Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(6) Florida 34 Kentucky 10
Final

Time for us to put Joey or Beau in and let them play the remaining games on the year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Just like the two joker years, this offense is so pathetic i can’t believe they pay stoops and gran what they do. As usual UK has become the laughing stock. Last in offense again and all stoops can do is shake his head.
No offense no defense and plenty of mistakes.... one more, surely we can beat a South Carolina that players have left and others just quitting on the field.
The worst part about this game is we should have had a 10-7 lead going into halftime. But I literally turned to my wife when we called that timeout to get the ball back and told that we would find a way to go into the half down 14-10. Next thing the punter hits a beaut into the corner at the 1 yard line and we go quick 3 and out and Duffy doesn’t hit a Heisman caliber ball like we are so use to seeing him hit. And they run it back for a TD off a great fake reception.

What was Stoops thinking when he called TO’s and thought we could go down the field and score in 1:30? What has our offense showed this season to make him have that confidence. It was idiotic and every UK fan probably had that feeling I had thinking we’d find a way to screw it up and go into the half down.

Why do we not have a special teams coach? I still don’t understand that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 10:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote: The worst part about this game is we should have had a 10-7 lead going into halftime. But I literally turned to my wife when we called that timeout to get the ball back and told that we would find a way to go into the half down 14-10. Next thing the punter hits a beaut into the corner at the 1 yard line and we go quick 3 and out and Duffy doesn’t hit a Heisman caliber ball like we are so use to seeing him hit. And they run it back for a TD off a great fake reception.

What was Stoops thinking when he called TO’s and thought we could go down the field and score in 1:30? What has our offense showed this season to make him have that confidence. It was idiotic and every UK fan probably had that feeling I had thinking we’d find a way to screw it up and go into the half down.

Stoops said today he doesn’t regret not hiring a special teams coach after Hood left. He tried this before and failed. He must get that payday as well. I went looking today because everyone is blaming Gran for the offense. I’m sure he does share the blame but if you look at his history, whether at Cincinnati or at Florida state, he averaged over 300 passing and around 160 rushing per game. Stoops has to be hindering the offense because as he’s said, he loves the grind it out on the ground old school type of game. If he doesn’t get out of the way and let the offense run, he will have more than 2 decommits. No WR worth a crap is going to a D1 school to block every single play. He’s got freshman on the bench that have speed that could have been playing but no let’s stick with turnover Terry and whatever that is on the field every Saturday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gatewood transfers again after this season. Heck, put Beau Allen in and let him sling that big arm he has. Glad when this season is over, but then again, this line that was supposed to be one of the best in the country will be gone so back to the bottom. Well we are at the bottom, we rank last in offense in the sec behind Vandy. SMH.
Stoops needs to Go. He is Stubborn and won’t change his philosophy. He is the 15th highest paid college coach. Ky isn’t getting their money’s worth.
I'm not a huge Kentucky fan, but IMO Stoops is doing a good job after all, this is Kentucky not Alabama. I think he has taken Kentucky about as far as they are going to go. They will never be an Ohio State, Clemson, or Alabama. Kentucky is missing their usual FBS and MAC opponents this year that typically pad their record. It seems to me UK is a bit down this year compared to the last few years, but if he can have them in the lower half of the Top 25 year in and year out, he is doing a great job.
(11-29-2020, 10:19 AM)T-CATS Wrote: Stoops needs to Go. He is Stubborn and won’t change his philosophy. He is the 15th highest paid college coach. Ky isn’t getting their money’s worth.

To be the top 15 in salary.  We should continually be in the top 25 minimum in my opinion.
#BBFL
(11-29-2020, 01:30 AM)Demarcus ware Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 10:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote: The worst part about this game is we should have had a 10-7 lead going into halftime. But I literally turned to my wife when we called that timeout to get the ball back and told that we would find a way to go into the half down 14-10. Next thing the punter hits a beaut into the corner at the 1 yard line and we go quick 3 and out and Duffy doesn’t hit a Heisman caliber ball like we are so use to seeing him hit. And they run it back for a TD off a great fake reception.

