Poll: Who wins the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
26.39%
Johnson Central
73.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 Corbin @ #1 Johnson Central 12/4 (4A Playoffs)
(11-29-2020, 08:30 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 04:42 PM)MountainMamba Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 04:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:45 AM)T-CATS Wrote: Everyone saying how physical JC is. Problem is they also have speed to burn. Corbin never playing them with also be a huge disadvantage. Can’t simulate that offense with your scout team. Corbin going to need a lot of help to keep it close and play a near perfect game.
Doesn’t that work both ways?
How many times has Corbin played against the belly offense?
This season? Or all time?
This season. I’m really not being sarcastic. I genuinely want to know. It’s a different kind of beast when you play against someone who runs it as well as Belfry and JC. Like you said earlier, almost like playing clay county’s offense to get ready for a team like Corbin.
Noone has gelled into form better than Corbin this season maybe in the entire state. If this was a game in early October I would take JC in a running clock affair.

With that said, games are still determined at the LOS, especially when you are playing a Jim Matney team.

Just don't see Corbin having the horses up front on either side of the ball, though I like their skill talent a little better.

Excellent game.. Corbin will definitely push JC more than any other team all season (including Belfry who also were mis-matched up front). In the end though, too many body blows from the Eagles and Dylan Preston is just that dude you can lean on when you need three yards to keep a drive alive. I think Corbin's scheme and skill get them some big plays and points, and I think they compete enough to get some stops throughout. Just think JC grinds them down late.

JC 34
Corbin 24
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-30-2020, 10:25 AM)MountainMamba Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:45 AM)T-CATS Wrote: Everyone saying how physical JC is. Problem is they also have speed to burn. Corbin never playing them with also be a huge disadvantage. Can’t simulate that offense with your scout team. Corbin going to need a lot of help to keep it close and play a near perfect game.
This season. I’m really not being sarcastic. I genuinely want to know. It’s a different kind of beast when you play against someone who runs it as well as Belfry and JC. Like you said earlier, almost like playing clay county’s offense to get ready for a team like Corbin.
I agree, very elite Job that Coach Matney has done year in and year out. I don’t think any team or practice can get you ready for what you will see until you see it. As far as calling it the Belly Offense, I’d refer to it as a Tornado Offense. I think Dylon Preston needs more credit too. I watch that kid and he is the eye of the storm. I honestly think he is underrated. Very elite athlete. As far as stopping that offense, I haven’t watched a game to where anyone has. My little boy plays on the Corbin D Line. I definitely will have my eyes glued to the middle of the storm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • ekywildcat
(11-30-2020, 11:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 04:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Doesn’t that work both ways?
I agree, very elite Job that Coach Matney has done year in and year out. I don’t think any team or practice can get you ready for what you will see until you see it. As far as calling it the Belly Offense, I’d refer to it as a Tornado Offense. I think Dylon Preston needs more credit too. I watch that kid and he is the eye of the storm. I honestly think he is underrated. Very elite athlete. As far as stopping that offense, I haven’t watched a game to where anyone has. My little boy plays on the Corbin D Line. I definitely will have my eyes glued to the middle of the storm.
Good luck to your son! Praying for an injury free game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMamba's post:
  • Bull got out!
None this season. But our coaching staff and some players have seen it. But when you get to most of the region championships on, no scout team is gonna to prepare you for any type of offense you’ll see on the field. Absolutely no way we can replicate JCs running game and Oline. No way they can replicate our speed, scheme, and QB on their scout team. Should be a dandy
Any true JC fan knows that this game is not going to be a running clock. If it does happen I’ll happily eat crow lol but Corbin is just too talented and well coached to get beat like that.

With the year that we’ve had with this pandemic and the possibility of the season being canceled It is just great to see these two teams play against each other. It doesn’t get better than having two great programs who have never played against each other fight it out for a chance at semi state. Plus it looks like it may be cold and rainy on Friday in the mountains so this will be true playoff football.

Good luck to both of these teams and I’m hoping for an injury free game!
Corbin forces JC to stretch their muscles for possibly first time this year. I don't think Corbin can match the physical play of jC and I do think JC has more then enough speed to match anything Corbin has. In the end JC just has to much firepower for Corbin and will win by 3 touchdowns.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kai's post:
  • BobcatForever
@pulpfiction

Is there going to be a livestream of this game by chance?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-30-2020, 06:17 PM)Spud6 Wrote: @pulpfiction

Team1prep I think around 10.00
Anyone know if they will sell tickets at the gate on Friday?
Almost anything can happen on a Friday when you get this deep into the playoffs, but IMO Johnson Central would have to play a bad game, and Corbin would have to play a really great for us to see the Hounds come away with a victory. I felt the same way a few years ago when Corbin beat Boyle County in the semifinals. There is a difference though, Corbin was playing at home then. They will be playing in Paintsville this week. I'm going with Johnson Central at home in this one by 21.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-30-2020, 01:14 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:45 PM)Hound05 Wrote: To me what is interesting is....... Matney is one the best Play callers/OC  in Kentucky, Greer is one of the best defensive play callers/DC in Kentucky. Their chess match should be interesting to say the least.

no need to take shots at bell looking for honest dialogue 

can we say greer is still one of the best after the state final game two years ago .. let a team that ran an elementary school offense score 20 on them ..

