Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw have been fired
Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw  have been let go at UK. Come on down OC number 4 in 8 years.
KSR is reporting that both Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw have been fired and search has begun to find the replacements. Looking to open up the offense more.
Come on down OC #4
We saw this one coming. What if Stoops hires another OC that doesn’t produce either? Then we have to think about Stoops. I’ve always said he has his OC’s on a short leash and he’s some to blame for the offensive woes
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jax
This is going to make a lot of UK fans happy. I like the move. If you aren't trying to improve and move forward, you are moving backwards.
Problem is Stoops handcuffs these OCs. I really don’t believe 3 OCS with high octane offenses decides to ground and pound when they get to KY.
(12-06-2020, 05:02 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Problem is Stoops handcuffs these OCs. I really don’t believe 3 OCS with high octane offenses decides to ground and pound when they get to KY.

This is the exact same thing I’ve said. He’s brought in high octane OCs and then they get to UK and turn into Belfry
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-06-2020, 07:17 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 05:02 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Problem is Stoops handcuffs these OCs. I really don’t believe 3 OCS with high octane offenses decides to ground and pound when they get to KY.

This is the exact same thing I’ve said. He’s brought in high octane OCs and then they get to UK and turn into Belfry

Bahahahahaha
Stoops swears he don’t have time to interfere with the offense, i find that hard to believe from a head coach. He has to get this one right, and allow them to do their jobs. KSR put out a list this morning that could be options. There’s a few that stick out on that list that I’d love to see come but not sure it’ll happen. Also, financials won’t be a problem in hiring a new guy which sounds like they are willing to throw the money out there to attract the right guy.
One of the things I like about UK is their run game. I love the run game, especially when the quarterback lines up under center. I guess part of that comes from me playing line back in the day and actually playing for Chuke Williams for a year when we ran Oklahoma's version of the triple.option.
The way Stoops was talking it seems he’s looking for balanced offense so it wouldn’t surprise me if he finds a more pro style minded OC. Which i guess a lot has to do with the talent he has and will have to recruit for. He’s also looking in the nfl as well as other college teams.
(12-07-2020, 03:33 AM)Demarcus ware Wrote: The way Stoops was talking it seems he’s looking for balanced offense so it wouldn’t surprise me if he finds a more pro style minded OC. Which i guess a lot has to do with the talent he has and will have to recruit for. He’s also looking in the nfl as well as other college teams.

I think a pro style under center offense with the lineman we’ve had the last 4 years would have been perfect setup.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Westside
Stoops said about the OC search, that he wanted to score points, be explosive and be fun to watch.
(12-09-2020, 01:55 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: Stoops said about the OC search, that he wanted to score points, be explosive and be fun to watch.

This would be great!
#BBFL
Is Hal Mumme available? Just saying.
Kentucky needs to go back to the air raid and recruit some receivers. I love old school ground and pound but we need another Randall Cobb or Lynn Bowden, even a dicky lyions jr all great slots. We got two great QBs in Allan, and gatewood. Let's face it, to win in the SEC you gotta have a good pass offence. If stoops can get a guy to help bring in those big time receivers its over for the east. Wish they would bring back ole rich brooks as a OC. Now that would be cool. Brooks has back to back bowl wins over the all mighty Clemson. With a balanced offense and weapons KY can play with anybody in the country & I'll say it right to your face!
How do you play in a bowl game with the loss of these two coaches...
(12-13-2020, 01:21 AM)BlueSky Wrote: How do you play in a bowl game with the loss of these two coaches...

You give it to the QB coach and turn him loose and say let's have something to recruit with and pass none stop and run every now and then.
#BBFL