Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35
(11-28-2020, 04:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 04:02 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Would have loved to have seen this game from the sound of it was everything it was cracked up to be.  Congrats to both teams on the last couple years this has been a game people have had circled on their calendar every time it’s played.  Bunny fans, and it’s just my two cents, don’t forget where you were at before this coaching staff took over, Coach Lucas is a great one, he loves your kids, and he bleeds purple n gold at every seam, he’ll have you all back next year id bet money on it!!
Please don't put money on it. Lol LCA returns about everyone, Somerset loses about everyone lol. It'll be a down year, but season after they'll be good to go.

I was referring more to being back ready to play than back to winning a championship.  At the top of each class for the most part is quite a bit of parity right now especially in 2A.  Mayfield or Somerset either one had the talent to win this year, just like LCA had the talent to win it last year too.  Somerset is gonna be a very good football program as long as Lucas is there and the kids are in really good hands with him.  If mine couldn’t go to Corbin Lucas and Somerset would be my very next stop.
I was referring to wins as well. Lol they have got to grow. They may have 5-6 seniors next year. This is the class that quiet playing after middle school. The upcoming juniors will have to carry them. They get gavin back as a senior, but will have to rebuild the defense but 3 spots. They can't run this offense with this group. Backup not ready, but they will have a heck of a run game if they use it correctly.
I’m not a coach. (And everyone should be thankful for this).

But if I were and none of the three lower classmen are ready,  Gavin could run the offense as a QB. If he keeps playing. Just have to have some receivers step up. And I could name quite a few on the roster right now that could be very good receivers but not the same height at Stevens and not the same overall playmaker ability of Grundy.

Lots of interesting (albeit young) options next year especially if a lot of the 8th graders stay together to be next seasons Freshman class.
Was this game taken off of prepspin?
(11-28-2020, 10:28 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: Was this game taken off of prepspin?

Nope. It’s still up. Currently watching
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
After watching this one back. Somerset got punched in the mouth before they knew they were in a fight. Down 21-0 and looking like it was going to be a long night but they strung a good drive together and finally got of the board to make it a game. And then in the 3rd quarter it was back and forth back and forth. The LCA runs a great QB fake pitch keeper right up the guy for a TD and Sheron gets the ball down 7 with 2:30 left in the fourth quarter which you are probably feeling really good about as a Somerset fan. But they just couldn’t connect to get the drive going. A WR slips on a first down catch and then Sheron overthrows a open receiver and then to end it the freshman who was on Grundy makes a absolutely beautiful break on the ball and breaks the pass up.

As for Somerset from someone who hasn’t watched but two of their games. Sheron is the real deal but in this game missed a lot of wide open receivers down field but that’s easy to see on film but hard in live action for him. Somerset is a massive team that doesn’t really try to enforce their size on folks or at least in this game. Sheron and #23 was getting 3-4 yards a pop on the running plays but Somerset likes to run that empty QB set and along it around which makes sense when you got a kid like Sheron at QB but I’d like to seen them your their size. And by the way #23 is my favorite player from this game for both sides. That dudes loves football and just has a nose to be around it at all times. That tackle on the kickoff coming out of halftime was a massive shot!

As for LCA, they might be the most fundamentally sound team iver ever seen. Their coach or their prior coaches growing up really did a great job with them teaching them the fundamentals of football and it showed in this game so prevalent. Every player on their team done everything right at every position. Well coached team. And their offense is a whole lot of fun to watch. They do a lot of motions and have a lot of eye candy kind of like the Chiefs to distract you and get your eyes looking one way and beat you in a different spot. Those fakes and continuous runs really setup their pass plays for TDs. I really enjoyed watching their offense because you didn’t know what was coming next and really how to defend what they were running because they give you so many looks out of the exact same play.

What a game from a non bias viewer!