That’s cherry picking, he also held a Boyle Co offense scoreless the game before. Nice to see you can come back around right before Corbin plays the best team they’ve faced all season to start your same crap

(11-30-2020, 06:31 PM)YNWA Wrote: Anyone know if they will sell tickets at the gate on Friday?

I’ve been praying literally on my knees, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up
(11-30-2020, 06:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 06:17 PM)Spud6 Wrote: @pulpfiction

Team1prep I think around 10.00
Thank you!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 02:07 PM)64SUR Wrote: Johnson Central want know what hit them in the 4Q. Corbin is coming with a mean bunch of Redhounds

Corbin 21
Johnson Central 14
Counting on Corbin to give me a big win in the pick’em contest.
[-] The following 4 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Hound05, Westside
JC wins 35-14 or so. Corbin without a doubt top five team in 4a but not top 2. JC is top 2 with Boyle, and the gap is wide between those 2 and the rest of the state. Corbin included.
The Big City lights of Paintsville will be BRIGHT Friday Night! 2 Third round matchups!

JC 42
Corbin 21
Don’t know much about Corbin, but they have a rich tradition, and have high expectations this season.
Johnson Central honestly is a little behind in execution this year than they were last year.
Our offensive scheme is based on precision and timing with the QB and our backs, and there has been a steeper learning curve with a new QB.
If our offensive line gets to the second level, our backs are very good at following our blockers and making great cuts in space.
Dylan Preston and Mason Lawson are very hard runners, but Preston is a special running back. Great vision, and extremely hard to bring down.
Our real strength is our offensive line. Grant Bingham is a hoss, with exceptional speed and strength. I really don’t believe Corbin has any answer for him, especially when he gets out in space blocking on the second or third level.
Our defense is solid and is very fast... it will be very difficult for Corbin to get to the edge. We pursue extremely well, and Dylan Preston is a bad man. He lines up at end or a hybrid linebacker...and is always around the ball.
Our secondary is probably our weakest link, but are solid tacklers, and our D line is not as good getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks as in years past.
Corbin has their work cut out for them, and will be a tough game to win. Playoff football... anything can happen. Hoping for a great injury free game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wingsup's post:
  • Hatz
This game has been getting a lot of hype, but I don't think Corbin can play with the Johnson Central. The Golden Eagles will be too physical for the Redhounds and this game has the potential to get out of hand in the second half. I think Corbin keeps it respectable in the first half, but Johnson Central is too good in the trenches to allow the Redhounds to hang around and make a game of it. Who knows, I may be wrong, but I think the only team that has a shot at beating Central, is Boyle County. Corbin has had a good year, but their season ends Friday in Paintsville. Johnson Central wins 42-14.
So many JC haters are trying their best to give Corbin bulletin board material.....

"JC is to physical for Corbin...."
"Corbin can't play with JC....'
"JC is too good on the Off. & Def. lines...."
"JC gets a running clock in the 1st half...."

Ask Pikeville & Mayfield what their plans are for this Friday night....... I'm pretty sure if you asked them last week, it was gonna be playing for a regional championship. Not sitting at the house wondering how teams they were supposed to blow out came away from their home fields with W's.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Hound05, Jack Lambert
JC.... just because you're the Champ, doesn't mean everybody else isn't hungry for the title!!!!!

[Image: https://cdn-wbn.b-cdn.net/wp-content/upl...ouglas.jpg]

[Image: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/xSysapFI....0.0.0.jpg]

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...Q&usqp=CAU]

JC...... DON'T LOSE FOCUS!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-28-2020, 02:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:57 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:50 PM)toolaidback Wrote: Johnson Central better bring it, Redhounds are thirsty!!
Be careful what you ask for... they may be clinching their thirst with a big glass of Flint, Michigan water if they aren't careful.
Fully what I expected. No respect!

Hey 64SUR, Thanks for keeping the page rolling along.  
I see your a Boyle Co Fan?  
Who're you going to be pulling for when the Hounds and the Rebels Square off....  
I've got a gut feeling the Hounds will pull a HAZARD vs PIKEVILLE for the upset of the week...
This should be a great game. Im gonna take my Mountain Boys by 2 touchdowns. JC 20 Corbin 8
(12-01-2020, 09:41 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: So many JC haters are trying their best to give Corbin bulletin board material.....

