Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Boyle County 31 Franklin County 28 (OT) (4A Championship)
(12-19-2020, 08:10 PM)BEChargers Wrote: It was tough watching the Franklin kids after the game.  Told a couple of people a day or two before the game that Franklin kinda seemed destined this year.  Just had that feeling.  I wondered if the game at Johnson Central might have taken a toll on FC having to play 3 BIG games back to back to back and I didn't see any evidence of that at all.  Man what a game !
It’s never an easy task to win games at Johnson Central. They have good coaches and dang good football players.
I knew going in that Franklin County had a really good football team. Beating Louisville Central 42-6 in Louisville and then back that up to stop a winning streak that Johnson Central had with a 20-12 win ,that they where the real deal. Playing 2 really physical games on the road, It did look like the Flyers may have been a little gassed in the second half.

Not sure about who they replace at quarterback next season but who ever that is has some big shoes to fill. If the new QB is half as good as Broyles Franklin County should be the favorite for next year with all they have coming back. #3 Peyton Ledford is a beast and expect offers to be coming! #44 Blair Tate was as good as any LB I've seen this year.
Boyle County has 12 returning players that are very, very good along with another good JV team that will step right in without missing a beat. Yes, they have some big shoes to fill just as they did last year. Don't go to sleep on the Rebels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Congrats BC, personally I thought Broyles was the best QB In all games.
(12-20-2020, 12:27 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I knew going in that Franklin County had a really good football team. Beating Louisville Central 42-6 in Louisville and then back that up to stop a winning streak that Johnson Central had with a 20-12 win ,that they where the real deal. Playing 2 really physical games on the road, It did look like the Flyers may have been a little gassed in the second half.

Not sure about who they replace at quarterback next season but who ever that is has some big shoes to fill. If the new QB is half as good as Broyles Franklin County should be the favorite for next year with all they have coming back. #3 Peyton Ledford is a beast and expect offers to be coming! #44 Blair Tate was as good as any LB I've seen this year.

Broyles has a younger brother who is a freshman and is a qb. Not sure if he will step into the starting job but we might see another Broyles for the next 3 years.
I have attended all 11 of Boyle’s state championship games and half of Danville’s state championship games and I’ll have to say that this was by far the worst officiated title game that I ever witnessed.
Only going to get worse with the current situation with officials and losing more and more each year.

We are close now to not having enough to complete the first round of playoff games.
(12-20-2020, 10:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Only going to get worse with the current situation with officials and losing more and more each year. 

We  are close now to not having enough to complete the first round of playoff games.

I don’t normally comment on officials but Friday night was a travesty.  Blown call in overtime almost changed the outcome of the game if not for Luke’s deflection the next play.  

I heard the side judge with my own ears say “but Coach he still made the tackle” on a hold during a kickoff return.  He refused to throw the flag.  Holding is holding.  Just because you still make the play doesn’t forgive the hold.  There are other things to comment on but my point is for a State Championship game the best of the best only need to be there and that certainly was not the case Friday night.  

Question.  Are the state championship officials a crew that’s been together all season or are they all together for the first time?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-21-2020, 12:03 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Only going to get worse with the current situation with officials and losing more and more each year. 

We  are close now to not having enough to complete the first round of playoff games.

I don’t normally comment on officials but Friday night was a travesty.  Blown call in overtime almost changed the outcome of the game if not for Luke’s deflection the next play.  

I heard the side judge with my own ears say “but Coach he still made the tackle” on a hold during a kickoff return.  He refused to throw the flag.  Holding is holding.  Just because you still make the play doesn’t forgive the hold.  There are other things to comment on but my point is for a State Championship game the best of the best only need to be there and that certainly was not the case Friday night.  

Question.  Are the state championship officials a crew that’s been together all season or are they all together for the first time?

Was told by the Referee of the Semi Final game against Hoptown that they were a split crew and that the finals crew would be made up of two different crews as well.
https://fb.watch/2zjlulm2U9/

Boyle's championship video on the game. At 1:39 is a very interesting clip on the next to last play of the game.
(12-23-2020, 04:02 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: https://fb.watch/2zjlulm2U9/ 

Boyle's championship video on the game.  At 1:39 is a very interesting clip on the next to last play of the game.

As Steve Bertram said, "Only 14 eyes didn't see that ball hit the ground and they were all wearing stripes."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Rebel55
(12-23-2020, 04:22 PM)Hatz Wrote: As Steve Bertram said, "Only 14 eyes didn't see that ball hit the ground and they were all wearing stripes."

What puzzles me on this is how did they determine it was a catch?  It plainly was not a catch, so no official saw it as a catch, only assumed. It was not even close and I didn't need a replay to prove it to me.
I know the game is over. These Boyle kids won the game in spite of what happened with the officiating against a very good FC team. With that being said there is no excuse for this crew to miss a call like the pass hitting the ground. The holding call on the TD pass that Luke Sheperson caught. The kid they called the penalty on made a perfect block. This has been reviewed twenty times. No hold. On the QB sneak by Gillis later in the game . It is very clear that he crossed the goal line and this has been reviewed 20 times. How can these missed calls happen in a championship game? Please don't blame this on not having enough officials. Something needs to be done to insure that the kids on the field determine who wins the game not some inept or biased official.
[-] The following 2 users Like back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(12-23-2020, 07:56 PM)back country Wrote: I know the game is over. These Boyle kids won the game in spite of what happened with the officiating against a very good FC team. With that being said there is no excuse for this crew to miss a call like the pass hitting the ground. The holding call on the TD pass that Luke Sheperson caught. The kid they called the penalty on made a perfect block. This has been reviewed twenty times. No hold. On the QB sneak by Gillis later in the game . It is very clear that he crossed the goal line and this has been reviewed 20 times. How can these missed calls happen in a championship game? Please don't blame this on not having enough officials. Something needs to be done to insure that the kids on the field determine who wins the game not some inept or biased official.

Have you watched the two point conversation that Central didn’t get in 2018, the kid was down at the 5 yard line, it’s more than just being inept...
Yo....  you won the game.. just enjoy it. This was a great game with two good teams.  FC didn't make the Plays to win, Boyle did... but get over the officiating.  There were plenty of things that could have went either way...kids in Boyle county are capable of holding... and your qb sprung up like a jack rabbit on the sneak... forward son.... forward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Hogs02
(12-23-2020, 07:56 PM)back country Wrote: I know the game is over. These Boyle kids won the game in spite of what happened with the officiating against a very good FC team. With that being said there is no excuse for this crew to miss a call like the pass hitting the ground. The holding call on the TD pass that Luke Sheperson caught. The kid they called the penalty on made a perfect block. This has been reviewed twenty times. No hold. On the QB sneak by Gillis later in the game . It is very clear that he crossed the goal line and this has been reviewed 20 times. How can these missed calls happen in a championship game?  Please don't blame this on not having enough officials.  Something needs to be done to insure that the kids on the field determine who wins the game not some inept or biased official.

You are spot on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
Conspicuous lack of congratulations from a couple of our bigger fan groups on this site......classy as always I guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
Congrats BOCO
[-] The following 1 user Likes GLion12's post:
  • Hatz
(12-29-2020, 11:09 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Conspicuous lack of congratulations from a couple of our bigger fan groups on this site......classy as always I guess.

@ them. Bring the tea
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • FootballFan1999