Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63
Kentucky falls to.1-5.
Louisville lost by 37 to Wisconsin today. Next week may be the least anticipated UK-U of L game in the history of the series.
This is by far the worst start ever. Just to put into perspective for y'all. The last time our Kentucky wildcats started the season 1-5 was 1926 before Rupp even appeared. Thats insane! Long before any of us was even a sperm cell in our daddies sack. Kentucky has built its foundation off of us the fans. 2020 has been a pain in the ass to all of us. These guys gotta want it in practice and in real games through this pandemic, because that's all it really is "practice atmosphere" their lazy and careless and it shows. Their kids! Hell we've all been lazy in practice back in the day. Its a mind set. Cal knows that I'm telling you right now this is the squad that will be bigger then 2012. If they stick together I just hope this pandemic ends soon. Once they all hear go big blue from the stands and the blue collars hollering out of intimidation its a wrap. Its going ti be nuts to faces. all about mind over matter, with kids and a pandemic its obvious. I look forward to seeing a platoon 2 in the next few years. Those 40-0 dreams ain't dead yet Baby. Ya just gotta look at it!
Are there other problems besides making shots, ball security, and setting sound screens? Morale issues? Fletcher could be seen throwing a hissy fit on the bench with four minutes left and KY still within reach. Terrence Clarke fouls out with a minute to go and walks off the court and away from his team faster than he walks up the court during a game. Goose Givens and Rick Robey are too old to help. Something better get fixed in a hurry. The problem may be more than basketball. Why did Keion Brooks do the postgame presser instead of the players who played in the game? They not willing to show a little maturity to answer a few questions instead of pouting . Odd indeed...
(12-19-2020, 09:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Are there other problems besides  making shots,  ball security, and setting sound screens?  Morale issues?    Fletcher could be seen throwing a hissy fit on the bench with four minutes left and KY still within reach.  Terrence Clarke fouls out with a minute to go  and walks off the court and away from his team faster than he walks up the court during a game.  Goose Givens  and Rick Robey are too old to help. Something better get fixed in a hurry. The problem may be more than basketball.  Why did Keion Brooks do the  postgame presser instead of the players who played in the game?  They not willing to show a little maturity to answer a few questions instead of pouting . Odd indeed...
That's a really good perspective. The situation is clearly bigger then basketball even with the loss of Kenny payne. I seriously think its a mind set for these guys because we see it in different games. They looked like world beaters against Kansas in first half then they fall off grid and drop to 1-5. If cal can't get these players to play with the salary Kentucky is paying him my feelings will not be hurt if they let him go but if this pandemic is gone and we feel the stands again with the big blue faithful its hard to say that these kids won't play to their full potential. Jackson and topping are going to be two bad dudes down low. Right now they ain't got no confidence that's it. They play sloppy because they can't get motivated and duke is another prime example.
This team could just careless if they are here or not. They walk back on defense and show no effort. Boston make be the worst excuse for a Kentucky recruit in history. Plays 1 on 1 basketball and doesn’t do anything to help his team win. We got a bunch of me guys besides maybe Mintz and the rest is just there waiting for a spot on a NBA team. I got some news for them. There isn’t a player on our team that will play a minute more than me in the NBA. They all suck and are a pitiful excuse to wear the Kentucky jersey and represent the brand.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-20-2020, 02:01 AM)Spud6 Wrote: This team could just careless if they are here or not. They walk back on defense and show no effort. Boston make be the worst excuse for a Kentucky recruit in history. Plays 1 on 1 basketball and doesn’t do anything to help his team win. We got a bunch of me guys besides maybe Mintz and the rest is just there waiting for a spot on a NBA team. I got some news for them. There isn’t a player on our team that will play a minute more than me in the NBA. They all suck and are a pitiful excuse to wear the Kentucky jersey and represent the brand.

I am all for competing to get the best talent available but if this is the kind of product that is going to be the result of capturing that great one and done talent, I'd just as soon get some home state guys and some guys who will be here for three or four years and will play their asses off with heart and passion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jax
I never thought this would happen but I have lost interest in Kentucky basketball. It's not just because we're 1-5, it's been gradually happening in the last few years. I am SICK of one-and-dones!! Cal's ego has gotten to be too much for me.
(12-20-2020, 10:04 AM)jax Wrote: I never thought this would happen but I have lost interest in Kentucky basketball. It's not just because we're  1-5, it's been gradually happening in the last few years. I am SICK of one-and-dones!! Cal's ego has gotten to be too much for me.

I thought at first maybe I was the only UK fan that had become lukewarm over the past few years but it seems I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I still root for the Cats but I'm just not as excited or passionate as I used to be. There are whole segments of games now that will find myself occupied with doing something else. There was a time when I wouldn't miss a single possession in a game. I truly think there is some kind of "one and done fatigue" that has set in. As you said, it is not because this team is 1-5, it is more that guys nowadays seem to be just going through the motions of getting to the next level and not really playing with the passion and heart of someone who grew up dreaming of being a Kentucky Wildcat . 

I can remember having so much fun watching Farmer , Pelphrey, Feldhaus, and Woods, even when they were just winning every other game or so. They played so hard and you could tell what the name on that jersey meant to them.  Whether it was the Unforgettables  or guys like  Anthony Epps, Scott Padgett, Cameron Mills, Travis Ford,  Jack Givens, James  Lee , Dirk Minnefield, or Jimmy Dan Conner , these guys just seemed to play with a different kind of purpose. I miss those days. I miss being excited about UK basketball .

Maybe its just me getting older and being sentimental about the past. But I really do believe there has been a change in the way a lot of these players go about their jobs of playing the game. Fundamentals are sorely lacking in today's one and done athlete. They seem to have a tunnel vision and that limited perspective seems to be focused upon getting to the next level, whether that level is the NBA, the D-League, G-league , or X , Y , and Z-League.  A lot of the fun is being sapped from the game that I grew up being such a fan of.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • jax, Oledad92
(12-20-2020, 03:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:04 AM)jax Wrote: I never thought this would happen but I have lost interest in Kentucky basketball. It's not just because we're  1-5, it's been gradually happening in the last few years. I am SICK of one-and-dones!! Cal's ego has gotten to be too much for me.

I thought at first maybe I was the only UK fan that had become lukewarm over the past few years but it seems I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I still root for the Cats but I'm just not as excited or passionate as I used to be. There are whole segments of games now that will find myself occupied with doing something else. There was a time when I wouldn't miss a single possession in a game. I truly think there is some kind of "one and done fatigue" that has set in. As you said, it is not because this team is 1-5, it is more that guys nowadays seem to be just going through the motions of getting to the next level and not really playing with the passion and heart of someone who grew up dreaming of being a Kentucky Wildcat . 

I can remember having so much fun watching Farmer , Pelphrey, Feldhaus, and Woods, even when they were just winning every other game or so. They played so hard and you could tell what the name on that jersey meant to them.  Whether it was the Unforgettables  or guys like  Anthony Epps, Scott Padgett, Cameron Mills, Travis Ford,  Jack Givens, James  Lee , Dirk Minnefield, or Jimmy Dan Conner , these guys just seemed to play with a different kind of purpose. I miss those days. I miss being excited about UK basketball .

Maybe its just me getting older and being sentimental about the past. But I really do believe there has been a change in the way a lot of these players go about their jobs of playing the game. Fundamentals are sorely lacking in today's one and done athlete. They seem to have a tunnel vision and that limited perspective seems to be focused upon getting to the next level, whether that level is the NBA, the D-League, G-league , or X , Y , and Z-League.  A lot of the fun is being sapped from the game that I grew up being such a fan of.
Couldn't have said it better my self. This one and done rule is destroying college basketball. Cal would probably have 5-6 championships if the rule stood the same as it is in football. & thats the truth!
Without the one and done rule, Calipari would not have had the success that he has had. His strength is recruiting, not player development. He is a very mediocre bench coach. Great recruits come to UK because Calipari convinces them that they will be in the NBA after a year.

Each year, I have found it harder to care about how UK's basketball team fares. The one and done system was bad enough, now we have a woke coach pandering to a woke team. I hope Calipari plans an early retirement. It would be great to see a mix of national recruits and native Kentuckians over achieving the way that many UK teams did before Calipari arrived.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Jarons, jax
The people who have said Coach Cal was a good basketball coach were always laughable. The man recruits taken to where he doesn’t have to coach them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Wish they would try and lure Billy Donavon but with that lifetime contract UK would be paying out major money anyway. But if cal is going to be our coach he needs another good assistant one that can help coach these young guys. I hate seeing home state kids growing up wildcat fans only to go off and choose a different school. Like Braxton Beverly etc. We need those boys here. That's Kentucky basketball.