Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County @ Boyle Co (CANCELLED)
(12-03-2020, 04:55 PM)toolaidback Wrote: Boyle (9-0), which has the highest RPI in Class 4A, will host a semifinal Dec. 11 at Rebel Stadium against the team with the lowest RPI among the other three semifinalists remaining following Friday’s games. If there are no further withdrawals, the possible opponents for that game are Allen County-Scottsville (5-3), Hopkinsville (6-2) and John Hardin (5-2).

Here are the pairings for Friday’s remaining 4A semifinals, with the teams’ RPI rank within the class in parentheses:

Allen County-Scottsville (17) at Franklin County (7)

John Hardin (13) at Hopkinsville (37)

Corbin (3) at Johnson Central (2)
who do you think Boyle will wind up playing?
(12-03-2020, 05:06 PM)The_best63 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 04:55 PM)toolaidback Wrote: Boyle (9-0), which has the highest RPI in Class 4A, will host a semifinal Dec. 11 at Rebel Stadium against the team with the lowest RPI among the other three semifinalists remaining following Friday’s games. If there are no further withdrawals, the possible opponents for that game are Allen County-Scottsville (5-3), Hopkinsville (6-2) and John Hardin (5-2).

Here are the pairings for Friday’s remaining 4A semifinals, with the teams’ RPI rank within the class in parentheses:

Allen County-Scottsville (17) at Franklin County (7)

John Hardin (13) at Hopkinsville (37)

Corbin (3) at Johnson Central (2)
who do you think Boyle will wind up playing?
My guess would be ACS.
I think Franklin will put a running clock on Allen county Scottsville!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz
(12-03-2020, 05:54 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I think Franklin will put a running clock on Allen county Scottsville!

Exactly what I was thinking too. But, it is 2020 so anything can and probably will happen.
My mistake, what I typed, and what my brain meant to say were two different things. I intended to say Franklin, somehow I got that lowest seed stuck in my head. Franklin will most likely destroy ACS. The Rebels will need to have their game faces on when Franklin comes to Rebel stadium. They will be a tough out.
It’s my understanding that the only way Boyle Franklin will meet would be for a state championship.
(12-03-2020, 06:34 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: It’s my understanding that the only way Boyle Franklin will meet would be for a state championship.

That’s right. Should Franklin advance, they will travel to the winner of the Corbin/Johnson Central winner based on RPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
Boyle will play the Hoptown / John Hardin winner if Franklin does win. If ACS was to pull the upset they will play at Boyle next Friday.
So Johnson Central/Corbin winner will take on Franklin/ACS winner. Wow, talk about catching a break with the RPI ranking system this year for Boyle. Can be a good thing or a bad thing.
Toolaidback no. semi finals are #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3.

Franklin County wins they play at Johnson Central / Corbin winner. Allen County Scottsville wins they play at Boyle.

#1 Boyle
#2 Johnson Central
#3 Corbin
#4 Franklin County
#5 Hopkinsville
#6 John Hardin
#7 Allen County Scottsville

As you lose you are thrown out and everyone else moves up the ladder next week. The winner of the JC / Corbin game is #2 and Franklin moves up to a #3 if they win.
(12-03-2020, 04:09 PM)Old guy Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:34 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: next up for Boyle Co is the winner of Corbin and Johnson Central.  So lets discuss that.  RPI says Boyle and JC are about even.  and Boyle is a 3pt fav or Corbin.  Is this fair?  what i mean by fair is my assessment correct or how far off am I.

With Boyle 1, JC 2 and Corbin 3 in RPI...Boyle will not face either of these two until Kroger Field. Or so I understand.

If you look at the brackets either JC or Corbin will face Boyle next week.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_187004
(12-03-2020, 08:43 PM)cadets1988 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:34 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: next up for Boyle Co is the winner of Corbin and Johnson Central.  So lets discuss that.  RPI says Boyle and JC are about even.  and Boyle is a 3pt fav or Corbin.  Is this fair?  what i mean by fair is my assessment correct or how far off am I.

With Boyle 1, JC 2 and Corbin 3 in RPI...Boyle will not face either of these two until Kroger Field. Or so I understand.

It does look like that, but after this week’s games, all the teams are paired based off RPI. That’s how is separates the #1 seed from the #2/#3 winner.

They will change the brackets to adjust for the RPI after this week’s games.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55, toolaidback
(12-03-2020, 08:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 08:43 PM)cadets1988 Wrote:

It does look like that, but after this week’s games, all the teams are paired based off RPI. That’s how is separates the #1 seed from the #2/#3 winner.

They will change the brackets to adjust for the RPI after this week’s games.

I thought it cause 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 next week and RPI was set at the beginning of playoffs?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The 1/4 2/3 matchups where set at the end of the season for District play. Round 1 and 2 of the playoffs.

Round 3 all district champions are re-seeded by their final RPI ranking on the East and West side of the brackets. East- is Boyle, Johnson Central, Corbin, Rowan. West- Franklin Co, Hopkinsville, John Hardin, Allen Co. Scottsville.

Round 4 there is no East and west as all 4 remaining teams are seeded 1-2-3-4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Spud6