Congrats to LCA!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 3 users Like Spud6's post:
  • CowboyDad, Deuce8, SayreSpartan2006
(11-29-2020, 12:46 AM)Yes Spud6 Wrote: After watching this one back. Somerset got punched in the mouth before they knew they were in a fight. Down 21-0 and looking like it was going to be a long night but they strung a good drive together and finally got of the board to make it a game. And then in the 3rd quarter it was back and forth back and forth. The LCA runs a great QB fake pitch keeper right up the guy for a TD and Sheron gets the ball down 7 with 2:30 left in the fourth quarter which you are probably feeling really good about as a Somerset fan. But they just couldn’t connect to get the drive going. A WR slips on a first down catch and then Sheron overthrows a open receiver and then to end it the freshman who was on Grundy makes a absolutely beautiful break on the ball and breaks the pass up.

As for Somerset from someone who hasn’t watched but two of their games. Sheron is the real deal but in this game missed a lot of wide open receivers down field but that’s easy to see on film but hard in live action for him. Somerset is a massive team that doesn’t really try to enforce their size on folks or at least in this game. Sheron and #23 was getting 3-4 yards a pop on the running plays but Somerset likes to run that empty QB set and along it around which makes sense when you got a kid like Sheron at QB but I’d like to seen them your their size. And by the way #23 is my favorite player from this game for both sides. That dudes loves football and just has a nose to be around it at all times. That tackle on the kickoff coming out of halftime was a massive shot!

As for LCA, they might be the most fundamentally sound team iver ever seen. Their coach or their prior coaches growing up really did a great job with them teaching them the fundamentals of football and it showed in this game so prevalent. Every player on their team done everything right at every position. Well coached team.  And their offense is a whole lot of fun to watch. They do a lot of motions and have a lot of eye candy kind of like the Chiefs to distract you and get your eyes looking one way and beat you in a different spot. Those fakes and continuous runs really setup their pass plays for TDs. I really enjoyed watching their offense because you didn’t know what was coming next and really how to defend what they were running because they give you so many looks out of the exact same play.

Congrats to LCA!
Yes #23 kid is Mikey Garland. What a great kid and the absolute most complete football player I’ve ever seen at the high school level. Kid very rarely comes off the field, and makes big plays in every aspect of the game.
He will be greatly missed. True football player!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • RoShamBo, Walt Longmire
I love Garland one of the greatest at Somerset to become wasted talent. I say that because he is division 1 talent, but not playing college ball. Was told to tons of colleges want him, but via family member it's not happening. That's another story, but it will years before Somerset ever sees another Mickey.

(11-28-2020, 10:22 PM)CowboyDad Wrote: I’m not a coach. (And everyone should be thankful for this).

But if I were and none of the three lower classmen are ready,  Gavin could run the offense as a QB. If he keeps playing. Just have to have some receivers step up. And I could name quite a few on the roster right now that could be very good receivers but not the same height at Stevens and not the same overall playmaker ability of Grundy.

Lots of interesting (albeit young) options next year especially if a lot of the 8th graders stay together to be next seasons Freshman class.
You are a 100 percent correct. Gavin was a QB all thru middle school. Sorry but Gross won't be ready he's got to grow. There's tons of talent , but they got to us these backs more, and geez give them a lead blo let or a tight end to block. Somerset line did fine, but they can't block 6-7-8 all night. Against average teams they're fine but not a elite defense.
(11-29-2020, 05:10 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: I love Garland one of the greatest at Somerset to become wasted talent. I say that because he is division 1 talent, but not playing college ball. Was told to tons of colleges want him, but via family member it's not happening. That's another story, but it will years before Somerset ever sees another Mickey.

(11-28-2020, 10:22 PM)CowboyDad Wrote: I’m not a coach. (And everyone should be thankful for this).

You are a 100 percent correct. Gavin was a QB all thru middle school. Sorry but Gross won't be ready he's got to grow. There's tons of talent , but they got to us these backs more, and geez give them a lead blo let or a tight end to block. Somerset line did fine, but they can't block 6-7-8 all night. Against average teams they're fine but not a elite defense.

That’s sad to hear him not playing ball at the next level. He could definitely be a lb or de or something. Kids just a football player. Hate that for him!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 01:33 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:28 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Hate to see this senior class’s season come to an end tonight but hats off to LCA. They are an excellent squad.