"JC is to physical for Corbin...."
"Corbin can't play with JC....'
"JC is too good on the Off. & Def. lines...."
"JC gets a running clock in the 1st half...."

Ask Pikeville & Mayfield what their plans are for this Friday night....... I'm pretty sure if you asked them last week, it was gonna be playing for a regional championship. Not sitting at the house wondering how teams they were supposed to blow out came away from their home fields with W's.

There maybe a couple of JC haters doing just that but this is typical for most your Corbin pregame threads. If Corbin wins Friday night it’ll ruin Christmas for most everyone from Harlan Co to the west of Casey Co and you’ll never hear from 3/4 of the posters again, be a new screen name for the next game, wash rinse, repeat.
I like the Matney/Greer match up discussion. That's what I think it comes down to. I really like Corbin's defense to play JC as good as any defense has the last couple of years. Corbin's offensive inconsistency is what concerns me for them. If the offense plays their best game of the year, I think this one comes down to the wire. If Corbin's offense struggles at all then JC wins by 2-3 scores. I hope it's a real good one !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
It's the playoffs, there is no easy game. PERIOD. That kind of thinking get's you beat. I think this will be the best game in the state Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-01-2020, 12:00 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I like the Matney/Greer match up discussion. That's what I think it comes down to. I really like Corbin's defense to play JC as good as any defense has the last couple of years. Corbin's offensive inconsistency is what concerns me for them. If the offense plays their best game of the year, I think this one comes down to the wire. If Corbin's offense struggles at all then JC wins by 2-3 scores. I hope it's a real good one !!

You’ll definitely not get an argument about the offense from most Corbin fans, from over 20 qb keepers, to throwing 5/6 passes all game, to throwing 30 the next, there doesn’t seem to be any consistent offensive scheme...All I can say is the weapons are there if there’s no offensive production Friday it isn’t the kids fault!!

(12-01-2020, 12:35 PM)Old guy Wrote: It's the playoffs, there is no easy game. PERIOD. That kind of thinking get's you beat. I think this will be the best game in the state Friday.

I agree, you got tickets, need a date?
(12-01-2020, 01:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 12:00 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I like the Matney/Greer match up discussion. That's what I think it comes down to. I really like Corbin's defense to play JC as good as any defense has the last couple of years. Corbin's offensive inconsistency is what concerns me for them. If the offense plays their best game of the year, I think this one comes down to the wire. If Corbin's offense struggles at all then JC wins by 2-3 scores. I hope it's a real good one !!

You’ll definitely not get an argument about the offense from most Corbin fans, from over 20 qb keepers, to throwing 5/6 passes all game, to throwing 30 the next, there doesn’t seem to be any consistent offensive scheme...All I can say is the weapons are there if there’s no offensive production Friday it isn’t the kids fault!!

(12-01-2020, 12:35 PM)Old guy Wrote: It's the playoffs, there is no easy game. PERIOD. That kind of thinking get's you beat. I think this will be the best game in the state Friday.

They have not made ticket information available as of yet. I will post any info here for everyone. I will bet there will be some available on Friday. Looks like cold and rainy...a lot of people won't come out for that, unfortunately. I can't wait until Friday.
(12-01-2020, 01:28 PM)Old guy Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 01:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 12:00 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I like the Matney/Greer match up discussion.  That's what I think it comes down to.  I really like Corbin's defense to play JC as good as any defense has the last couple of years.  Corbin's offensive inconsistency is what concerns me for them.  If the offense plays their best game of the year, I think this one comes down to the wire.  If Corbin's offense struggles at all then JC wins by 2-3 scores.  I hope it's a real good one !!

(12-01-2020, 12:35 PM)Old guy Wrote: It's the playoffs, there is no easy game. PERIOD. That kind of thinking get's you beat. I think this will be the best game in the state Friday.

They have not made ticket information available as of yet. I will post any info here for everyone. I will bet there will be some available on Friday. Looks like cold and rainy...a lot of people won't come out for that, unfortunately. I can't wait until Friday.
That’s the good and bad part about live streaming... helps your fans that cant get out watch the game, but on the other hand it lets some fans that would normally attend get lazy. No reason these boys shouldn’t have one of the best atmospheres of the year.
Don’t get me wrong, there will be plenty of fans in the stands. Just not as many as a dry night.
I bet there won’t be an available ticket left for Friday. If there is I might try and get one to do the updates for this game since the live stream is a paid livestream and a lot of folks just won’t do it because of that.
#BBFL
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next