Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basketball Season Postponement???
Sacrifice a season?
That's the last season for many of our high school athletes. It's interesting how some people believe they should tell others what they should do with their lives, especially when it appears that season had very little to do with any kind of spread. There are thousands of other ways to get it and most have not been curtailed at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Poseidon
I’d be very surprised if the season is pushed back I heard the board members are split on a decision.
(12-09-2020, 07:58 PM)HCS Wrote: Sacrifice a season?
That's the last season for many of our high school athletes. It's interesting how some people believe they should tell others what they should do with their lives, especially when it appears that season had very little to do with any kind of spread. There are thousands of other ways to get it and most have not been curtailed at all.

Relax people.  I am not saying this is the best option.  Just a last resort option.  Dang people.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Season will be pushed back 2 weeks maybe a month.. It will be Madness at Rupp in April!
I think the season will start on January 4, they have already pushed it back a month what is going to be different in 2 weeks or a month. It’s not fair to the spring sports (who have already lost a season) to be pushed back again. I say they just follow the football model and roll with it. They only have certain dates they can use Rupp and can’t change that date every 4 weeks. Some schools might opt out of playing and that’s ok but moving back a few weeks isn’t going to change anything.
Let's get ready to play ball!  1st games January 4th.  I wish all the players and fans the best health and safety.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

It's still going to be up to each school district. And of course what our dictator of a governor has to say. Probably a good play by the KHSAA to make a vote and say "Hey we are not the bad guys here we voted to start and they (the governor/schools) are saying we can't. Don't blame us we are the good guys." ------Still lots of stuff to be sorted out clearly if you watched the entire meeting.
I just don’t know why our kids can’t play basketball, until Walmart is shut down, church’s are shut down(and I’m not saying it should be), bars are open, malls are a mad house, but HS basketball is gonna cause mass spread of Covid, they are playing sports at every level, if you have someone test positive in your program then shut it down for 2 weeks and figure it out, if you fear for your child don’t let him play, if you fear for yourself don’t attend the games but I have 2 seniors who live and die for B-ball
(12-10-2020, 05:01 PM)Imanobody Wrote: I just don’t know why our kids can’t play basketball, until Walmart is shut down, church’s are shut down(and I’m not saying it should be), bars are open, malls are a mad house, but HS basketball is gonna cause mass spread of Covid, they are playing sports at every level, if you have someone test positive in your program then shut it down for 2 weeks and figure it out, if you fear for your child don’t let him play, if you fear for yourself don’t attend the games but I have 2 seniors who live and die for B-ball
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! 100% agree!   But you have a lot of morons say___ If we all comply with wearing mask this thing would behind us but no one is wearing their mask! California has something like a 97% mask compliance rate and IT AIN’T WORKING nor is Kentucky’s.  It’s time to get on with life.
(12-10-2020, 06:39 PM)predict_proba Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 05:01 PM)Imanobody Wrote: I just don’t know why our kids can’t play basketball, until Walmart is shut down, church’s are shut down(and I’m not saying it should be), bars are open, malls are a mad house, but HS basketball is gonna cause mass spread of Covid, they are playing sports at every level, if you have someone test positive in your program then shut it down for 2 weeks and figure it out, if you fear for your child don’t let him play, if you fear for yourself don’t attend the games but I have 2 seniors who live and die for B-ball
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! 100% agree!   But you have a lot of morons say___ If we all comply with wearing mask this thing would behind us but no one is wearing their mask! California has something like a 97% mask compliance rate and IT AIN’T WORKING nor is Kentucky’s.  It’s time to get on with life.
AAU/Travel ball is wide open so these kids should play. Size of gym will have bearing on attendance. I think they are still trying to play the ALL A tournament. The flip a quarter has to be one of the most stupid rules ever...
I’ve heard that the 15 percent capacity includes players, coaches and refs. Can anyone verify this information?