Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Republic Ma'am, if You Can Keep It.
After the close of the American Revolution a woman standing outside Independence Hall asked whether we now had a republic or a monarchy? Thus was the response of Benjamin Franklin upon his departure from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. -- "A republic ma'am, if you can keep it."

Despite vicious and relentless insistence to the contrary, the soldiers of the American Revolution turned founders, were deeply religious men. I believe a strongly held faith would have been the absolute requisite for generating the level of courage necessary to withstand such tremendous odds. After all, England was at the time the world's premiere super power.

I believe since it's inception, America has always been the most grievous source of aggravation for the forces of evil. As is clearly referenced in our founding documents, we have stood for honorable dealings with all men owing to an overarching reverence for the Creator. And this situation has been a two edged sword for our people and our land from the day Franklin emerged to make the famous response referenced above.

The short of it is as follows. While liberals dream of a world wide utopia of their own hand, the age old forces which have always prevented the nations from peaceful coexistence are not only still active, they are in this day even more so. But in defining the two edged sword as mentioned above; our country has known great blessing, but we have also known great threat. And there is a very good reason for that. This life is not merely spent, nor is it measured meaningfully, merely in how well we ply our trade or how well we make and manage our financial state of affairs and raise our families. We are here not by chance, we are here because the Lord of Creation put us here.

Without belaboring the point, we Americans will persevere as a nation as long as we continue with honor God in our dealings with ourselves and the other nations of the world. Across the entirely of the American existence, she has come under nearly continuous threat from without. Not only by other world powers, but  "we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  -- Eph 6:12
To say nothing of the threat from within.

There has always been a two pronged attack on our existence here, spiritual and secular. And I believe that that two pronged attack was very well understood by our founders. As I said, many of whom being men of great faith. Just as I believe that the great sacrifice of those men, even though they prevailed, brought about a heaviness of heart. How many, or for how long would the men who would benefit from and follow in their footsteps, be willing to similarly sacrifice? If you can keep it. Profound.

If... Donald J Trump is to remain President of this land, no power on earth could ever overturn that. And that includes Dominion Voting equipment and SmartMatic software. Either way regardless, the Lord is still every bit as sovereign. And prophecy though completely accurate, is really nothing more than His having recorded history before it even happens. Globalism is coming, so is antichrist, and so is the one world government. Because living outside of time, God has seen the entirety of man's existence unfold. And that of it which we could tolerate, He has shared with us. It is enough however, to know that His grip on creation will not and cannot slip in the slightest scintilla. That means as He has forewarned, the world order must change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-27-2020, 01:07 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: After the close of the American Revolution a woman standing outside Independence Hall asked whether we now had a republic or a monarchy? Thus was the response of Benjamin Franklin upon his departure from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. -- "A republic ma'am, if you can keep it."

Despite vicious and relentless insistence to the contrary, the soldiers of the American Revolution turned founders, were deeply religious men. I believe a strongly held faith would have been the absolute requisite for generating the level of courage necessary to withstand such tremendous odds. After all, England was at the time the world's premiere super power.

I believe since it's inception, America has always been the most grievous source of aggravation for the forces of evil. As is clearly referenced in our founding documents, we have stood for honorable dealings with all men owing to an overarching reverence for the Creator. And this situation has been a two edged sword for our people and our land from the day Franklin emerged to make the famous response referenced above.

The short of it is as follows. While liberals dream of a world wide utopia of their own hand, the age old forces which have always prevented the nations from peaceful coexistence are not only still active, they are in this day even more so. But in defining the two edged sword as mentioned above; our country has known great blessing, but we have also known great threat. And there is a very good reason for that. This life is not merely spent, nor is it measured meaningfully, merely in how well we ply our trade or how well we make and manage our financial state of affairs and raise our families. We are here not by chance, we are here because the Lord of Creation put us here.

Without belaboring the point, we Americans will persevere as a nation as long as we continue with honor God in our dealings with ourselves and the other nations of the world. Across the entirely of the American existence, she has come under nearly continuous threat from without. Not only by other world powers, but  "we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  -- Eph 6:12
To say nothing of the threat from within.

There has always been a two pronged attack on our existence here, spiritual and secular. And I believe that that two pronged attack was very well understood by our founders. As I said, many of whom being men of great faith. Just as I believe that the great sacrifice of those men, even though they prevailed, brought about a heaviness of heart. How many, or for how long would the men who would benefit from and follow in their footsteps, be willing to similarly sacrifice? If you can keep it. Profound.

If... Donald J Trump is to remain President of this land, no power on earth could ever overturn that. And that includes Dominion Voting equipment and SmartMatic software. Either way regardless, the Lord is still every bit as sovereign. And prophecy though completely accurate, is really nothing more than His having recorded history before it even happens. Globalism is coming, so is antichrist, and so is the one world government. Because living outside of time, God has seen the entirety of man's existence unfold. And that of it which we could tolerate, He has shared with us. It is enough however, to know that His grip on creation will not and cannot slip in the slightest scintilla. That means as He has forewarned, the world order must change.

