Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky 49 Western Carolina 14 (Opportunity Bowl)
EKU wins the first ever Opportunity Bowl against Western Carolina.   EKU finishes their season with a 3-6 record against an absolutely brutual schedule.  This team has by far exceeded my expectations ,and I'm really excited about the future of EKU football.
(11-21-2020, 09:22 PM)Westside Wrote: EKU wins the first ever Opportunity Bowl against Western Carolina.   EKU finishes their season with a 3-6 record against an absolutely brutual schedule.  This team has by far exceeded my expectations ,and I'm really excited about the future of EKU football.

I love your passion for EKU football. I am an EKU grad and I remember the days of my friend, Steve Bird , along with Tuck Woolum leading the Colonels, under the helm of HOF'er and Corbin native, Roy Kidd, to a couple of national titles.  Those were exciting times in Richmond. I lived in Richmond at the time and the place was abuzz with excitement over the football program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Westside
(12-05-2020, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:22 PM)Westside Wrote: EKU wins the first ever Opportunity Bowl against Western Carolina.   EKU finishes their season with a 3-6 record against an absolutely brutual schedule.  This team has by far exceeded my expectations ,and I'm really excited about the future of EKU football.

I love your passion for EKU football. I am an EKU grad and I remember the days of my friend, Steve Bird , along with Tuck Woolum leading the Colonels, under the helm of HOF'er and Corbin native, Roy Kidd, to a couple of national titles.  Those were exciting times in Richmond. I lived in Richmond at the time and the place was abuzz with excitement over the football program.

I graduated from EKU in 1996.  I have been a huge fan of EKU football as long as I can remember.  The times you speak of were just before "my time".  I have read a lot about the days you speak of, and can actually remember seeing highlights of the team in 1983.
I was there from '80- '83 working on my Bachelor's and back there from '86-88 working on my Master's. I really wish Bird would have been given a shot at the HC job. I know he would have been interested in following in the footsteps of his coach and mentor , HOF'er, and fellow Corbin native, Roy Kidd. Steve has had two stints as AC at EKU, the last being 2005-2006.