Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hazard 21 Pikeville 12
(11-28-2020, 11:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I know 5 titles is more than no titles. I'm out. Paintsville turds have stunk up the thread, which was 100% predictable and is 100% typical.
JP, I also know that 21 is more than 12 and that my tigers are still on the road to Kroger! Sit down shut up.
(11-28-2020, 08:55 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 08:12 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: Bluebird and 2000. Its called a joke. I made one of those.....Google it! ?
So you would actually pull for Paintsville if they are facing a western team?
I don’t go against the mountains. EVER. Word of advice though. You better be focused on those hungry Bulldogs coming into Paintsville next week and not be booking your trip to Lexington just yet. You might suffer the same fate as we did.
(11-28-2020, 03:40 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 08:12 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: Bluebird and 2000. Its called a joke. I made one of those.....Google it! ?
I don’t go against the mountains. EVER. Word of advice though. You better be focused on those hungry Bulldogs coming into Paintsville next week and not be booking your trip to Lexington just yet. You might suffer the same fate as we did.

Seriously though, pretty dang impressive  what Hazard has done in such a short time! First of the year, seemed extremely out of sorts and now have their boys locked in! Congrats to Hazard’s Staff!
Hazard is terrible and we will show out on Friday. Go Tigers!
Congratulations to Hazard. All I can say is that Jetpilot really did tell someone to stay classy. That could be the funniest thing I’ve ever heard coming from the biggest pri** on this site. I’m all for poking and making fun a little but most Pukeville fans on here take it to the extreme. Pukeville fan base calls it joking, I call it like I see it, Jerks being jerks, plain and simple. Enjoy some basketball.
As always, Go Tigers!! #justus.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josiewales's post:
  • BigBlue2010, Blue_Bird96, WhomTheBellTolls
(11-28-2020, 03:55 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

Seriously though, pretty dang impressive  what Hazard has done in such a short time! First of the year, seemed extremely out of sorts and now have their boys locked in! Congrats to Hazard’s Staff!
They did an excellent job! We had better players all over the field last night, but Hazard was the better TEAM last night. I’ll just say it like it is. If Pikeville fans want to point fingers at anyone. We ALL need to point at ourselves as a community. Myself included. We ALL we’re booking our trip to Lexington and not even entertaining the thought that we wouldn’t get there. If folks think teenage kids won’t pickup on that, they’re foolish. Coach Mac is a GREAT Coach. But it can’t all be on him to keep this team focused. Prosperity is a poor teacher. Adversity is the best teacher. No better example of how true those statements are than the 2 teams that took the field last night in Pikeville....
^ probably most accurate post I’ve seen on this site. At this point, you absolutely have to take one game at a time. If not, it could very well be your last.
Hazard is so young this year. Expect them to be a power to beat next year. They will be very good.
Knew Hazard was headed in the right direction when they beat Whitley. Did not see them beating Pikeville.
(11-28-2020, 05:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

They did an excellent job! We had better players all over the field last night, but Hazard was the better TEAM last night. I’ll just say it like it is. If Pikeville fans want to point fingers at anyone. We ALL need to point at ourselves as a community. Myself included. We ALL we’re booking our trip to Lexington and not even entertaining the thought that we wouldn’t get there. If folks think teenage kids won’t pickup on that, they’re foolish. Coach Mac is a GREAT Coach. But it can’t all be on him to keep this team focused. Prosperity is a poor teacher. Adversity is the best teacher. No better example of how true those statements are than the 2 teams that took the field last night in Pikeville....
Very well said my friend, and 100% accurate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(11-28-2020, 05:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

This right here is why Pikeville is always where they are, classy post right here not many fans or parents can post something like this.
This was such a satisfying win for my bulldogs. I still can’t get over losing to them in ‘92 when we’re undefeated and jp Blair came to hazard and sent us home

Pay back is a bitch.
(11-28-2020, 07:19 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: Hazard is so young this year. Expect them to be a power to beat next year. They will be very good.
All Eyes will be on Daniel Field Next year when these 2 meet again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Class is really down right now with some of the traditional powers moving up. This year might produce the weakest state champion ever.
(11-28-2020, 11:38 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: Class is really down right now with some of the traditional powers moving up. This year might produce the weakest state champion ever.

