Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkinsville @ Calloway County 11/20
Calloway County has had a really nice turn around season and playing a home playoff game for the first time since 2016. They haven't won a playoff game since 2008 when they made the 4A semifinals, losing to Bullitt East 52-49. The highlight of the Laker's season may have come when they defeated Hopkinsville 14-7 in Murray during the regular season. Most considered it an upset at the time and many will consider the Lakers an underdog this time too. Hopkinsville has the upside of any 4A team in the West bracket, and a semifinal appearance wouldn't be shocking. Can the Tigers find their early season mojo in time to make a run or can Calloway County pull it out again?
If Hopkinsville doesn't have 5 turnovers I say they win 35-7. They have really found their MOJO in the last few games and I look forward to them coming out with a W. If Calloway can force turnovers again then Calloway does enough to get the W.
Historically Calloway can't touch Hoptown, but they did upset them earlier this year, like the op said 5 turnovers will get you beat most games against any team. Hoptown wins this game.
Hopkinsville 14-6 halftime

Calloway Co in redzone, down 21-14 7:00 4Q

Calloway Co with 35 yd FG. Hopkinsville leads 21-17
5:53 4Q

After a good Hopkinsville return, Calloway holds them 3 and out. Punt to the Calloway 8 yd line.
4:07 4Q

Calloway opts to punt after a 3 and out, having all their timeouts. Hopkinsville start at Calloway 44 yd line.
2:36 4Q

Hopkinsville punts to Calloway 3 yd line. Last chance for the Lakers
1:14 4Q

1st down pass intercepted. Hopkinsville will hang on for the 21-17 win
(11-18-2020, 09:29 PM)missthefield Wrote: Historically Calloway can't touch Hoptown, but they did upset them earlier this year, like the op said 5 turnovers will get you beat most games against any team. Hoptown wins this game.

Late post, but new member trying to post my required 3 replies to make my membership "official"...

No question Hoptown beat themselves in the late September game.   Their QB struggled the entire game, gave CC turnovers (including a INT return to the Hoptown 2 yard line, resulting in easy TD).   Add in a high snap over the head of the punter, and a missed call by the refs where they called a forward pass a lateral, and CC was able to steal one.