Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Andy Griffith Show... Any Other Fans Out There?
I've been watching this show pretty much from the time I exited my mother's womb.  Probably seen every episode at least a hundred times or more. There were 249 episodes, beginning with "The New Housekeeper," which originally aired  two years to the day before I was born.

Are there any other TAGS  fans here?   If so, do you have a favorite two or three episodes?    Black and white or color episodes best???
I grew up watching it with my grandpa but never really watched it after I got the opportunity to run the remote. But I still whistle the theme song randomly all the time.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I LOVE the black & white episodes.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I really like the show. I prefer the black and white episodes heat my favorite one was the color episode when Guber moves in with Andy and gets his telephone messages mixed. Andy ends up eating 3 spaghetti dinners in one night which I didn't see the issue with. I love spaghetti.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Granny Bear
I am also a fan of the show. Most of the best ones were in black and white, IMO. Don Knotts was born to play the Barney Fife role.

I also loved the Gomer Pyle, USMC spin-off.
(12-08-2020, 07:36 PM)Westside Wrote: I really like the show.  I prefer the black and white episodes heat my favorite one was the color episode when Guber moves in with Andy and gets his telephone messages  mixed.  Andy ends up eating 3 spaghetti dinners in one night which I didn't see the issue with.  I love spaghetti.

That's always been one of me and my sister's favorites. I think it one of the better color episodes.  I like  the episode when Andy was the home plate umpire of Opie's baseball game.

(12-08-2020, 08:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I am also a fan of the show. Most of the best ones were in black and white, IMO. Don Knotts was born to play the Barney Fife role.

The Gomer Pyle series was outstanding as well. I've seen everyone of those episodes as well.  Frank Sutton and Jim Nabors worked so well together in that show. Hoot, did you know that Frank Sutton(Sgt. Carter) was actually a sergeant in the United States Army? He served in WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.  A great actor and a true hero as well.
My favorite was the one where Andy and Helen get trapped in a cave and heroic Barney organizes a rescue. They get out on their own, but realize what Barney has done, so they go back inside and let him think he rescued them.
Also love the one where the big city cops think Andy is a doofus because he is letting the crooks row off in a boat. Opie knows what Andy is up to, because the boat has holes in the bottom. Loved it when Andy put the uppity ones in their place.
(12-08-2020, 08:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 07:36 PM)Westside Wrote: I really like the show.  I prefer the black and white episodes heat my favorite one was the color episode when Guber moves in with Andy and gets his telephone messages  mixed.  Andy ends up eating 3 spaghetti dinners in one night which I didn't see the issue with.  I love spaghetti.

That's always been one of me and my sister's favorites. I think it one of the better color episodes.  I like  the episode when Andy was the home plate umpire of Opie's baseball game.

(12-08-2020, 08:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I am also a fan of the show. Most of the best ones were in black and white, IMO. Don Knotts was born to play the Barney Fife role.

The Gomer Pyle series was outstanding as well. I've seen everyone of those episodes as well.  Frank Sutton and Jim Nabors worked so well together in that show. Hoot, did you know that Frank Sutton(Sgt. Carter) was actually a sergeant in the United States Army? He served in WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.  A great actor and a true hero as well.
I did not realize that Frank Sutton was an Army Sergeant. I agree that he and Jim Nabors worked great as a team.
An All Time Classic ( pre - color ) !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
The Pickle Story is listed among most TAGS faithful as a favorite episode. Aunt Bee's "kerosene cucumbers" had Andy and Barney in quite a pickle.

OREGANO

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Westside
(12-25-2020, 08:15 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

OREGANO

Big Grin

That episode was definitely one of the best color episodes. Andy had that look on his face like he wanted to kill Goober for getting Howard's and Helen's messages confused, leading to him having to eat three spaghetti dinners.
But the "secret" ingredient was common in all three recipes.

Classic!!!
(12-26-2020, 11:44 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: But the "secret" ingredient was common in all three recipes.

Classic!!!

Granny,  I like when Helen's uncle was telling Andy his sauce had a secret ingredient and Andy blurted out, matter of factly, "oregono."  Somewhat bewildered and disappointed, the uncle looked at Andy and asked , "How did you know?"  Andy responded quickly, "I guessed!"    Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
Andy Griffith , & the heat of the night.
My fondest memories of me an papaw turner. I still watch it! & people think I'm boring!
(01-08-2021, 12:00 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: Andy Griffith , & the heat of the night.
My fondest memories of me an papaw turner. I still watch it! & people think I'm boring!
Wasn't "Heat of the Night" the show where Carroll O'Connor(Archie Bunker) played a cop?  My grandparents loved that show.

I could spend a whole weekend doing nothing but fixing up some good food and watching The Andy Griffith Show .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Oledad92
(01-08-2021, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:00 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: Andy Griffith , & the heat of the night.
Wasn't "Heat of the Night" the show where Carroll O'Connor(Archie Bunker) played a cop?  My grandparents loved that show.

I could spend a whole weekend doing nothing but fixing up some good food and watching The Andy Griffith Show .
Yep that it! 
& I'm right there with ya, IMO todays youth needs more quality time with the elders watching Andy. Maybe they wouldn't feel so darn entitled. 
I really miss TV land