Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35
Final.

Anybody that isn't watching these two teams any time they are on the field together is missing out. Somerset fought back from being down 21-0 and then 28-7 to tie it up at 28-28, then 35-35. In the end, LCA just wanted it more. Hats off to the freshman DB from LCA who made what was essentially the game ending play for them.

Good luck to the Eagles. I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way! Prove to the rest of the state that District 4 are the kings of 2A!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • E's Army
The play calling was once again, horrible! Somerset players were the better players on that field but you can’t beat refs and bad plays. Good job to LCA for out coaching, once again.
Congratulations LCA!
I'll be watching to replay of this one @RoShamBo because I agree with you 100% about this is much watch football.

Congrats to LCA!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 01:01 AM)Bunnies101 Wrote: The play calling was once again, horrible! Somerset players were the better players on that field but you can’t beat refs and bad plays. Good job to LCA for out coaching, once again.
Play calling I'll agree with. The refs were not to blame in this one.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • 64SUR, Bunnies101, Spud6
Congratulations to LCA
Hate to see this senior class’s season come to an end tonight but hats off to LCA. They are an excellent squad.

Somerset had chances even after being down 21-0 to come back and make it a competitive game,

LCA could and should win it all.
(11-28-2020, 01:28 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Hate to see this senior class’s season come to an end tonight but hats off to LCA. They are an excellent squad.

Somerset had chances even after being down 21-0 to come back and make it a competitive game,

LCA could and should win it all.

Beechwood, who owns a win over Corbin (at Corbin), will have a lot to say about that.  But I would agree with LCA being the favorite.
2A championship
LCA gave up 35+ only twice all season - to Somerset and to Frederick Douglass (40).

Blame what/who you want. Great group of kids graduating and Somerset’s staff does a great job - just came up short.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JumperPride1's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-28-2020, 01:01 AM)Bunnies101 Wrote: The play calling was once again, horrible! Somerset players were the better players on that field but you can’t beat refs and bad plays. Good job to LCA for out coaching, once again.
How you gonna blame the refs after LCA won both match ups this season? Refs were giving Somerset all the calls during the regular season game.
How were refs bad?
First off Congrats to LCA on the win!!!

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players they who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played they tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays. All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their self and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with is Tri run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its hills and that would have been the winning formula tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Finally somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well called offensive team. That’s 2 games that their opponent has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their opponent to come back and tie it or take the lead. They can’t do that against good well coached team. If they do they will get beat. Just a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to be drive by a couple of has been and failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
(11-28-2020, 02:30 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote: First off Congrats to LCA on the win!!!

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players they who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played they tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays. All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their self and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with is Tri run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its hills and that would have been the winning formula tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Finally somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well called offensive team. That’s 2 games that their opponent has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their opponent to come back and tie it or take the lead. They can’t do that against good well coached team. If they do they will get beat. Just a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to be drive by a couple of has been and failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
Wow. Dang good analysis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • Old_Gold73

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played their tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could not excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays which also happen to be simple plays. Lol.  All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders so they could just go up and get it, and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their selves and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with speed is to run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs in 4 yard chunks at a time if be. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its heels and that would have been the winning formula for tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Pathetic!!! Finally, somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Our offensive play calling lost the game.  Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well tuned and well called offensive team. I think it’s Beechwood’s to lose. That’s 2 games Somerset has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their Somerset to come back and tie it or take the lead and could have also won both games with making the right adjustments and play calls. They can’t do that against a good well coached team. If they do, they will get beat. It’s  just been a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to have its offense driven by a couple of has been and never was failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
What a absolutely stupid comment !!!
Come from down 21-0 with a shot to win ... only other team to score 35 points on LCA was Douglas. Way to battle back Somerset and put your selfs in a position to win ... just come up a little short ... great job seniors this group will be missed.

(11-28-2020, 02:47 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote:

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played their tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could not excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays which also happen to be simple plays. Lol.  All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders so they could just go up and get it, and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their selves and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with speed is to run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs in 4 yard chunks at a time if be. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its heels and that would have been the winning formula for tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Pathetic!!! Finally, somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Our offensive play calling lost the game.  Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well tuned and well called offensive team. I think it’s Beechwood’s to lose. That’s 2 games Somerset has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their Somerset to come back and tie it or take the lead and could have also won both games with making the right adjustments and play calls. They can’t do that against a good well coached team. If they do, they will get beat. It’s  just been a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to have its offense driven by a couple of has been and never was failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
What a complete idiot ... did we watch the same game ???? Sounds to me like u have a personal vendetta against the coordinators. Get a life !!!!say it to their face or stfu !!!!!! Great staff and kids just come up short !!!!