We’ve all said since Mayfield and Beechwood have gone to 2A it’s really opened it up for teams that never normally would make it state title games.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 11:38 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: Class is really down right now with some of the traditional powers moving up. This year might produce the weakest state champion ever.
So if Pikeville wasn’t having a down year would 1A be considered strong? It’s been crazy for sure with COVID BUT I’m not seeing 1A down all that much from last year or the year before. I just watched the same level of competition in the Paintsville/Raceland game as I’ve seen for the past few years. If anything I probably would have said that it was down last year as a whole with the exception of Pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • MountainMamba
(11-29-2020, 07:09 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
So if Pikeville wasn’t having a down year would 1A be considered strong? It’s been crazy for sure with COVID BUT I’m not seeing 1A down all that much from last year or the year before. I just watched the same level of competition in the Paintsville/Raceland game as I’ve seen for the past few years. If anything I probably would have said that it was down last year as a whole with the exception of Pikeville.
It’s been down for a while. I hate that they went to 6 classes. I played in single A and there was Beechwood, Murray, Mayfield, Newport Central,Bardstown,Danville, Pikeville and Hazard. I’m sure I’m leaving some out. There isn’t any great teams in class A right now and yes Pikeville was then only one I thought was capable of being really good this year.
(11-28-2020, 05:37 PM)Josiewales Wrote: Congratulations to Hazard. All I can say is that Jetpilot really did tell someone to stay classy. That could be the funniest thing I’ve ever heard coming from the biggest pri** on this site. I’m all for poking and making fun a little but most Pukeville fans on here take it to the extreme. Pukeville fan base calls it joking, I call it like I see it, Jerks being jerks, plain and simple. Enjoy some basketball.
As always, Go Tigers!!  #justus.
Anyone who puts pukeville in a post is either 12 years old and/or a turd. There is a difference in good natured trash talk and being a hate-filled d-bag extraordinaire, and it's always the losers who don't know the difference.
JP, there is absolutely nothing you could possibly say to make me think differently of YOU. I have a lot of friends in pikeville and respect several down that way. You on the other hand, different story. You can tell by your posts that you have issues with Paintsville. The fact that you call it ‘good natured trash talking’ is comical. By the way, Paintsville is still playing, you’re the Loser.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josiewales's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, MountainMamba
(11-28-2020, 01:35 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:32 AM)PHSForever Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:06 AM)BlueSky Wrote: Wow, and it was just last week when I wrote about humblings that find their way sometimes when needed
To be fair, Jet DID point out that Hazard Could do this if Panthers didn’t focus. Congrats to Hazard. Wanted it more and went and got it. 

Paintsville will choke. It’s their DNA. Will be rooting for Hazard to bring it back to the mountains
So you wouldn’t root for Paintsville if we are there against a west team?
Did I say that?  No, I said I’d be rooting for Hazard to bring it home. If Paintsville makes it to state as the mountain reps, I’d pull for them.
(11-30-2020, 02:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 05:37 PM)Josiewales Wrote: Congratulations to Hazard. All I can say is that Jetpilot really did tell someone to stay classy. That could be the funniest thing I’ve ever heard coming from the biggest pri** on this site. I’m all for poking and making fun a little but most Pukeville fans on here take it to the extreme. Pukeville fan base calls it joking, I call it like I see it, Jerks being jerks, plain and simple. Enjoy some basketball.
As always, Go Tigers!!  #justus.
Anyone who puts pukeville in a post is either 12 years old and/or a turd. There is a difference in good natured trash talk and being a hate-filled d-bag extraordinaire, and it's always the losers who don't know the difference.
Hey JP,

