Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Tech 79 (20) Kentucky 62
Think when we hire a new offensive coordinator for football, we could go ahead and find one for basketball too? This is embarrassing. (72-55 at last media timeout as I type this).
Terrible....just terrible
This was pathetic
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
How does this get turned around? Most of you know these players more than I do. What needs to happen? When Spiders and Yellow Jackets are beating us by double digits, SOMETHING is badly amiss. I would have thought this would be a bounce back win.
CALs seat is getting warm. RUPPs rafters is ready to put for sale signs in his yard. If he doesn’t get this turned around it’s going to get UGLY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • jax
(12-06-2020, 09:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: How does this get turned around? Most of you know these players more than I do. What needs to happen? When Spiders and Yellow Jackets are beating us by double digits,  SOMETHING is badly amiss. I would have thought this would be a bounce back win.

Hire a coach not a recruiter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(12-06-2020, 09:54 PM)T-CATS Wrote: CALs seat is getting warm. RUPPs rafters is ready to put for sale signs in his yard. If he doesn’t get this turned around it’s going to get UGLY.

Cal has a lifetime contract and he just signed it. Mitch Barnhardt won’t get rid of him if we don’t win a game this year. His seat is so cold that his sliding off of it and he knows it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-06-2020, 09:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: How does this get turned around? Most of you know these players more than I do. What needs to happen? When Spiders and Yellow Jackets are beating us by double digits,  SOMETHING is badly amiss. I would have thought this would be a bounce back win.

I’m no basketball guru. But I honestly wouldn’t be able to tell you what needs to happen. I just don’t see anything in any of these players that would warrant any different thought.
#BBFL
(12-06-2020, 10:08 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:54 PM)T-CATS Wrote: CALs seat is getting warm. RUPPs rafters is ready to put for sale signs in his yard. If he doesn’t get this turned around it’s going to get UGLY.

Cal has a lifetime contract and he just signed it. Mitch Barnhardt won’t get rid of him if we don’t win a game this year. His seat is so cold that his sliding off of it and he knows it.
CAL will want out if this continues. He won’t be able to go anywhere without harassment from fans and not in a good way.
(12-06-2020, 10:19 PM)T-CATS Wrote:

CAL will want out if this continues. He won’t be able to go anywhere without harassment from fans and not in a good way.

Cal’s ego is untouchable in my opinion. But you might be right. He’s said so many times Kentucky has aged him more than he would’ve had he been anywhere else.
#BBFL
I think this boils down to Cal bet on the wrong horse in regards to the point guard position. Askew just isn't capable of running the point against high level competition right now. And Mintz should be a complementary piece and isn't who you want playing their 30 minutes a game. Askew should just be a high school senior this year after reclassifying and it has shown so far. If he doesn't get better this is a lost season. Here's all you need to know about our point guard play so far. For the year: UK has 47 assists and 73 turnovers through 4 games.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Granny Bear, T-CATS

I agree. Cal's not going anywhere until he WANTS to go.
(12-06-2020, 11:00 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: I think this boils down to Cal bet on the wrong horse in regards to the point guard position.  Askew just isn't capable of running the point against high level competition right now.  And Mintz should be a complementary piece and isn't who you want playing their 30 minutes a game.  Askew should just be a high school senior this year after reclassifying and it has shown so far.  If he doesn't get better this is a lost season.  Here's all you need to know about our point guard play so far.  For the year: UK has 47 assists and 73 turnovers through 4 games.

Askew definitely isn’t our PG right now and I’ve seen a lot of folks talking about making Clarke our point man going forward. I just don’t see how they would work because he’s our best opportunity for points or at least was against GT
#BBFL
The program is taking a big hit. These kids are young and green. Going to take a lot to turn this around... if the young players get too discouraged they will just not have the effort it takes to win in Division 1.... we also have lost our best recruiter, plus he had great rapport with the players.... they talked to him and most important he listened to them....
(12-07-2020, 12:56 AM)BlueSky Wrote: The program is taking a big hit.  These kids are young and green.  Going to take a lot to turn this around... if the young players get too discouraged they will just not have the effort it takes to win in Division 1.... we also have lost our best recruiter, plus he had great rapport with the players.... they talked to him and most important he listened to them....

*overreaction*
Kenny Payne may go down as the biggest loss in Kentucky basketball history
#BBFL
I really just dont know what to say, im slowly losing interest in ky basketball even if they dont win a game most will go to g league and then we are right back were we started. I'll probably still sit down and watch them but gosh dog one game their playing like world beaters in the first half of the Kansas game the second half they played down. Now they go into GT an blown out of the water. Smh
ya know it has gotten hard to continue to hear how young these teams are. All the youth isn't bringing championships. We need good hard nose players that have pride and want to wear the Kentucky uniform. The players over the last several years just don't care about the Ky uniform or what it means to us. I have never ever been a Cal fan. But i don't believe in him because his history has shown us he can't coach in big games. Im a Big Blue fan, born and raised. I just want players at UK that know what it means.

I miss the days where guys that i knew and played with and against wore the uniform. Give me Pelphrey, Dom Hawkins, Farmer, Feldhouse, Willis any day of the week. Who am i missing. Those guys left it on the floor. These cats today have no true appreciation for history
I totally agree. I won't be sad at all when Cal leaves.
(12-08-2020, 12:50 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: ya know it has gotten hard to continue to hear how young these teams are.  All the youth isn't bringing championships.  We need good hard nose players that have pride and want to wear the Kentucky uniform.  The players over the last several years just don't care about the Ky uniform or what it means to us.    I have never ever been a Cal fan.  But i don't believe in him because his history has shown us he can't coach in big games.  Im a Big Blue fan, born and raised.  I just want players at UK that know what it means.

I miss the days where guys that i knew and played with and against wore the uniform.  Give me Pelphrey, Dom Hawkins, Farmer, Feldhouse, Willis any day of the week.  Who am i missing.  Those guys left it on the floor.  These cats today have no true appreciation for history

And I think those things do matter. They may have not had quite the talent and athleticism of the more recent teams but those intangibles made up for what they lacked. I know I was a lot more interested in those days than I am now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jax