What a complete idiot ... did we watch the same game ???? Sounds to me like u have a personal vendetta against the coordinators. Get a life !!!!say it to their face or stfu !!!!!! Great staff and kids just come up short !!!!
(11-28-2020, 03:01 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
Come from down 21-0 with a shot to win ... only other team to score 35 points on LCA was Douglas. Way to battle back Somerset and put your selfs in a position to win ... just come up a little short ... great job seniors this group will be missed.

Apparently I’m not the only one that thinks that! Read the post above on his analysis. He’s spot on. You can’t be in the red zone and call questionable plays. OC done this every game this year. And as far as the refs go, the safety in the end zone that was not called and then the ball was placed back on the 1 yard line even though he didn’t even cross the end zone. Multiple uncalled holding calls, questionable pass interference on the side, block in the back on Grundy when he was man to man! Come on. Y’all can’t be that blind? Somerset played great and was the better team. All I’m saying is there was questionable play calling and has been all season. I’m sure gonna miss this group of seniors. They were special just like last years group. 
Congrats to LCA. I don't see anyone stopping them or Beechwood from getting to the finals. If that is the one that we get it should be a great matchup.

As for the game tonight, the slow start by Somerset made them play catch up all night. They showed a tremendous amount of heart to battle back and tie it up twice. To me the 2 spots in the game that decided it were: 1) When Somerset got the ball back right before half around the LCA 20 with a chance to tie it up and couldn't score. They had all the momentum at that point and, had they tied it up, might have really took off in the second half. Don't get me wrong, given the amount of time that they had left when they got the ball it was no easy task to punch one in there--but it would have been big. 2) When Grundy was shaken up and had to leave the game after Somerset had just tied it up. Even though Somerset ended up scoring there he wasn't able to play on that next defensive series (at least I don't think he was in there, it was hard to tell on the computer). LCA immediately burned the Jumpers over the top to take the lead back. The defensive backs looked confused/out of position on the play and I have to think that if Grundy were in there it might not have happened.

Somerset loses a great group of seniors that accomplished a lot in their time in Purple and Gold. The have nothing to hang their heads about. Hats off to them, they'll be missed.

Failed little league coordinators ? Ummm..... buddy those failed little league coordinators won the Super Bowl this year in their division... get your facts straight!!!!! Just have to know , who is the has been ? And who is the never was ??? Asking for a friend !!!!
In any loss somebody or a group of people have to be the scape goat. I doubt a staff that is coming off a state championship and a one TD loss to a good LCa team cares what anybody on this site thinks... However it’s really easy to sit on the opposite side of a computer and spew to people who put their soul into something. Athletics are fickle and cyclical; the Jumpers played hard and battled back tonight. Thank you seniors for all of your accomplishments! You brought home the big hardware and two straight region/district championships (same staff and coordinators by the way). Proud of all involved.
[-] The following 2 users Like JumperPride1's post:
  • Deuce8, Walt Longmire
First off congrats to LCA. Now officiating there is always going to be bad and missed calls. The tackle in the endzone should of been a safety, and bad placement on 4th down in the end zone. It was bad , but not game changing. 3rd I respect our coaches, but in honesty Somerset should of keep running in the red zone they couldn't stop Garland. We seem to go away from what works and keep going back to what don't, but that doesn't make them bad OC just a human making bad play calls just like we all make baf decisions for n life. The season is over, but know reason to call people out over a game the kids played and left it on the field. This again was your state championship, and at least these seniors got a ring. They could of been like tens of thousands in this country sitting at home not playing tonight with no ring to show how great they are. I dont feel like this is locked in Beechwood can beat them, and as we seen tonight with Pikeville, Mayfield anyone can be beat. Our kids knew this was 50/50 chance unlike Pikeville knew they had it buy a few scores and everyone said they couldn't be beat in 1A. My point is fellow Jumpers not all was lost, and at least they leave as winners with a ring. Team 113 had a chemistry like no other, and for up coming Jumpers if they don't bond hit the weight room every day, all of them this well happen year after year. So stop blaming everyone we lost, no hurt pride losing to LCA. We did the same them last year. Side note the bleach clearing brawl was hilarious, but LCA coaches should of never been shoving underage kids. They weren't very christian like.
(11-28-2020, 03:46 AM)JumperPride1 Wrote: In any loss somebody or a group of people have to be the scape goat. I doubt a staff that is coming off a state championship and a one TD loss to a good LCa team cares what anybody on this site thinks... However it’s really easy to sit on the opposite side of a computer and spew to people who put their soul into something. Athletics are fickle and cyclical; the Jumpers played hard and battled back tonight. Thank you seniors for all of your accomplishments! You brought home the big hardware and two straight region/district championships (same staff and coordinators by the way). Proud of all involved.