[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMamba's post:
  • Josiewales
(11-30-2020, 09:36 AM)Josiewales Wrote: JP, there is absolutely nothing you could possibly say to make me think differently of YOU. I have a lot of friends in pikeville and respect several down that way. You on the other hand, different story. You can tell by your posts that you have issues with Paintsville. The fact that you call it ‘good natured trash talking’ is comical. By the way, Paintsville is still playing, you’re the Loser.
Haha the fact that you think I care one bit what you think is comical. Stop stinking up the Pikeville threads.
(11-28-2020, 05:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

I respect you 1000% HP and I agree adversity is the best teacher and I agree also that Mac is a great coach, However, the adversity of Campbell Co. and LCA evidently didn't teach. You and I didn't lose the game, the town didn't lose the game, this board didn't lose the game. The game was lost on the field. It happens. Like Hambley said, this happens about once every 4 years. They will learn from it and be extremely motivated next year.
It's very clear reading this thread that Hazard's win over Pikeville was Paintsville's biggest win of the Chirico era.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
(11-30-2020, 11:52 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: It's very clear reading this thread that Hazard's win over Pikeville was Paintsville's biggest win of the Chirico era.
Nah, we just love it when a few of the Pikeville pri**s on this site have to eat their words! I’m sure if the roles were reversed  they wouldn’t let up on us. You can sure dish it but can’t take it. Sit down shut up.
(11-30-2020, 11:52 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: It's very clear reading this thread that Hazard's win over Pikeville was Paintsville's biggest win of the Chirico era.
Poor fella must have forgot what happened to em at Home in the 2014 Playoff’s! GO TIGERS! 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • MountainMamba
Jet and I and a few other Belfry posters have went at each other over the Belfry/Pikeville games......but I'm not sure that it's ever gotten to this level of mudslinging. Hazard won...Pikeville lost....and Paintsville is euphoric. I get it. However...the name calling is getting a little much. You can't even enjoy reading the thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • jetpilot
well if fans were in the stands and fights could break out this year then i would say the Hazard v Paintsville game would be the game to be at this season. You get the feeling that Pikeville people would show up and Paintsville would be quick to escalate. Oh those were the good old days. I loved playing in those atmospheres. Good times.

Seriously though, I do enjoy knowing that people are passionate for what they love. And now more than in most years we see how important a role sports plays in our daily lives.

While I have zero dog in the fight it is nice to see Hazard in this role. For any team playing in this round, saying they are terrible and a team that just beat an elite program in the class of 1A I don't see that. have a great day guys., i love your passion.
(11-30-2020, 02:53 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Jet and I and a few other Belfry posters have went at each other over the Belfry/Pikeville games......but I'm not sure that it's ever gotten to this level of mudslinging.      Hazard won...Pikeville lost....and Paintsville is euphoric.  I get it.    However...the name calling is getting a little much.  You can't even enjoy reading the thread.
It hasn’t. The Belfry-Pikeville threads have always been heated. Not sure I remember as much name calling though. Some, yes. Usually the mods would step in if it crossed the line. Here, a lot of the names have been “bleeped out” by the (mostly) Paintsville commenters. We get it, y’all. You’re thrilled Pikeville lost, it increases your chances of getting to state. Fact remains though, with the exception of 2014, Pikeville has beat Paintsville when it counted in the playoffs. Let no one forget though, since you want to have some fun, 43-0. Fourty. Three. To. Nothing. I could keep going back over the years, but I won’t keep adding to your pain. That’s my early Christmas gift to you. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Here is the facts Hazard came to Pikeville and beat the Panthers and I said before the game Hazard wasn’t coming to lose. Now there is no way a a fan of this game can get that Paintsville had anything to do with this Pikeville loss so why all the Paintsville chest thumping about Paintsville because they went to overtime to beat Raceland which they lost to the last game. But I know it’s just the posters on here with all the talk. Now who ever goes out of this area be it Paintsville or Hazard I will be pulling for them and I am a Pikeville fan. As always GO PANTHERS!!!