Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest High School Coaches Of All Time
Seen This And Had To Post That Coach Philip Haywood Of My Belfry Pirates Comes In At Spot 9. Philip Haywood--Congrats To Coach And All His Past & Present Players

[/url][url=https://www.pinterest.com/stadiumtalk/]

HIGH SCHOOL
Greatest High School Football Coaches of All Time
By Tony Adame, updated on November 20, 2020
Coach Haywood pointing EKY on the map!

Never met that man, but I know he's the man!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
No one even close - Phillip Haywood at Belfry. He is the best by far to ever blow a whistle in highschool. Not only in eastern KY but the entire state. Besides all the State Championships he is a man you would want you son to play for.
Ken Barrett of Russellville
Joe Jaggers of Trigg and multiple Hardin Co School
Howard of Pikeville in the 80s and 90s
Haywood is a great coach , very wise and can see another teams weakness. I also enjoyed my son playing under Coach Matney
I would not trade the Morris clan of coaches for anyone. There have been some great ones across the state
[-] The following 2 users Like MayfieldCardinal's post:
  • CarzyRock, Hatz
Bob Beatty of Trinity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WideRight05's post:
  • Hatz
Ralph McRight Agusta Tilghman High School Paducah, KY, he also played at Alabama in the Rose Bowl.
Jack Haskins, Heath, Calloway County, Paducah Tilghman, Lone Oak Coached 3 Mr. Football.
(11-22-2020, 02:58 PM)watcher Wrote: No one even close - Phillip Haywood at Belfry.  He is the best by far to ever blow a whistle in highschool.  Not only in eastern KY but the entire state.  Besides all the State Championships he is a man you would want you son to play for.
Man I got mad respect for Haywood. But everyone forgets about a certain coach named Bob Beatty...... I mean if you remove the names and just put the accomplishments next to each other, Beatty gets the nod
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Hatz
But with that said^^^. I still like Haywood more
Beatty was awesome , but I will always pick Phillip Haywood.
This is in a different state but at a national level, Tiger LaVerde of Kirtland High School in Ohio has to be in any conversation. He has a career record of 206-27 and has taken Kirkland to the Ohio state finals 9 times since 2011 and won 6 times.
I'm a Sam Harp fan. No doubt the other guys are well deserving, but I also believe Coach Harp has to be in the conversation.
Mueller
Chuck Smith
Kevin Wallace
need to be in this thread
Coach
Schools
Record (Years coached entering 2017)
1. Philip Haywood-x
Prestonsburg/Belfry
417-129 (42)
2. Dudley Hilton-x
Bell County/Bourbon County/Taylor County
361-115 (38)
3. Bob Schneider
Newport Central Catholic
345-183-2 (44)
4. Mike Glaser
St. Xavier
336-78 (31)
5. Sam Harp
Danville
326-106 (32)
6. Bob Redman
Durrett/Waggener/Ballard/Male
317-115 (35)
7. Ivan McGlone
Russell
316-151 (38)
8. Mark Brown-x
Marion County/Nelson County/John Hardin/Elizabethtown
302-130 (35)
9. Larry French-x
Mercer County/Meade County/Lincoln County/Boyle County/Southwestern
302-156 (39)
10. Tom Larkey-x
Rockcastle County/Harlan County/Perry County Central
296-132 (36)
I thought he meant on a national level. If so,
Some of these coaches are good, but couldn’t hold some of the national ones clip board
(11-27-2020, 07:53 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I thought he meant on a national level. If so,
Some of these coaches are good, but couldn’t hold some of the national ones clip board
I would say there is Joe Morris, Bob Beaty, and Phillip Haywood that could hold their clip board. Maybe one other.
Also Mike Yeagle
(11-27-2020, 01:05 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: Mueller
Chuck Smith
Kevin Wallace
need to be in this thread
then u need to take that up with the person who wrote the article,lol, there was 30 on his all time list and they wasnt on it.
(11-27-2020, 07:53 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I thought he meant on a national level. If so,
it was on national level
Jack Hall
Eagle2009 Wrote:
Hound05 Wrote:I thought he meant on a national level. If so,
I would say there is Joe Morris, Bob Beaty, and Phillip Haywood that could hold their clip board. Maybe one other.
Yes, some on the list may hold their clipboard
(11-27-2020, 11:58 PM)cuppett777 Wrote: then u need to take that up with the person who wrote the article,lol, there was 30 on his all time list and they wasnt on it.
I don't have pinterest, I can't open the article. I don't care.