Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule interpretation
the rule, blocking a defenseless player, does it matter if the BLOCKERS helment hits if front of the blocked  player or not?
Can you elaborate on this one a little more. I'm a little confused at what you mean. I've never heard of blocking a defenseless player. Was he considered defenseless because he helmet fell off?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think he means targeting a Defenseless player. If that's the case, I don't think it matters at all. It doesn't even have to be a helmet to helmet hit I don't believe
In high school now you aren’t allowed to do blindside blocks anymore with the shoulder. You either have to just run in front of them or just use your hands to block. No more leveling of the players that aren’t paying attention.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 08:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I think he means targeting a Defenseless player. If that's the case, I don't think it matters at all. It doesn't even have to be a helmet to helmet hit I don't believe
That’s exactly what i was trying to ask

(11-28-2020, 12:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: In high school now you aren’t allowed to do blindside blocks anymore with the shoulder. You either have to just run in front of them or just use your hands to block. No more leveling of the players that aren’t paying attention.

We had a player blindsided last night that resulted in a TD FOR MURRAY. 3 flags were thrown. The officials got together, an official THAT DID NOT THROW a flag ( whom I got all this information from) and the white hat said they saw the blockers head go ( in front of) the targeted player and they overruled the 3 flags. That’s what THE OFFICAL TOLD ME.
(11-28-2020, 01:17 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 08:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I think he means targeting a Defenseless player. If that's the case, I don't think it matters at all. It doesn't even have to be a helmet to helmet hit I don't believe

(11-28-2020, 12:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: In high school now you aren’t allowed to do blindside blocks anymore with the shoulder. You either have to just run in front of them or just use your hands to block. No more leveling of the players that aren’t paying attention.

We had a player blindsided last night that resulted in a TD FOR MURRAY. 3 flags were thrown. The officials got together, an official THAT DID NOT THROW a flag ( whom I got all this information from) and the white hat said they saw the blockers head go ( in front of) the targeted player and they overruled the 3 flags. That’s what THE OFFICAL TOLD ME.

Then that’s what messed up. You can’t lead with anything but your hands and not while the defender isn’t showing their numbers. That’s now a rule even in college and nfl.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Cobraxx
(11-28-2020, 03:39 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Then that’s what messed up. You can’t lead with anything but your hands and not while the defender isn’t showing their numbers. That’s now a rule even in college and nfl.

Yea I think it was a really bad overrule. The offical also said if the head of the OFFENDER is front of the defenseless player, the defenseless play would be able to the the hit coming, LMBO, I told him to his face that was he was wrong. Not crying, the beat team won, Murray was better  team, and HUNGRY, with ATTITUDE! They’re physical

Yep it’s why there’s so many special team plays called back for block in the back, drives me crazy it’s football not basket weaving. If you don’t want little Johnny hurt let him stick to video games quit trying to change the rules so he can play and get a trophy too.
(11-28-2020, 05:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Yep it’s why there’s so many special team plays called back for block in the back, drives me crazy it’s football not basket weaving.  If you don’t want little Johnny hurt let him stick to video games quit trying to change the rules so he can play and get a trophy too.
Who said anything about changing the rules, I was just wanting a rule clarification.
(11-30-2020, 01:11 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 05:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Yep it’s why there’s so many special team plays called back for block in the back, drives me crazy it’s football not basket weaving.  If you don’t want little Johnny hurt let him stick to video games quit trying to change the rules so he can play and get a trophy too.
Who said anything about changing the rules, I was just wanting a rule clarification.
I don’t think he meant that towards you. Just all these people who want to play powder puff out there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • rookie57