Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Mr. Football Candidates?
Who are some the top players for this year
I know that Shawn Grim of Johnson Central and Cole from Somerset are 2 of the names mentioned.
My vote would be for Shawn Grim of Johnson Central.
If they would ever look at Magoffin for Mr. Football, Jordan Howard wouldn't be a bad choice.
CraftCreeker Wrote:If they would ever look at Magoffin for Mr. Football, Jordan Howard wouldn't be a bad choice.
:what: He may be good, but not Mr. Football good.
Adam Dials. Blew me away as a sophomore.

That RB from Pikeville, Harmon I think's his name.

Those are the 2 best I've seen myself. I can talk more about the kid from JCHS at the end of the season.
Grimm from JC
Panther Thunder Wrote::what: He may be good, but not Mr. Football good.

Your right, I would just like to see Magoffin get it once lol
People no one from Eastern Ky will get it this year ! No one there on a level with some of the other guys in the state
Sarrr Wrote:Adam Dials. Blew me away as a sophomore.

That RB from Pikeville, Harmon I think's his name.

Those are the 2 best I've seen myself. I can talk more about the kid from JCHS at the end of the season.
Don't you have to be a senoir?
I would go with Aaron Boyd of Henry Clay, brother of Shane Boyd and is a Monster on jump balls. He is being recruited by the likes of Miami.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Don't you have to be a senoir?

Well dials is a senoir so with the way he is playing i think he could get it
Tyler Jones of Russell is one of the best players in the state. He has been in the shadow of Kasey Clark the last couple of years but you would be hard pressed to find a better all around football player.
well i dont really kno about this kind of stuff but u kno i thought u had to be a senior to mr.football
biggeneral62 Wrote:well i dont really kno about this kind of stuff but u kno i thought u had to be a senior to mr.football
You do.
I do not think we will have a Mr. Football from this area. We just don't get the coverage down here like they do in the Nortern, Western, and Central part of the state. From what I have seen personally, I think John Cole is hands down the best in this area.
Another Asssist Wrote:People no one from Eastern Ky will get it this year ! No one there on a level with some of the other guys in the state
WOW! way to show some pride...If no one is on the same level how does belfry go so deep every year? How has ashland grown such a deep tradition? My friend it wasnt luck it was because the moutains have great players...You may not have any faith in the moutains but i do and im sure im not the only one...the teams in the north dont deserve a mister football because they get the players from cincinatti and the Louisville powerhouses recruit and build unbelieveable teams...teams from the moutains take a load of backwood bandits and make great players...YES the moutains deserves a mister football and YES we are competitive state wide:mad:
Adam Dials
brotherinarms Wrote:WOW! way to show some pride...If no one is on the same level how does belfry go so deep every year? How has ashland grown such a deep tradition? My friend it wasnt luck it was because the moutains have great players...You may not have any faith in the moutains but i do and im sure im not the only one...the teams in the north dont deserve a mister football because they get the players from cincinatti and the Louisville powerhouses recruit and build unbelieveable teams...teams from the moutains take a load of backwood bandits and make great players...YES the moutains deserves a mister football and YES we are competitive state wide:mad:
Very well said. I'd like to see some central and western teams come to the mountains battle it out with the best. Teams like Russell and Belfry would definitely give them a challenge.
I would say that Tyler Jones, has to be an all around player.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Another Asssist Wrote:People no one from Eastern Ky will get it this year ! No one there on a level with some of the other guys in the state
Ask cov cath if Grim is on their level. He ran for over 200 yards against them last year in the state semi's.
i think Dakota Brock #12 for Letcher Central wouldnt be to bad for Mr. Football. but a school like LCC would never get love unless they go far.
Grim from JC. Does anyone actually know where you can find a list of potential candidates or will that not be released until the end of the season? It would be nice to have like a Mr. Football watch something similar to the Heisman or the Butkus award watch list.
The players in the eastern part of the state does not get the news coverage that other areas get so we are always out of the loop when it comes to Mr. FOOTBALL every year. You have to travel to central or western KY most of the year to even be thought of for the award, IS IT RIGHT? HECK NO!!!!!!, but it is the truth. So one of these days we may have someone win it from around here, but until then just APPRECIATE the state championships that the EASTERN part wins over the rest of the state. If by some chance that it does come around this year my money would be on GRIM from JC(sorry DEVIL faithfuls) but from what I have read he has the best chance.
Dials ... In 3 games he has 922 yards with 14td
Folks, look at Johnson Centrals schedule. Look at who is in their district. They are gonna get plenty of news coverage this year and if Shawn Grimm puts up the same kinda numbers he did last year, don't be suprised if he is a finalist.
Right now (this is just my opinion):
1. EJ Fields, Athlete, Frankfort- Kid has narrowed his recruiting list to Wisconsin and Kentucky. Mainly plays QB, but also runs the ball, cacthes the ball, and may eb the fastest player in the state.

2. Dexter Heyman, DL, Male- Also a major D-1 prospect, he anchors the Male defense.

3. John Cole, WR, Somerset- At the start of the season he would be my #1, but the lack of someone to get him the ball and Somerset's struggles knocked him down my list. Still, D-1 signee, on pace to break numerous receiving records.

4. Shawn Grimm, HB, Johnson Central- With JC's increase in passing ability Grimm's numbers haven't been as eye popping, but nonetheless he continues to get the job done. For Grimm to have nay chance the Eagles must win their district and Grimm must have a huge performance against Lou. Central and Belfry.

5. Adam Dials, HB, Sheldon Clark- At season's beginning I wouldn't have him even in a Top 15... but what this kid has done the past three games is nothing short of amazing. He has single handidly carried SC on his back. For Dials to have any shot whatsoever though, the Cards have to beat Bell County and win the district title over Belfry, and SC must make a run to the Carpet.
Grim can win it. I think he is the only one from this part of the state that can. They play such a good schedule, he will get a lot of exposure.
what about the isreal kid from lexcath.
FBALL Wrote:Tyler Jones of Russell is one of the best players in the state. He has been in the shadow of Kasey Clark the last couple of years but you would be hard pressed to find a better all around football player.

Tyler is currently leading the team in:

Rushing yards-363
Passing yards-237
Touchdowns-7
Scoring-42
Tackles-40
All purpose yards-363

Not to shabby for your starting QB.