Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Players in the Mountains by Class?
Who are they? Class of 2021, 2022, and 2023?
Reed Shepherd / 2023 / North Laurel
Wilgus Tolson 2021 PG
Jazz Johnson 2021 SG
Sawyer Thompson 2022 SG
I'd be surprised if Jordan Akal isn't the best player in the mountains in the Class of 22. The same for Sheppard in 2023 and Trent Noah in 2024.
16th region Ashland’s Cole Villers ‘22 and Colin Porter ‘23.
[-] The following 2 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat, T-CATS
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:16th region Ashland’s Cole Villers ‘22 and Colin Porter ‘23.

I agree.  16th Region by class would be:
Mason Moore  2021  Honorable mention: Kirk Pence
Cole Villers     2022  Honorable mention:  Ethan Sellars  (This young man is a player.)
Colin Porter    2023
Zander Carter 2024

The Tomcats will be tough to handle.  Don't forget the new big man at Ashland.  I don't know much about him but he is supposed to be a solid 2021 Center too.
No knock to porter bc he is good but Reed Shepherd hands down is the best 2023 prospect not only in the mountains but in the state. Hes the 13th best SG in the nation according to the latest ESPN polls. And why is no one mentioning Rylee Samons from pikeville in the 2022 class
(12-24-2020, 08:53 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: No knock to porter bc he is good but Reed Shepherd hands down is the best 2023 prospect not only in the mountains but in the state.  Hes the 13th best SG in the nation according to the latest ESPN polls.  And why is no one mentioning Rylee Samons from pikeville in the 2022 class
Porter and Shepherd are two entirely different guards. I’ve seen both play. Porter is a true point guard with ball handling, passing and a knack for getting to the basket. He makes everyone around him better. Shepherd is more of a 2, a shooting guard. Now, with that said, I’d sure like to see them in the same lineup. Whew!! What a pair of guards. 
on another note, I think Ashland will be playing Marshall County this year and that matchup will pit two of the premier point guards in the state against one another.
That doesn't sound like the Sheppard I saw last year. He didn't shoot very many 3s and got the basket a lot. He was also a very good passer.
(12-25-2020, 03:02 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:53 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: No knock to porter bc he is good but Reed Shepherd hands down is the best 2023 prospect not only in the mountains but in the state.  Hes the 13th best SG in the nation according to the latest ESPN polls.  And why is no one mentioning Rylee Samons from pikeville in the 2022 class
Porter and Shepherd are two entirely different guards. I’ve seen both play. Porter is a true point guard with ball handling, passing and a knack for getting to the basket. He makes everyone around him better. Shepherd is more of a 2, a shooting guard. Now, with that said, I’d sure like to see them in the same lineup. Whew!! What a pair of guards. 
on another note, I think Ashland will be playing Marshall County this year and that matchup will pit two of the premier point guards in the state against one another.

I never said they were the same I was just implying that Shepherd is the best prospect in the 2023 class regardless of position...