Exodus 21:16 says: “He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death.” 
i have my doubts on your founding fathers religion beliefs  when a lot of them kidnap and sold other humans
The argument you attempt to make is not your own. It comes from the left and is grounded not in concern for the black folks who have long since departed this earth, rather it is grounded in their desire to see the land destroyed as I outlined in the thread starter. Which BTW had nothing to do with slavery, but since playing the race card is about all the cannon fodder your side ever has, I understand why you led with that. I will play along briefly.

The United States fought a civil war over slavery. Abraham Lincoln (Republican for the record) led the fight to free the slaves and abolish the practice of slavery at great cost. And who was it that contested the freeing of the slaves vector? Democrats. Who afterwards having been defeated, revised the historical record and blamed Republicans. Can't you see the pattern here? Slaves, Katrina, WMD's, CV-19?

The Lord Himself allowed King Nebuchadnezzar to remove the Jewish people to Babylon, enslaving them and forcing them to serve himself. In a world where the slave trade had been flourishing since the days of Nebuchadnezzar and as such was a seemingly unstoppable force; it was America which stopped and faced herself to question the practice of slavery. It was America who led the world in the abolishment of slavery. And to that end it is America to whom the world owes a debt of gratitude for her lead and sacrifice to that end.

I have no doubt that in your case, doubt is the overwhelming factor in your thought processes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-27-2020, 01:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: The argument you attempt to make is not your own. It comes from the left and is grounded not in concern for the black folks who have long since departed this earth, rather it is grounded in their desire to see the land destroyed as I outlined in the thread starter. Which BTW had nothing to do with slavery, but since playing the race card is about all the cannon fodder your side ever has, I understand why you led with that. I will play along briefly.

The United States fought a civil war over slavery. Abraham Lincoln (Republican for the record) led the fight to free the slaves and abolish the practice of slavery at great cost. And who was it that contested the freeing of the slaves vector? Democrats. Who afterwards having been defeated, revised the historical record and blamed Republicans. Can't you see the pattern here? Slaves, Katrina, WMD's, CV-19?

The Lord Himself allowed King Nebuchadnezzar to remove the Jewish people to Babylon, enslaving them and forcing them to serve himself. In a world where the slave  ca which stopped and faced herself to question the practice of slavery. It was America who led the world in the abolishment of slavery. And to that end it is America to whom the world owes a debt of gratitude for her lead and sacrifice to that end.

I have no doubt that in your case, doubt is the overwhelming factor in your thought processes.
well the republicans today especially in the south where democrats before LBJ passed the civil rights act and desegregation are not the same republicans during the civil war 
if you think they are then why did the democrats controlled the south before LBJ ?
and after LBJ they switched to republicans
and as far as slavery the verse i quoted is pretty simple to understand no doubt the founding fathers was religious but is was more of freedom of religion any religion they wanted to practice or they just cheery pick what ever they believed in
but don't try to tell me the republicans in the south are the same as during the civil war
and i do see your pattern of thinking when a republican in charge you see nothing but good
when a democrat in charge you see nothing but bad it's not that hard to see just look at your old posts
(11-27-2020, 02:35 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 01:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: The argument you attempt to make is not your own. It comes from the left and is grounded not in concern for the black folks who have long since departed this earth, rather it is grounded in their desire to see the land destroyed as I outlined in the thread starter. Which BTW had nothing to do with slavery, but since playing the race card is about all the cannon fodder your side ever has, I understand why you led with that. I will play along briefly.

The Lord Himself allowed King Nebuchadnezzar to remove the Jewish people to Babylon, enslaving them and forcing them to serve himself. In a world where the slave  ca which stopped and faced herself to question the practice of slavery. It was America who led the world in the abolishment of slavery. And to that end it is America to whom the world owes a debt of gratitude for her lead and sacrifice to that end.

well the republicans today especially in the south where democrats before LBJ passed the civil rights act and desegregation are not the same republicans during the civil war 
if you think they are then why did the democrats controlled the south before LBJ ?
and as far as slavery the verse i quoted is pretty simple to understand no doubt the founding fathers was religious but is was more of freedom of religion any religion they wanted to practice or they just cheery pick what ever they believed in
but don't try to tell me the republicans in the south are the same as during the civil war
and i do see your pattern of thinking when a republican in charge you see nothing but good
when a democrat in charge you see nothing but bad it's not that hard to see just look at your old posts
Liar. The Democrat Party is the same party that it was when it was formed. Democrats have always been the party that resorted to violence to win political battles, They have gone from intimidating and suppressing black votes through the Ku Klux Klan to intimidating and suppressing Republican votes through Black Lives Matter and Antifa. They rigged the 1960 election and they rigged the 2020 election. Election fraud has been a Democrat tradition for generations.

