Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Pikeville 11/27
Who you got? Does Hazard have a chance? Does Pikeville put another running clock on Hazard?
Pikeville. No. And yes for the third question.

Hazard has to go back to the drawing board this offseason and forget about this season because this wasn't your typical Hazard football team.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Bottom line Pikeville Wins
I haven't followed high school football much at all this season so I really don't know what to expect from the Bulldogs. Having said that with my limited knowledge about the 2020 season I will take the Panthers.

Hazard 14
Pikeville 34
Pikeville gonna win this one easy!!
If only this game was at hazard, I would pick a closer game...........but

Pikeville 42
Hazard 14
This game is hard to pick without knowing about the injuries for Pikeville. Think Zac plays but don’t know about Nate. Taylor played alittle more in last game but still don’t think he is 100 percent. Pikeville this year needs some of the younger players to step up on offense more besides Blake, even though he is a tremendous player and has great vision and runs hard. They come out with the same intensity they had last game they will be hard to deal with. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-22-2020, 11:07 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: This game is hard to pick without knowing about the injuries for Pikeville. Think Zac plays but don’t know about Nate. Taylor played alittle more in last game but still don’t think he is 100 percent. Pikeville this year needs some of the younger players to step up on offense more besides Blake, even though he is a tremendous player and has great vision and runs hard. They come out with the same intensity they had last game they will be hard to deal with. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
What’s wrong with Zac? I thought it was just a cramp he was having in the end zone after that pick 6? Or was there another play that I missed that he hurt something?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think Hazard will be better this time around. Pikeville better be ready or Hazard might just be able to hang around...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(11-24-2020, 09:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I think Hazard will be better this time around. Pikeville better be ready or Hazard might just be able to hang around...
If hazard's starting qb is back, that will make somewhat of a difference with their team.
^^He is back, and G Johnson is quickly becoming a VERY good player. Hazard will try to shorten the game with short runs/ball contol offense IMO.
I think Jet is right. This game WILL be closer and if Pikeville isn’t careful they could find themselves in a dogfight .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(11-24-2020, 10:17 PM)Hambley Wrote: I think Jet is right. This game WILL be closer and if Pikeville isn’t careful they could find themselves in a dogfight .

I fully expect Hazard to put up a worthy challenge in this game but Pikeville is just better this year. 

35-20.
(11-24-2020, 10:17 PM)Hambley Wrote: I think Jet is right. This game WILL be closer and if Pikeville isn’t careful they could find themselves in a dogfight .
When they played a few weeks ago, Hazard came out playing like a house afire, but Pikeville settled them down and took control of the game. May be somewhat different of a challenge for the Panthers this time around. Imo, Pikeville wins this one too, but probably against a slightly stronger Hazard team.

Pikeville-42
Hazard- 15
Fun facts: last 7 seasons (2014-2020) Pikeville is 15-2 at home in the playoffs. The 2 losses were to Paintsville in 2014 and Hazard in 2016. Pikeville had beaten both teams in the regular season. So watch out vs. Hazard. Since 2016 loss to Hazard, Pikeville is 9-0 at home in the playoffs. Average score is 48-13, All running clocks except 19-point win over Raceland in 2018.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Poseidon
Pikeville running clock.
I agree Hazard will need to limit the Pikeville possessions. They will need to get some pressure on the quarterback too and make him uncomfortable (which they haven’t done). Hazard will need to stay out of 3rd and long situations.
(11-25-2020, 12:51 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Fun facts: last 7 seasons (2014-2020) Pikeville is 15-2 at home in the playoffs. The 2 losses were to Paintsville in 2014 and Hazard in 2016. Pikeville had beaten both teams in the regular season. So watch out vs. Hazard. Since 2016 loss to Hazard, Pikeville is 9-0 at home in the playoffs. Average score is 48-13, All running clocks except 19-point win over Raceland in 2018.

Nice stat work sir...
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot
For Hazard to have a chance they have to win the turnover margin by 3+. That and consistently win 1st down. That is basically the same for every 1A against this Pikeville team.

I totally understand the logic behind chewing the clock but it will take 30 points at a minimum to beat Pikeville. They are going to score, just too talented and well coached to hold them under 28, IMO.
I hear you but Hazard needs 2 10+ minute TD drives plus get turnovers. On the flip side if Pikeville comes out and jumps on Hazard early it could be over early.
(11-25-2020, 10:39 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I hear you but Hazard needs 2 10+ minute TD drives plus get turnovers. On the flip side if Pikeville comes out and jumps on Hazard early it could be over early.
Agree. Early lead= early beer time. For you, not the players haha
^^Haha yes. I am hoping to be popping a cold one and joining the Paintsville/Raceland broadcast at halftime lol.
(11-25-2020, 11:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^Haha yes. I am hoping to be popping a cold one and joining the Paintsville/Raceland broadcast at halftime lol.
Jet,

I talked to the MyTown TV people, and they're carrying our game with Paintsville on Facebook when you're ready to join lol.

https://www.facebook.com/MyTownTV
[-] The following 2 users Like Slic Ric's post:
  • jetpilot, Spud6
Well the days are gone and it’s only hours to the game so Panthers get a good nights rest and get ready to put it all on the line. Hazard is not coming to Hambley to lose. So prepare for a battle and listen to the coaches and do your jobs , all gas no brakes and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Game day Panthers time to get focused, it’s win or hang them up for a year. This team can be as good as they want to be but it’s time for every individual do execute the plan the coaching staff has put in place. All gas no brakes and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever