Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 28 Raceland 21 Overtime
Well the D coordinator has what 11 finals appearances and a couple rings. And are any High School coaches in the area great the answer is a easy nope. So who do you get any better . Not easy to get someone to come to a class A school and expect titles only because winning has been there all ready. From Bill Tom until now . The ring will come very soon maybe next year but hey if you have a great replacement by all means . They have only been looking for 80 years or so.
(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: This game shows you why you should never go shotgun snap inside the 5...
I thought it was a rule in 1 A football to take every snap in shotgun
(11-28-2020, 02:51 AM)Nygfan106wins Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: This game shows you why you should never go shotgun snap inside the 5...
I thought it was a rule in 1 A football to take every snap in shotgun

It would appear that way if you watched a lot of 1A teams around here.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 01:37 AM)E's Army Wrote: Pikeville loses. Paintsville wins. Give the crown  to Paintsville.

Crittenden County will not be an easy out.  1A is wide open now.
1A is anyones to win.
How many Paintsville/Raceland games have came down to a Goal-line stand? This one was no different. These two have probably seen more OT’s than any other 2 teams in 1A. These two teams ALWAYS bring out the fight in each other! I’d like to congratulate the Rams on a Great Season! Yes there were some odd decisions on the Rams side in this one for sure but keep in mind, at the start of season many Ram fans had wrote this season off as a rebuild year and yet this team was a few plays away from winning District and making a HARD push at State. Raceland was NOT the push over many thought they were going to be. Did the Few decisions lose this one for Raceland? I don’t know, possibly but someone has to win and someone has to lose and sometimes it’s just a loss. Raceland staff has built a STRONG 1A program. Hopefully all of the Ram’s players hold their head high. They Competed dang hard on the field and lost a TOIGH one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Slic Ric
Imo, Paintsville was better offensively last night than they have been in 3 years. Poe managed the game, made throws when he had to, and added a different dynamic for the Tigers. Good luck to him and the tigers moving foward.

Now...This Raceland team became far more than i thought it would. The kids bought into playing for eachother and played with an edge and chip on their shoulder that i havent seen out of a Raceland team in a long time. The future is really bright IF we can keep that mindset, because the tallent is definitely there. 3 turnovers in a game decided by 1 score is impossible to overcome. We scored on every possession we didnt turn the ball over in the first half. Were there questionable calls? Sure. But imo, the turnovers, and the inability to cover the middle of the field on 3rd and 4th and long are the difference in the game. 2 of Paintsvilles TDs came on drives that they converted 3rd and 4th downs that were over 9 yards. There was a big 4th down deflection by Melvin before our last possession, so either the adjustment was finally made or the coverage was finally there, but it was too little too late. If we would have gotten off the field on 3rd and 4th down, we win the game. Very suprised and very proud of the turnaround my Rams showed this year. 1A is now wide open.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-28-2020, 10:35 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Imo, Paintsville was better offensively last night than they have been in 3 years. Poe managed the game, made throws when he had to, and added a different dynamic for the Tigers. Good luck to him and the tigers moving foward.

Now...This Raceland team became far more than i thought it would. The kids bought into playing for eachother and played with an edge and chip on their shoulder that i havent seen out of a Raceland team in a long time. The future is really bright IF we can keep that mindset, because the tallent is definitely there. 3 turnovers in a game decided by 1 score is impossible to overcome. We scored on every possession we didnt turn the ball over in the first half. Were there questionable calls? Sure. But imo, the turnovers, and the inability to cover the middle of the field on 3rd and 4th and long are the difference in the game. 2 of Paintsvilles TDs came on drives that they converted 3rd and 4th downs that were over 9 yards. There was a big 4th down deflection by Melvin before our last possession, so either the adjustment was finally made or the coverage was finally there, but it was too little too late. If we would have gotten off the field on 3rd and 4th down, we win the game. Very suprised and very proud of the turnaround my Rams showed this year. 1A is now wide open.

I would agree. Poe has looked like he’s played the position for most of the season and Paintsville’s offense did moved the ball well last night. Completely different look. It’s not easy to do what that young man has done, to be thrown into a position you’ve not been playing AND right at playoffs. I think he’s shown a lot about the type of player he is and look forward to seeing how far he takes them.
(11-28-2020, 11:51 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 10:35 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Imo, Paintsville was better offensively last night than they have been in 3 years. Poe managed the game, made throws when he had to, and added a different dynamic for the Tigers. Good luck to him and the tigers moving foward.

I would agree. Poe has looked like he’s played the position for most of the season and Paintsville’s offense did moved the ball well last night. Completely different look. It’s not easy to do what that young man has done, to be thrown into a position you’ve not been playing AND right at playoffs. I think he’s shown a lot about the type of player he is and look forward to seeing how far he takes them.
If Hayden were to get healthy would he get his spot back?  After the performance that Poe had last night it would be hard to justify taking him out.
(11-28-2020, 12:09 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

If Hayden were to get healthy would he get his spot back?  After the performance that Poe had last night it would be hard to justify taking him out.

I would have to agree Blaze. It would Be really hard to pull Poe from QB with what he’s doing. This is not a good time to upset the rhythm that the offense seems to have right now, Plus it’s been a different look for opposing teams to try to prepare for which has been an issue of ours for a few years. Looking from the outside in, I think if Hyden gets healthy, it opens up a LOT of interesting options at other skill positions! Jake runs the Ball VERY well and could also be exciting to watch as a receiver as well. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.
(11-28-2020, 12:09 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

Personally, I stick with the hot hand. 

Hyden can help this team in many other ways and especially on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-28-2020, 02:02 AM)Ramfan02 Wrote: So a State Finals appearance . Only one in school history by the way. 4 semi finals maybe 3 one may be Maynards. Only ones in school History and yeah we should blame the coach. Come on guys yeah things happen and yeah sometimes calls made we may not like but this was a tough loss . Film showed it was a fumble in ot but still no reason to cry over it.  There was plenty of chances and it just slipped away.

Raceland is always a extremely prepared team, I’ll have to give that to Mike, Fannin, and Lewis.

However Raceland made it to State when eastern Ky was weak, the best a team of Sophomores from Pikeville to go to state. And still needed some help from the Refs to get there with 22 plenty’s to 0. Then they was embarrassed, Beechwood put on a show. What Raceland had 37 total yards in that game. 

The next year yes they made it back to the final 4, but they was never in the game with Pikeville. 

The other two against Williamsburg I won’t even touch one because TJ was the coach the first time. And two the other was Mike’s first season. 

At the end of the day, Mike struggles in big games. You can go back to his playing days and see that. 

This is on the Raceland Coaching staff, Paintsville struggled to stop Wallace all night, keep feeding him the ball. Like they would have done with Walker or Synder.
Congrats to the Tigers! Good luck the rest of the way. Man, I feel the mountains are going to be represented very well again this year in Lexington. We still have Paintsville, Belfry, Johnson Central, and Hazard still playing from the "Far East". Eastern Kentucky football is second to none, and are proving it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • 2000PHS
(11-28-2020, 02:20 AM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Well the D coordinator has what 11 finals appearances and a couple rings. And are  any High School coaches in the area great the answer is a easy nope. So who do you get any better . Not easy to get someone to come to a class A school and expect titles only because winning has been there all ready. From Bill Tom until now . The ring will come very soon maybe next year but hey if you have a great replacement by all means . They have only been looking for 80 years or so.

The answer is when Raceland hired Mike don’t hire him. When you also interviewed Paul Rains for the Head coaching job. That’s who you hire, a proven Coach with a state championship win and over 200 wins.
Ram fans have to be ignorant thinking this team should’ve beat Paintsville. Raceland has improved tremendously this year, they’re extremely young. They shouldn’t have beat them earlier in the season.

Salmons does a good job and next years team will be awesome. Losing Heighton sucks but replacing him with Lundy? Drop off isn’t much. All your skill dudes get another year older and faster. Line will get better.

Rams are a 1A contender next year and the year after.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KYHSFB's post:
  • Bluegrassboy63
Tough game between two great teams! Really thought the outcome would’ve been different with Hyden out. Paintsville pulled out a hard fought win. Hats off to them.
If you can’t punch it in from the goal line against a banged up defense you don’t deserve to win. How many times has it been now that Wasteland has done this from the shotgun formation? Thanks Coach Salmons we appreciate it!
From the looks of the Daily Independent pic of the fumble called a TD in OT it looks like Paintsville should be really thankful today. Not complaining by the way it was a great game. Just hate missed calls that have that big of an impact
Congratulations to Raceland on a hard fought game. Very hard nosed kids every year...