The mainstream media and Big Tech has imposed a news blackout to maximize Democrat rage in the event that the Supreme Court tosses out hundreds of thousands of illegally counted votes. They are obviously attempting to influence the Supreme Court through the threat of violence.
(11-27-2020, 03:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Liar. The Democrat Party is the same party that it was when it was formed. Democrats have always been the party that resorted to violence to win political battles, They have gone from intimidating and suppressing black votes through the Ku Klux Klan to intimidating and suppressing Republican votes through Black Lives Matter and Antifa. They rigged the 1960 election and they rigged the 2020 election. Election fraud has been a Democrat tradition for generations.

The mainstream media and Big Tech has imposed a news blackout to maximize Democrat rage in the event that the Supreme Court tosses out hundreds of thousands of illegally counted votes. They are obviously attempting to influence the Supreme Court through the threat of violence.
there you go again calling people names the south was controlled by democrats until LBJ it's not that complicated now it's controlled by the republicans but 10 to 15 years down the road maybe the south will swing back to the democrats the only chance the republicans will have to every win another president election keep people from voting or expand the party God knows they have tried there best to keep people from voting
(11-27-2020, 03:19 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

there you go again calling people names the south was controlled by democrats until LBJ it's not that complicated now it's controlled by the republicans but 10 to 15 years down the road maybe the south will swing back to the democrats the only chance the republicans will have to every win another president election keep people from voting or expand the party God knows they have tried there best to keep people from voting
The Democrat Party was and will always be the party of the KKK. Twenty years from now, Democrats will be claiming that Black Lives Matter and Antifa were violent Republican movements but Democrats own those groups of thugs now and forever.
(11-27-2020, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 03:19 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

The Democrat Party was and will always be the party of the KKK. Twenty years from now, Democrats will be claiming that Black Lives Matter and Antifa were violent Republican movements but Democrats own those groups of thugs now and forever.
well David Duke loves your Dear Leader
Oh Hoot... you crack me up... you need to tell that story to places like Cumberland Co. I enjoy this so much... Will you please quote what LBJ and the south. I know you can... I needed this today! If you do not quote what LBJ says about the South. I believe it goes something like the democrats will not win the south again for 100 years or something close to that... why... what happened to make the democrats leader say this... come on hoot play fair...

Also, the republican party of 1860 was about holding together the union and the southern traitors were about state's rights... which party today claims more about state's rights... you got a 50/50 on this.

Oh and I can call them traitors for winners decide... which brings me to another point here in southern Kentucky we have so many people fly the confederate flag... a symbol of treason and a loser's flag... the General Lee... what party do these folks vote for!
(11-27-2020, 04:54 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Oh Hoot... you crack me up... you need to tell that story to places like Cumberland Co. I enjoy this so much... Will you please quote what LBJ and the south. I know you can... I needed this today! If you do not quote what LBJ says about the South. I believe it goes something like the democrats will not win the south again for 100 years or something close to that...  why... what happened to make the democrats leader say this... come on hoot play fair...

Also, the republican party of 1860 was about holding together the union and the southern traitors were about state's rights... which party today claims more about state's rights... you got a 50/50 on this.

Oh and I can call them traitors for winners decide... which brings me to another point here in southern Kentucky we have so many people fly the confederate flag... a symbol of treason and a loser's flag... the General Lee... what party do these folks vote for!
i hate to stoop down to Hooter's level but that's all he can comprehend
can't fix Stupid
(11-27-2020, 04:54 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Oh Hoot... you crack me up... you need to tell that story to places like Cumberland Co. I enjoy this so much... Will you please quote what LBJ and the south. I know you can... I needed this today! If you do not quote what LBJ says about the South. I believe it goes something like the democrats will not win the south again for 100 years or something close to that...  why... what happened to make the democrats leader say this... come on hoot play fair...

The Democrat Party gave birth to the KKK, BLM, and Antifa. I know that is a painful truth for Democrats but it's still the truth.
And the GOP is now taking KKK by storm! I know that is painful to you but not to GOP... it is all about power to them!
The responses in this thread are an excellent example of the kind of revisionist blather of which the left have been guilty for time immemorial.

The Republican Party started out as the Anti-Nebraska movement in 1854.  Abraham Lincoln a life-long and staunch Whig, became attracted to the Republican party and joined in 1856. He was elected President on Nov 6, 1860. The Civil War started on April 12, 1861. Lincoln became a Republican because he disagreed bitterly with the Whig backed proposed expansion of Kansas or Nebraska coming into the union as a potential slave state. And in 1857 the Supreme Court's Dred Scott decision sealed the deal on that front for MR Lincoln.

