Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Craziest thing you’ve seen in HS football
What is the craziest thing that you have seen on the HS level? Be it a play? A refs Call? A crazed fan? 

A random YouTube video popped up when I was looking for something else, and I thought, this is Kentucky! I know we can top some of that.
Delete this. Meant to post in the HS forum
(11-25-2020, 08:34 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Delete this. Meant to post in the HS forum

I moved it for you Hound!

Good topic and one I've never seen before.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The ending of West Carter @ Russell this year was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed!
I’m not just saying this because of the teams involved but....

2014 Pikeville beats Paintsville in the regular season by 50 points. Total embarrassment.

Paintsville goes to Pikeville in the playoffs and wins by 30 points. I doubt I will ever see that type of differential in the same season ever again in my lifetime. Simply amazing.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • 64SUR, BoondockSaint
(11-26-2020, 12:22 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote: The ending of West Carter @ Russell this year was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed!

Care to elaborate on this one? What happened?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Hound05
“The catch” 2015 JC @Scott High School. It was an insane last 2 minutes of a game .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
In 2015 Raceland was at Lawrence County and was down by 2 points in the last minute of the game. Lawrence County had the ball and was running the clock out when their running back fumbled and Raceland recovered it and ran it back for a 35 yard TD to win for the win.
[-] The following 3 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Rip/Spin
2019 Adair County at Casey County. Casey's QB breaks a long run and gets caught from behind and the Adair player strips the ball and it bounces through Casey's endzone. The ref's initially called it a safety. Coaches and ref's meet out on the field and argue over the call. The head referee leaves the field and goes to the locker room and retrieves his rule book and comes back out on the field. Play was halted for 45 minutes (not exaggerating) before the correct ruling was made, which was a touchback. It was unbelievable to stand there and watch and wait for so long. I've been around football for nearly 40 years and have never seen anything like that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hound05
2014 Louisville Central vs Corbin @ Corbin
I still can’t talk about it!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old guy
(11-26-2020, 01:02 AM)64SUR Wrote: 2014 Louisville Central vs Corbin @ Corbin
I still can’t talk about it!!!!

That was a crazy last second play!  My friends were standing down on the edge of the field and have video of that play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-26-2020, 12:56 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote: 2019 Adair County at Casey County.  Casey's QB breaks a long run and gets caught from behind and the Adair player strips the ball and it bounces through Casey's endzone.  The ref's initially called it a safety.  Coaches and ref's meet out on the field and argue over the call.  The head referee leaves the field and goes to the locker room and retrieves his rule book and comes back out on the field.  Play was halted for 45 minutes (not exaggerating) before the correct ruling was made, which was a touchback.  It was unbelievable to stand there and watch and wait for so long.  I've been around football for nearly 40 years and have never seen anything like that.

That's definitely the craziest thing I've ever heard.  A 45 minute wait to get the call right after a head ref has to go to the locker room to get his rulebook. At least they got it right I guess.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Rip/Spin
2019 Somerset & Mayfield state championship game. The pass interference call and then TD to end the game
[-] The following 2 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Last year in the state championship game between Pikeville and Paintsville Cod Raines had an all-time run were he jumped over a defender while also doing a spin move mid air.

#BBFL
[-] The following 3 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!, PHSForever, Rip/Spin
(11-26-2020, 01:05 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:56 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote: 2019 Adair County at Casey County.  Casey's QB breaks a long run and gets caught from behind and the Adair player strips the ball and it bounces through Casey's endzone.  The ref's initially called it a safety.  Coaches and ref's meet out on the field and argue over the call.  The head referee leaves the field and goes to the locker room and retrieves his rule book and comes back out on the field.  Play was halted for 45 minutes (not exaggerating) before the correct ruling was made, which was a touchback.  It was unbelievable to stand there and watch and wait for so long.  I've been around football for nearly 40 years and have never seen anything like that.

That's definitely the craziest thing I've ever heard.  A 45 minute wait to get the call right after a head ref has to go to the locker room to get his rulebook. At least they got it right I guess.
I went back and found the video of the play and call.  The camera man stopped and started the recording several times during the wait.  He captured the ref running off the field and coming back on with his book.  It was a good thing they got it right, but the momentum changed after that.
(11-26-2020, 12:32 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:22 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote: The ending of West Carter @ Russell this year was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed!

