Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Debut Albums of All-Time !!!
What , in your opinion , is the best debut album  in  rock history ?  Often a band or artist  will come onto the scene and after a few releases maybe hit it big with that monster record. Less often, a band will debut with a mega-record that becomes one of the best of all-time.

I have a clear favorite as far as the best debut album in history. I was 14 years old when this record hit the stores. Every single song on this album is a killer tune. If I'm not mistaken every song on the album got airplay on the radio. I believe it sold around 17 million copies.

In 1976,   Tom Scholz, Brad Delp, Fran Sheehan , Barry Goudreau , and "Sib" Hashian released their self-titled debut album .  This is one of those records that I like to turn the volume way up and just cruise down the highway  and let my mind go back to the mid-70's and the bicentennial  year.  Not only is there is not a bad song on the album,  every tune is a gem !

Friends... my vote for the best debut album of all time...   "BOSTON "   !

* More Than a Feeling

*Peace of Mind

*Foreplay/Long Time

*Rock  and Roll Band

*Smokin

*Hitch a Ride

*Something About You

*Let Me Take You Home Tonight

As soon as I saw the thread title, before I read your post, my first reaction was ‘Boston.’ You and I are almost exactly the same age, so we will have a lot of the same references, and man that was a killer album! The only other one I can think of off the top of my head as a contender was Van Halen’s debut album, because as soon as you heard Eddie play, you knew the world had changed.

Oops! How could I forget? ‘Appetite for Destruction’ by Guns and Roses. ‘Paradise City’, ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, ‘Sweet Child o’Mine,’ ‘Mr. Brownstone,’ ‘Night Train’. Killer, killer, killer. For me, might have to give them a nose in front of the two I previously mentioned. But so close.
Classic Boston +  Sharapova  =  Perfection

Heck,  you don't even have to be a tennis fan to appreciate... lol

They could have played the chipmunks Christmas song in that spot, and it still would have been enjoyable.
(12-12-2020, 05:33 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: They could have played the chipmunks Christmas song in that spot, and it still would have been enjoyable.

Truer words never spoken, VH.    Big Grin