Poll: Who wins the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
26.39%
Johnson Central
73.61%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 Corbin @ #1 Johnson Central 12/4 (4A Playoffs)
(12-02-2020, 12:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 03:28 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 07:40 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: As much as it pains me, I watched the Harlan County/Johnson Central game that WYMT covered, and unless they just played way off that night I believe Corbin is going to give them a run for their money and have a good shot at winning. I could be wrong, it is a long bus ride, but Corbin has enough weapons to have a shot.
Uh, is that the game from 2 weeks ago where JC had a running clock on them?
It was the first game where Harlan County dominated the time of possession but JC averaged 17.4 yards per carry on only 15 carries. Harlan County had a great game plan to control the clock but still lost 33-2. HC ran the football equivalent of a four corner offense but JC scored nearly every time that they got the ball. I am not sure how a team that picked up over 17 yards a carry in that first game would fail to impress anybody. 

I can tell you how, one they punted a few times and they also had a few turnovers. They broke 3 or 4 long runs, but beyond the big plays struggled to move the ball all night. The 17.4 yards a carry is extremely misleading when they had a handful of 50+ yard carries. They did not look impressive at all against a subpar Harlan County team. It would make me thrilled for them to put a running clock on Corbin, but I don't see it.

This is one of the few comments I’ve ever seen that tries to turn having multiple 50+ yard carries into a negative. Most team struggle to have 3-4 50+ yard carries in an entire season. It’s impressive that JC was able to do it in one game. 

Was Harlan Co the best game that JC has played under Matney? No. But they got the job done and then put up 62 against a pretty decent Letcher Co the next week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister D's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, MountainMamba, Pulp Fiction
Messages In This Thread
RE: #3 Corbin @ #1 Johnson Central 12/4 (4A Playoffs) - by Mister D - 12-02-2020, 12:20 PM