Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Coaching Changes!!
Wonder if there is going to be any Coaching Changes this off season?
Guarantee it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BobcatForever
Highlands is already searching for their next head coach.
Wayne County is ending a long successful era in that Coach Thompson is retiring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • BobcatForever
Someone called me little bit ago and ask me did i think Coach Hilton was done i don't know
(12-08-2020, 09:42 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Someone called me little bit ago and ask me did i think Coach Hilton was done i don't know

I don’t see it, I’m not sure what Bell has coming back but I’d be surprised. I can see two or three studs showing up during the off season and Bell being back at Kroger next year, I can’t see the grumpy ole *** just quitting without making a better run at it than he did last year

(12-08-2020, 06:56 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Highlands is already searching for their next head coach.

I’d pay Eddie James whatever he wanted
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • BobcatForever
Hope Your right Hounds
(12-08-2020, 11:06 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Hope Your right Hounds

You never know, never seen my ex-wife leaving a catch like me either
[-] The following 5 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Granny Bear, Hound05, Nygfan106wins, Westside
(12-08-2020, 09:51 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:42 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Someone called me little bit ago and ask me did i think Coach Hilton was done i don't know

I don’t see it, I’m not sure what Bell has coming back but I’d be surprised.  I can see two or three studs showing up during the off season and Bell being back at Kroger next year, I can’t see the grumpy ole *** just quitting without making a better run at it than he did last year

(12-08-2020, 06:56 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Highlands is already searching for their next head coach.

Quote:Who is that?
Madison Central is open as well.
Heard some noise Lynn Camp was considering replacing Coach Harris. That would be a mistake. He is a good football guy and a great mentor. Lynn Camp has struggled since knox Central went to one middle school and started playing middle school football. Knox Central has become competitive and Lynn Camp has had a lack of athletes. Corbin on the other side makes it difficult to keep their players.
South Laurel is open again. Good landing spot for Allen Harris
(12-09-2020, 03:58 AM)CityBoyBlues Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:51 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I don’t see it, I’m not sure what Bell has coming back but I’d be surprised.  I can see two or three studs showing up during the off season and Bell being back at Kroger next year, I can’t see the grumpy ole *** just quitting without making a better run at it than he did last year

Quote:Who is that?

Franklin Co head coach, with the right dc could be a home run hire
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • campbellfield
(12-09-2020, 11:03 AM)E's Army Wrote: South Laurel is open again. Good landing spot for Allen Harris

Thought they would try to Bowling from Great Crossings to come back home, I think he use to Coach there also, not for sure on that.
(12-09-2020, 11:22 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:03 AM)E's Army Wrote: South Laurel is open again. Good landing spot for Allen Harris

Thought they would try to Bowling from Great Crossings to come back home, I think he use to Coach there also, not for sure on that.
Nobody in their right mind would move from Georgetown and from his talent pool and facilities and admin who loves him to go to South Laurel with their admin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • campbellfield
Dudley ain't leaving until he gets 400 wins.
I’ve heard noise about Prestonsburg going after a new head coach. My personal opinion I believe the job openings this off season will be coaches wanting to leave verse being fired. I think this is a freebie for coaches on the hot seat because of everything that went on with Covid.
(12-09-2020, 11:29 AM)Iam4thecats Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:22 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Nobody in their right mind would move from Georgetown and from his talent pool and facilities and admin who loves him to go to South Laurel with their admin.

Talent pool not as big as some think, but i get it. didnt know it was that bad at SL.

I hear this every year, but I heard it this year from a reliable source. So I asked a parent of one of the players who is a good friend of mine, and she didn't know either. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever
Berea HS Head football job is open now.
(12-09-2020, 01:54 PM)Tyler1 Wrote: Berea HS Head football job is open now.

It is but it isn't, very complicated and silly situation. Last year, before Covid hit, they never went through an official hiring process with Coach Degregerio. Now the season has ended, and they want to reopen the position to go through an official process. Coach Degregerio has not been fired and has not stepped down, just a process.

Isnt Wayne Mills gonna take the SL job? Am I the only one thats heard that? I thought it was pretty much a sure thing....
(12-09-2020, 02:06 PM)bball_fan Wrote:

It is but it isn't, very complicated and silly situation. Last year, before Covid hit, they never went through an official hiring process with Coach Degregerio. Now the season has ended, and they want to reopen the position to go through an official process. Coach Degregerio has not been fired and has not stepped down, just a process.
It was posted on the list serve as an open job and they were taking applicants.
(12-09-2020, 02:46 PM)ironfist13 Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 02:06 PM)bball_fan Wrote:

It was posted on the list serve as an open job and they were taking applicants.
I know it is, and I am explaining why it is. Trust me, you do not get closer to a program than I do without being staff. Yes, it is possible they go through the process and hire someone new but Coach Degregerio has not been fired or removed. Most people at Berea fought for him to be the coach last season and knew the youth and inexperience of last season's team was coming regardless of the coach.
(12-09-2020, 11:44 AM)Oleballcoach Wrote: I’ve heard noise about Prestonsburg going after a new head coach. My personal opinion I believe the job openings this off season will be coaches wanting to leave verse being fired. I think this is a freebie for coaches on the hot seat because of everything that went on with Covid.

Noise is likely coming from those who aren’t looking at things correctly either or they’re out of touch.

Hard to win and compete considering the hit Prestonsburg football took before Brewer was ever hired. Basically an entire football team transferred out and is now more than likely the favorite to win state this season in class A. No fault to those families that moved their kids, they done what they thought was best and it’s been paying off.

Prestonsburg lost support from life long Blackcat supporters that now have fully backed another school and town. Some have moved there and even started businesses there as well.

Folks need to be patient.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Red and Black
(12-09-2020, 07:12 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:44 AM)Oleballcoach Wrote: I’ve heard noise about Prestonsburg going after a new head coach. My personal opinion I believe the job openings this off season will be coaches wanting to leave verse being fired. I think this is a freebie for coaches on the hot seat because of everything that went on with Covid.

Noise is likely coming from those who aren’t looking at things correctly either or they’re out of touch.

Hard to win and compete considering the hit Prestonsburg football took before Brewer was ever hired. Basically an entire football team transferred out and is now more than likely the favorite to win state this season in class A. No fault to those families that moved their kids, they done what they thought was best and it’s been paying off.

Prestonsburg lost support from life long Blackcat supporters that now have fully backed another school and town. Some have moved there and even started businesses there as well.

Folks need to be patient.

Rome wasn't built in a day!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Your Right Spud takes time
Help is coming Blackcat. Just be patient. In 2 or 3 years Prestonsburg will put a team on the field that your very proud of....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Budsqueezer's post:
  • BobcatForever
Edmonson Co. is open
Mark Scenters, the head coach at Garrard County the last several seasons, has accepted the head coaching job at Madison Central.