The Republican Party formed because people of conscience abhorred slavery. But when Abraham Lincoln joined, the Party began to more overtly take on the convictions of Lincoln, who as mentioned, went on to become President in 1860. The Republicans ARE the Party of Lincoln who like Ronald Reagan, had a profound change of heart regarding his party affiliation. Further, the opponents of the Republican's efforts to recognize blacks under the auspices of the constitutional clause "all men are created equal," were the Democrats. End of story.

And mrtvtimeout, scholastically, you are one 'fundamentally' flawed individual.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-27-2020, 06:32 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: The responses in this thread are an excellent example of the kind of revisionist blather of which the left have been guilty for time immemorial.

The Republican Party started out as the Anti-Nebraska movement in 1854.  Abraham Lincoln a life-long and staunch Whig, became attracted to the Republican party and joined in 1856. He was elected President on Nov 6, 1860. The Civil War started on April 12, 1861. Lincoln became a Republican because he disagreed bitterly with the Whig backed proposed expansion of Kansas or Nebraska coming into the union as a potential slave state. And in 1857 the Supreme Court's Dred Scott decision sealed the deal on that front for MR Lincoln.

The Republican Party formed because people of conscience abhorred slavery. But when Abraham Lincoln joined, the Party began to more overtly take on the convictions of Lincoln, who as mentioned, went on to become President in 1860. The Republicans ARE the Party of Lincoln who like Ronald Reagan, had a profound change of heart regarding his party affiliation. Further, the opponents of the Republican's efforts to recognize blacks under the auspices of the constitutional clause "all men are created equal," were the Democrats.  End of story.

And mrtvtimeout, scholastically, you are one 'fundamentally' flawed individual.
i don't think anyone is debating when the republican party started it's what happened after LBJ the democrats switched to the republican party as we know of today
Actually that argument, that Democrats defected from the Democrat Party of the 1860's and were the ones who opposed slavery, has been made in order to try and explain away what actually happened in the decades leading up to the1860's. And to make some kind of a plausible transition from the days of their fiercely combative support of the practice of slavery, to today's situation where Dems are all about helping the black man. Funny thing about that is how much more Trump has done in just 4 years for those folk than the Dems have done in history. But they needed a new cover story in order for black people to believe today's Dems have always had their back. That is simply not true. Republicans fought a very bloody war to accomplish that, the very same Party of today. But hey, when caught red handed as they always seem to fall victim to, what other option do they have? People with their hands in the cookie jar up to their elbows is why the Civil War was fought in the first place. MONEY. LBJ is the daddy of the 'Great Society Initiative' but that nor anything else he did had a thing to do with any of this.

I would take my cues from somebody other than tvtime if I were you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-27-2020, 07:14 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Actually that argument, that Democrats defected from the Democrat Party of the 1860's and were the ones who opposed slavery,  has been made in order to try and explain away what actually happened in the decades leading up to the1860's. And to make some kind of a plausible transition from the days of their fiercely combative support of the practice of slavery, to today's situation where Dems are all about helping the black man. Funny thing about that is how much more Trump has done in just 4 years for those folk than the Dems have done in history. But they needed a new cover story in order for black people to believe today's Dems have always had their back. That is simply not true. Republicans fought a very bloody war to accomplish that, the very same Party of today. But hey, when caught red handed as they always seem to fall victim to, what other option do they have? People with their hands in the cookie jar up to their elbows is why the Civil War was fought in the first place. MONEY.  LBJ is the daddy of the 'Great Society Initiative' but that nor anything else he did had a thing to do with any of this.

I would take my cues from somebody other than tvtime if I were you.
Again let's try this one more time
Why did the democrats switched to the republican party and has controlled the south ever since after LBJ passed civil rights act and desegregation could it be they wanted to keep there way of life ?
Incredible. By 1950, after years of resistance to Republican civil rights legislative efforts, the Democrat's hold on the south began to show severe signs of stress. In other words the word was out on their hypocrisy. In-fighting and generally getting 'outed' for their long standing opposition to the advancement of civil rights caused 2, maybe 3 Democrats to for relief's sake, defect over to the Republican side. The Republican Party was unfazed by those who changed ranks. Strom Thurman was one of them. Maybe you could educate us all and list all of those who supposedly switched? I'm sure it would be fascinating.

As Hoot said, Dems are the party of KKK. Ask Exalted Cyclops Robert C Byrd, who as far as I can tell died while he was yet an active member of the US Senate. A Democrat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
For the record. None of the ridiculous slobbering you have posted has the first thing to do with this thread. I suggest for those who like me, find themselves overtaken by the urge to find the first door leading out of the nuthouse and make a run for it, that they reread the thread starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]