Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Coast Carolina
What are your thoughts on Coastal Carolina?   Yesterday They defeated previous unbeaten BYU to improve to 10-0.  They have had a very fast rise.  Back in 2012 EKU went to Coastal Carolina and defeated them 35-12.  The following season they returned the favor in Richmond 32-51.  When the Sun Belt was looking for new teams to add to their conference EKU and Coastal Carolina were both in the running.  Coastal Carolina won out, and it appears to have been a good decicion.   They have an obvious recruiting advantage over most schools being located on an Ocean Community.   Their rise in FBS reminds me of Marshall's quick rise.  I do believe it will be easier for them to maintain due to their location.
I have not seen them play. I really don't know how good they are. However, I respect that Coastal Carolina and BYU agreed to play on such short notice. Both of them could have stayed home or picked a weaker opponent.
Side note. I did not know that EKU almost joined the Sun Belt. First time I had heard that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(12-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Jarons Wrote: I have not seen them play. I really don't know how good they are. However, I respect that Coastal Carolina and BYU agreed to play on such short notice. Both of them could have stayed home or picked a weaker opponent.
Side note. I did not know that EKU almost joined the Sun Belt. First time I had heard that.

Yes, officials from the Sun Belt came to EKU, talked with them, and toured the facilities.
I think they are very good and deserve everything they’ve done so far. Hopefully they can sustain this momentum into next season and continue to build
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I nearly took a job at Coastal over a decade ago. The location was definitely part of why I was interested. Certainly, schools like Coastal , Pepperdine , and Hawaii have an easy sell when it comes to scenery. The school is obviously getting some athletes. Didn't Coastal win a national title in baseball a few years back?
(12-06-2020, 07:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I nearly took a job at Coastal over a decade ago. The location was definitely part of why I was interested. Certainly, schools like Coastal , Pepperdine , and Hawaii have an easy sell when it comes to  scenery.  The school is obviously getting some athletes. Didn't Coastal win a national title in baseball a few years back?
Yep. In 2016

It’s definitely eye candy for college recruits with their location as well
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Their Coach will be somewhere else I bet next season. Maybe Michigan.
(12-06-2020, 08:01 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Their Coach will be somewhere else I bet next season. Maybe Michigan.

I hope Michigan doesn't fire Hair Ball.  I love watching that dumpster fire.
(12-06-2020, 08:01 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Their Coach will be somewhere else I bet next season. Maybe Michigan.

Hadn’t even thought of that one. I had just considered him for the South Carolina gig.
#BBFL