andy wants you to stay at home, as soon as it is over he going to want you get off your arse and go back to work and repay the unemployment you received.
But with all snark aside.  Hope everyone stays safe and hope kids do avoid getting it and spreading it.and hope all teams make it through playoffs healthy.    I really do want to see a basketball season.

But with all snark aside.  Hope everyone stays safe and hope kids do avoid getting it and spreading it.and hope all teams make it through playoffs healthy.    I really do want to see a basketball season.
I haven't received a dime in unemployment and am working now, but good try.

Some of you sound incredibly dumb and misinformed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
While I'm certainly not a Beshear supporter by any means.....IMO....it may be wise to shut down this last week of the regular season. Let teams heal up.....injury wise and covid-19 related. Then come back with playoff games as scheduled. There have been SO many games cancelled across the state....whether its regular season or playoffs....what's gonna stop that from continuing? would hate to see some teams be forcefully eliminated due to covid-19. That would be a shame.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(11-02-2020, 06:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Some of you sound incredibly dumb and misinformed.
This coming from a flaming liberal coronabro
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ralph Furley's post:
  • MadScientist94
(11-02-2020, 09:59 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 06:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Some of you sound incredibly dumb and misinformed.
Haha yes please don't respond to Clay, everyone is dumb for pointing out the 99.99999999999999878787787999 survival rate lol...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Deuce8
(11-02-2020, 09:25 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: While I'm certainly not a Beshear supporter by any means.....IMO....it may be wise to shut down this last week of the regular season.  Let teams heal up.....injury wise and covid-19 related.  Then come back with playoff games as scheduled.  There have been SO many games cancelled across the state....whether its regular season or playoffs....what's gonna stop that from continuing?  would hate to see some teams be forcefully eliminated due to covid-19.  That would be a shame.
I would agree with you but shutdowns beget longer shutdowns. if going this route I would like wait 3 weeks and just have regional finals, semifinals and championships.
(11-02-2020, 09:59 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
Don’t entertain him Ralph it only makes it worse !!!!!!! Everyone on here knows he wears a mask in his car by himself...... and everyone is “dumb and misinformed “ what a joke
I think he knows that ship has sailed already.... He is already a lame duck