IfItDoesntMatchAnyMedia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Earth
Is there anyone out there considered themselves a "Flat Earther" ?   I have come across quite a few of them online(you Tube, especially). I  wonder if they deep down really believe what they espouse or if it's just a case of wanting to grab some attention or just argue for the sake of arguing. They seem pretty passionate about their views.  It seems like religious beliefs also play a role in Flat-Earthers model of a  Pancake-shaped home planet. I guess a round Earth and an ever-expanding Universe that is 13.8 billion years old  doesn't subscribe to their religious model. 

What do you all think of the Flat Earth argument and their belief in a big conspiracy among NASA and  other scientists that want to keep us ignorant of the "Truth"?

I appreciate your thoughts.
I would estimate there is around 70 million of them if you went by the results of the election
(12-14-2020, 02:39 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I would estimate there is around 70 million of them if you went by the results of the election

I would say you are SPOT ON .
I think the thought/belief of a flat earth is asinine. But it's entirely up to the individual as to what they believe.

I don't know why but oftentimes, the crazier the belief, the more intense the passion.
(12-18-2020, 08:12 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I think the thought/belief of a flat earth is asinine.  But it's entirely up to the individual as to what they believe.

I don't know why but oftentimes, the crazier the belief, the more intense the passion.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced you are exactly right. I want to ponder on this some more.