Care to elaborate on this one? What happened?
West Carter was down 14-13. Got the ball with 3 minutes left in the game on their own 2 yard line. No timeouts. Throw a pick 6. Go down 21-13 with around 2:15 left in the game. Russell onside kicks and West Carter recovers. 8 plays later, West Carter scores on a passing TD from Perry to Bond. Russell calls a timeout with a 21-19 lead. Comets go for two and the pass gets batted down by a Russell defensive lineman. West Carter recovers the onside kick with around 15 seconds left. Throw a flat pass and pick up a first down. Ball on the Red Devil 32 yard line. As time expires, Perry throws a Hail Mary into the end zone which Bond tips in the air and gets caught by Gage Leadingham. Comets win 25-21. First win over Russell for West Carter ever. 0-27 before this game.
[-] The following 4 users Like WestCarterComet's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rip/Spin, RoShamBo, Spud6
(11-26-2020, 01:17 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:05 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

I went back and found the video of the play and call.  The camera man stopped and started the recording several times during the wait.  He captured the ref running off the field and coming back on with his book.  It was a good thing they got it right, but the momentum changed after that.
To me this is the best one so far haha. People always make outstanding plays, but
a ref pausing the game to go get a rule book you don’t see everyday.
This is mostly because of the non-football stuff.

But Perry and Knox played when I was in high school and Brandon Willis injured a kid on a block. Blew the guy up and it was one of those situations where the crowd went wild and then got quiet because the guy wasn’t getting up.

Perry had a rock band for a pep band and they played Sweet Home Alabama. Crowd was singing. Knox fan threw an Ale 8 bottle and hit a Perry player in the head. Melee ensued. All this while a kid was laying on the ground hurt. It was a sight to behold.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Last year LCA visits Paintsville. LCA linebacker is returning a pick 6 and gets his play wristband ripped off. It is kicked to the sideline and when the player goes to get it back and a Paintsville coach gets in his way and throws the band into the stands. A LCA coach had to run across the field and up into the stand to get it back. By far the craziest thing I have seen. Seemed like a circus was going on. Several weeks later I believe there was another Incident at Paintsville against KCD although I wasn’t in attendance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagle2009's post:
  • Hound05
(11-26-2020, 08:34 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: Last year LCA visits Paintsville. LCA linebacker is returning a pick 6 and gets his play wristband ripped off. It is kicked to the sideline and when the player goes to get it back and a Paintsville coach gets in his way and throws the band into the stands. A LCA coach had to run across the field and up into the stand to get it back. By far the craziest thing I have seen. Seemed like a circus was going on. Several weeks later I believe there was another Incident at Paintsville against KCD although I wasn’t in attendance.

That was the talk of BGR for about three weeks. Real detectives came out for this one to decipher who it was.
#BBFL
(11-26-2020, 08:34 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: Last year LCA visits Paintsville. LCA linebacker is returning a pick 6 and gets his play wristband ripped off. It is kicked to the sideline and when the player goes to get it back and a Paintsville coach gets in his way and throws the band into the stands. A LCA coach had to run across the field and up into the stand to get it back. By far the craziest thing I have seen. Seemed like a circus was going on. Several weeks later I believe there was another Incident at Paintsville against KCD although I wasn’t in attendance.
The next incident was against Williamsburg, unless there was something else in the KCD game that I didn't hear about. In the Williamsburg game a former Paintsville player on the sidelines laid out Williamsburg's QB after he had run out of bounds.
(11-26-2020, 09:07 PM)I’m Spud6 Wrote:

That was the talk of BGR for about three weeks. Real detectives came out for this one to decipher who it was.
Oh I remember, the whole 10 page thread got shut down. Things got heated.

(11-26-2020, 11:54 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
The next incident was against Williamsburg, unless there was something else in the KCD game that I didn't hear about. In the Williamsburg game a former Paintsville player on the sidelines laid out Williamsburg's QB after he had run out of bounds.
That’s correct it was Williamsburg not KCD
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagle2009's post:
  • Spud6