Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Coaching Changes!!
(01-07-2021, 04:29 PM)LaFlamaBlanca Wrote: Sounds like Johnson Central might be looking for a new coach here shortly....

Man that’s just wrong, if you know more come on with it, this is like eating a triple cheeseburger and drinking a peanut butter shake in front of a fat boy...
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Louisville Trinity is open.
(01-07-2021, 08:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 04:29 PM)LaFlamaBlanca Wrote: Sounds like Johnson Central might be looking for a new coach here shortly....

Man that’s just wrong, if you know more come on with it, this is like eating a triple cheeseburger and drinking a peanut butter shake in front of a fat boy...

Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like LaFlamaBlanca's post:
  • JustThinking, TD Hounds
Heard some big time rumors about the future of Betsy Layne at the All A!
(01-14-2021, 12:13 AM)ACRebels11 Wrote: Heard some big time rumors about the future of Betsy Layne at the All A!

What did you hear?
I think its strange people get on here and say they "heard" this or "sounds like" that but for whatever reason they never feel the need to share what exactly what it was.
(01-14-2021, 04:00 PM)clipperw Wrote: I think its strange people get on here and say they "heard" this or "sounds like" that but for whatever reason they never feel the need to share what exactly what it was.

I don't know about other people on here but when I say I heard something, I say what I heard.

I know there are some people who like to play the game of "I know something you don't know," but I ain't one of em. If you know something, say it. If you know something and you're asked not to tell anyone, be a grownup and don't tell anyone.
[-] The following 3 users Like TheOracle's post:
  • Iam4thecats, TD Hounds, Westside
(01-14-2021, 11:27 PM)TheOracle Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 04:00 PM)clipperw Wrote: I think its strange people get on here and say they "heard" this or "sounds like" that but for whatever reason they never feel the need to share what exactly what it was.

I don't know about other people on here but when I say I heard something, I say what I heard.

I know there are some people who like to play the game of "I know something you don't know," but I ain't one of em. If you know something, say it. If you know something and you're asked not to tell anyone, be a grownup and don't tell anyone.

Its too bad more dont subscribe to your way of thinking. Its nice to speculate and discuss things but nothing more annoying than playing the game you described.
(01-14-2021, 12:49 AM)Westside Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:13 AM)ACRebels11 Wrote: Heard some big time rumors about the future of Betsy Layne at the All A!

What did you hear?
Looking to take McCoy out and put back in Coach Parsons or insert Jarred Jarrell with a staff of former players from all around the county some with college experience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ACRebels11's post:
  • Westside
(01-16-2021, 09:56 PM)ACRebels11 Wrote:

What did you hear?
Looking to take McCoy out and put back in Coach Parsons or insert Jarred Jarrell with a staff of former players from all around the county some with college experience.

I'd love to see Red Parsons take the Betsy Layne job again if it does come open. Speaking of former players, he may not have college experience but Dylan Hamilton would be a great addition to the Bobcat staff if it was able to work out. Those two alone bleed enough Bobcat Blue to really get that program going again. Hope the best for Betsy Layne.

What did you hear?

who is jarrd jarrell?
(01-17-2021, 02:17 AM)Real Badman Wrote:

What did you hear?

who is jarrd jarrell?

Middle school coach. Played QB at Prestonsburg and then at UPIKE for a couple season
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Would Red even have time to Coach? Looks like Jared would be more comfortable at Prestonsburg. He chose to play there instead of Betsy Layne.

Where is Matney going?
(01-17-2021, 10:24 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

What did you hear?

who is jarrd jarrell?

Middle school coach. Played QB at Prestonsburg and then at UPIKE for a couple season
I’ve seemed to notice another Pburg and UPike guy pop up watching Betsy Layne. Big Harley Quinlin.
(01-17-2021, 04:08 PM)ACRebels11 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:24 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:49 AM)Westside Wrote: What did you hear?

who is jarrd jarrell?

I’ve seemed to notice another Pburg and UPike guy pop up watching Betsy Layne. Big Harley Quinlin.

That's what concerns me.  We have had coaches from Prestonsburg is Betsy Layne as a stepping stone in the past.  The program doesn't need that.  There are enough former Bobcats with as much football knowledge and much more Bobcat passion to fill that position, if it does indeed open up.
(01-17-2021, 03:42 PM)Corbin Wrote:

Where is Matney going?

I would think if he's going anywhere from JC, it'll more than likely to be going into retirement. He's 61 years old. I'm pretty sure his son Dalton is coming up on his high school years too. Wonder if Jim is getting to the point where he's considering spending time in the stands watching his son instead of on the sideline.
If Matney were to retire who would be on JC's shortlist?
Trimble Co. Hired JP Dale of Scott HS. Per Facebook

What did you hear?

Betsy Layne had their shot of building a program under Red, but he was more worried about wins than playing teams that made his teams better. Don't believe me, go back and look at the schedule from those years. The best team they played every year was PBurg, and there was a big jump from the second toughest game to PBurg in terms of talent. Going back to Red might get you a few wins here and there, but will not answer the problem at BL. Need a coach who can come in, develop talent, compete against talented teams and win games in which they are under dogs.

Berea has hired Frank Parks, Jr to be their new head coach. Former head coach at Bryan Station for eight seasons and assistant at Madison Central.
(01-21-2021, 10:22 PM)Budsqueezer Wrote: If Matney were to retire who would be on JC's shortlist?

Color me shocked if Matney goes anywhere,
(01-21-2021, 10:22 PM)Budsqueezer Wrote: If Matney were to retire who would be on JC's shortlist?
I would say whether it was Matney or Haywood either one retiring, the chances of an internal hire for their replacement are the odds on bet to almost carved in stone.

Both programs are built from the feeder school up to match a system already in place with coaches who know that system. Plus I am sure if either HC retired they would have a say in who they want extending their legacy and both men are very loyal to their current staffs.

If the next coach lost control of the reigns then you might start seeing external change... but I will say there is 99% chance your replacement at either school in the event of retirement is already coaching on the respective staffs.
I heard a rumor that Harold Davis the HC at Louisville DeSales is going to Louisville Butler High School. If this is true, this is a big loss for DeSales and Butler just got a steal for a head coach. Wonder whats going on at DeSales? Being a hugh DeSales fan I am concerned. Has anyone else heard about this?
maybe a retirement deal.
Matney has at least 2 more rings to win
I heard the Boyd Co. Head Coaching Job is open? The lions had made marked improvements last year!!
What about the fact that Madison Southern has lost a huge portion of their successful staff to Madison Central. The only reason I bring this up is because the Head Coach at Southern was telling people he was offered our job at Clark County which is NOT TRUE! After some digging he’s lost 14 coaches the last 3 years...that kinda news usually comes back to bite you!