Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 49 Lexington Catholic 41
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Boyle!!!
This game was a lot closer than the first matchup.

Congrats to Boyle!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations!! Boyle County and Coach Haddix
Boyle finally challenged.
All in all this may end up helping Boyle in the long run. The starters had not given up a point since Highlands in Sept. May have gotten a little complacent. Will certainly have a lot to look at on film and to work on in practice. If it sharpens them for the next three rounds then fine. Catholic is very well coached and played hard the entire game. The old saying goes, "you either win or you learn". Boyle may have done both tonight. I hope they did both tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, toolaidback
LC never quit and played really well but I really have to question Boyle’s defensive scheme in the second half last night went prevent and it almost cost them the game, they pressured the QB in the first half and Catholic only had 1-2 first downs gave him all day in the second half and he picked the defense apart just saying!
(11-28-2020, 10:54 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: LC never quit and played really well but I really have to question Boyle’s defensive scheme in the second half last night went prevent and it almost cost them the game, they pressured the QB in the first half and Catholic only had 1-2 first downs gave him all day in the second half and he picked the defense apart just saying!
Definitely should have stated with their first half play book defensively. Didn't really see the need to change it up. Lex Cath played a great second half, took what Boyle gave them with a smile and gave themselves a shot at the game. Just needed a little more time. Boyle will make their adjustments and should be fine, but one thing that stood out to me was special teams coverage on kickoffs. Either kick it in the endzone, or make the tackle. 

Congrats to the Rebels and good luck next week, stay healthy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Why Catholic did not look to its passing game until 2 minutes left in 1st half was puzzling but only scoring 3 points in 1st half did not cost them the game; missed tackles cost them the game.

Sheperson and Gillis played extremely well and were the difference in the game. Gillis developed over the course of the year into one of the more impactful players in the region. Thank goodness for transfers!

Boyle is a good team and it will be interesting to see how / if they continue to progress through the playoffs. Don't see them taking home a trophy this year, but it's possible.