Somerset had chances even after being down 21-0 to come back and make it a competitive game,

LCA could and should win it all.

Beechwood, who owns a win over Corbin (at Corbin), will have a lot to say about that.  But I would agree with LCA being the favorite.
Just viewed the LCA-SHS playoff game online, and honestly, Beechwood is my hands-down favorite, TBH. We’ll see.
(11-29-2020, 03:04 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 12:46 AM)Yes Spud6 Wrote: After watching this one back. Somerset got punched in the mouth before they knew they were in a fight. Down 21-0 and looking like it was going to be a long night but they strung a good drive together and finally got of the board to make it a game. And then in the 3rd quarter it was back and forth back and forth. The LCA runs a great QB fake pitch keeper right up the guy for a TD and Sheron gets the ball down 7 with 2:30 left in the fourth quarter which you are probably feeling really good about as a Somerset fan. But they just couldn’t connect to get the drive going. A WR slips on a first down catch and then Sheron overthrows a open receiver and then to end it the freshman who was on Grundy makes a absolutely beautiful break on the ball and breaks the pass up.

As for LCA, they might be the most fundamentally sound team iver ever seen. Their coach or their prior coaches growing up really did a great job with them teaching them the fundamentals of football and it showed in this game so prevalent. Every player on their team done everything right at every position. Well coached team.  And their offense is a whole lot of fun to watch. They do a lot of motions and have a lot of eye candy kind of like the Chiefs to distract you and get your eyes looking one way and beat you in a different spot. Those fakes and continuous runs really setup their pass plays for TDs. I really enjoyed watching their offense because you didn’t know what was coming next and really how to defend what they were running because they give you so many looks out of the exact same play.

Congrats to LCA!
Yes #23 kid is Mikey Garland. What a great kid and the absolute most complete football player I’ve ever seen at the high school level. Kid very rarely comes off the field, and makes big plays in every aspect of the game.

I agree Deuce8 Mikey has been fun to watch the last 3 years.  Going to miss watching him.  But you do know there is only one Deuce8 from Somerset.
?
[-] The following 1 user Likes WETSU's post:
  • Deuce8
Good ride for Somerset last couple of years. It may be a couple of years but Bunnies will be back. 2A has a top tier of teams including Mayfield, Beechwood, LCA and Somerset. Danville could get back to that level. Expect to see one of this group there year in and year out. Somerset has a great staff who brought them to this level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-29-2020, 10:49 PM)E's Army Wrote: Good ride for Somerset last couple of years. It may be a couple of years but Bunnies will be back. 2A has a top tier of teams including Mayfield, Beechwood, LCA and Somerset. Danville could get back to that level. Expect to see one of this group there year in and year out. Somerset has a great staff who brought them to this level.
Absolutely!!!!!! Can’t pay attention to some of these sideline warriors who claim to be loyal to the program ,ain’t missed a game since 77. Nice to your face, then talk about you soon as you turn around! Somerset is in great hands with Lucas and company!!!!!
Could not ask for a better leader, and Teacher of life for these kids !!!!! Somerset will be back!

(11-29-2020, 08:47 PM)WETSU Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 03:04 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 12:46 AM)Yes Spud6 Wrote: After watching this one back. Somerset got punched in the mouth before they knew they were in a fight. Down 21-0 and looking like it was going to be a long night but they strung a good drive together and finally got of the board to make it a game. And then in the 3rd quarter it was back and forth back and forth. The LCA runs a great QB fake pitch keeper right up the guy for a TD and Sheron gets the ball down 7 with 2:30 left in the fourth quarter which you are probably feeling really good about as a Somerset fan. But they just couldn’t connect to get the drive going. A WR slips on a first down catch and then Sheron overthrows a open receiver and then to end it the freshman who was on Grundy makes a absolutely beautiful break on the ball and breaks the pass up.

Congrats to LCA!

I agree Deuce8 Mikey has been fun to watch the last 3 years.  Going to miss watching him.  But you do know there is only one Deuce8 from Somerset.
?
Depends on who you ask !!!!!!