I don't think there's anyone to blame for the loss.  LCA is a great team, and, in the end, made a couple more plays than the Jumpers did.  I would love to have seen what would have happened if we'd have been able to hit on one of those passes right before half and tie it up.  But with that little amount of time remaining it was tough.  However, little breaks like that are often what decides a game between 2 evenly matched teams.  Tonight, they just didn't go the Jumpers way.  But Somerset has nothing to hang their head's about.  They left it all on the field.  Thanks for the memories seniors--and, for the underclassmen, time to get to work.  You've got big shoes to fill, and this district isn't going to get any easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • BEChargers

Oh trust me!!! I said it to their face. I’m not shy about speaking my mind directly to the problem. And yes I’ll agree with you on a great group of kids and great staff minus a Leprechaun and a Frog. The Leprechaun did a lot better job calling the offense on a less talented State Championship team when he was minus a Frog in his ear. Just saying. Oh and yes we watched the same game. I’ve not missed a Somerset game since the 1977 season. I’ve probably forgot more about football than you’ll ever know.
Is there any way to watch this game?
Prepspin comet. You can rewatch it
Would have loved to have seen this game from the sound of it was everything it was cracked up to be. Congrats to both teams on the last couple years this has been a game people have had circled on their calendar every time it’s played. Bunny fans, and it’s just my two cents, don’t forget where you were at before this coaching staff took over, Coach Lucas is a great one, he loves your kids, and he bleeds purple n gold at every seam, he’ll have you all back next year id bet money on it!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-28-2020, 04:56 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote:

Oh trust me!!! I said it to their face. I’m not shy about speaking my mind directly to the problem. And yes I’ll agree with you on a great group of kids and great staff minus a Leprechaun and a Frog. The Leprechaun did a lot better job calling the offense on a less talented State Championship team when he was minus a Frog in his ear. Just saying. Oh and yes we watched the same game. I’ve not missed a Somerset game since the 1977 season. I’ve probably forgot more about football than you’ll ever know.
I promise you have not said anything to anyone’s face !!!!! You would probably be slurring your words if that were the case. Since you are such a tough guy say who you are and quit hiding behind your screen name pretty sure we know who you are as does everyone on here !!!! We see you on the side line shaking hands and smiling to everyone’s face then talk crap soon as they turn around!!!! How many state titles have you won ?let me answer that for you 0. That little leprechaun you speak of ,is in fact the first OC is the 114 year history of Somerset football to win a State Championship! You and your words are irrelevant.
(11-28-2020, 01:40 AM)E's Army Wrote: 2A championship
Be careful with that belief, mayfield beat beachwood at mayfield a few years back and we made the same comments, even our radio anouncer said it, then hazard handed us our AZZ in the state championship.
(11-28-2020, 12:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Would have loved to have seen this game from the sound of it was everything it was cracked up to be.  Congrats to both teams on the last couple years this has been a game people have had circled on their calendar every time it’s played.  Bunny fans, and it’s just my two cents, don’t forget where you were at before this coaching staff took over, Coach Lucas is a great one, he loves your kids, and he bleeds purple n gold at every seam, he’ll have you all back next year id bet money on it!!
Please don't put money on it. Lol LCA returns about everyone, Somerset loses about everyone lol. It'll be a down year, but season after they'll be good to go.
(11-28-2020, 04:02 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Would have loved to have seen this game from the sound of it was everything it was cracked up to be.  Congrats to both teams on the last couple years this has been a game people have had circled on their calendar every time it’s played.  Bunny fans, and it’s just my two cents, don’t forget where you were at before this coaching staff took over, Coach Lucas is a great one, he loves your kids, and he bleeds purple n gold at every seam, he’ll have you all back next year id bet money on it!!
Please don't put money on it. Lol LCA returns about everyone, Somerset loses about everyone lol. It'll be a down year, but season after they'll be good to go.

I was referring more to being back ready to play than back to winning a championship. At the top of each class for the most part is quite a bit of parity right now especially in 2A. Mayfield or Somerset either one had the talent to win this year, just like LCA had the talent to win it last year too. Somerset is gonna be a very good football program as long as Lucas is there and the kids are in really good hands with him. If mine couldn’t go to Corbin Lucas and Somerset would be my very next stop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8