Stoops said today he doesn’t regret not hiring a special teams coach after Hood left. He tried this before and failed. He must get that payday as well. I went looking today because everyone is blaming Gran for the offense. I’m sure he does share the blame but if you look at his history, whether at Cincinnati or at Florida state, he averaged over 300 passing and around 160 rushing per game. Stoops has to be hindering the offense because as he’s said, he loves the grind it out on the ground old school type of game. If he doesn’t get out of the way and let the offense run, he will have more than 2 decommits. No WR worth a crap is going to a D1 school to block every single play. He’s got freshman on the bench that have speed that could have been playing but no let’s stick with turnover Terry and whatever that is on the field every Saturday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gatewood transfers again after this season. Heck, put Beau Allen in and let him sling that big arm he has. Glad when this season is over, but then again, this line that was supposed to be one of the best in the country will be gone so back to the bottom. Well we are at the bottom, we rank last in offense in the sec behind Vandy. SMH.

I've always said that Stoops controls Gran. But Gran also doesn't have a QB, Terry is not any good and he's played good here and there when things are going well.  But if he has to do anything on his own with his arm then it's never good and when it is good we drop the ball. We stink offensively and always have under Stoops.
#BBFL

I know you're younger than me, but welcome to the club. I'd have to take my shoes off to count the number of times I've turned to my wife and said "we are getting ready to screw this up" when it pertains to UK football, and we proceed to then screw it up. Your Saturday example if perfect, because I knew, knew, knew that when we killed the clock to get the ball back in our own territory, somehow it would backfire. And the mental difference in going in up 10-7 having outplayed them for a half, versus going in down 14-10 AFTER you had outplayed them for a half, had to be devastating. We still may have lost, but second half would have at least been competitive.

Westside Wrote:I'm not a huge Kentucky fan, but IMO Stoops is doing a good job after all, this is Kentucky not Alabama.  I think he has taken Kentucky about as far as they are going to go.  They will never be an Ohio State, Clemson, or Alabama.  Kentucky is missing their usual FBS and MAC opponents this year that typically pad their record.  It seems to me UK is a bit down this year compared to the last few years, but if he can have them in the lower half of the Top 25 year in and year out, he is doing a great job.

This is fair, I think.  If we had been able to play a normal schedule, we would have gone 3-1 or 4-0 non-conference, plus we have already beaten three SEC teams that would have been on the schedule anyway. So we would have been 6-5 or 7-4 with South Carolina still to play.  8-4 with a win at Tennessee included would have been a perfectly acceptable year for me.
(11-30-2020, 08:14 AM)Van Hagar Wrote:

I know you're younger than me, but welcome to the club.  I'd have to take my shoes off to count the number of times I've turned to my wife and said "we are getting ready to screw this up" when it pertains to UK football, and we proceed to then screw it up.  Your Saturday example if perfect, because I knew, knew, knew that when we killed the clock to get the ball back in our own territory, somehow it would backfire.  And the mental difference in going in up 10-7 having outplayed them for a half, versus going in down 14-10 AFTER you had outplayed them for a half, had to be devastating.  We still may have lost, but second half would have at least been competitive.

Westside Wrote:I'm not a huge Kentucky fan, but IMO Stoops is doing a good job after all, this is Kentucky not Alabama.  I think he has taken Kentucky about as far as they are going to go.  They will never be an Ohio State, Clemson, or Alabama.  Kentucky is missing their usual FBS and MAC opponents this year that typically pad their record.  It seems to me UK is a bit down this year compared to the last few years, but if he can have them in the lower half of the Top 25 year in and year out, he is doing a great job.

This is fair, I think.  If we had been able to play a normal schedule, we would have gone 3-1 or 4-0 non-conference, plus we have already beaten three SEC teams that would have been on the schedule anyway. So we would have been 6-5 or 7-4 with South Carolina still to play.  8-4 with a win at Tennessee included would have been a perfectly acceptable year for me.

It wouldn’t have been for me because we still have the same question we always have every year. Are we going to get a passing offense to compliment our run game? Nothings changed
#BBFL