Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonzaga is the Real Deal This Time Around
Folks, I don't think we can  just casually  categorize this '20-'21 edition of Gongaza as another Zags' team that will be a post-season flop.  This team is LE - git!!!   

They have already put 102 on (5) Kansas , winning by a dozen,   defeated (8) West Virginia ,  and today they go into Iowa and just dismantle the third-ranked Hawkeyes. They have also  drubbed a pretty decent Auburn team by 23.

The duo of Timme   and Kispert are averaging  23  and 22 respectively and both are hitting over 60% from the floor. Jalen Suggs is a stud who can shoot the lights out from as deep as he wants to shoot.   Joel Ayayi is  averaging nearly  14 pts and 8 boards a game from his guard position. If that wasn't enough, the other guard, Nembhard is getting nearly a dozen per game and four assists to boot.  

Their starting guards have an assist to turnover ratio of  2.6  : 1  against very good competition.  Oh, and the Zags shoot nearly  75% from the foul line.

This team will be a VERY difficult out come tournament time. They are for real this time.  They have the look and feel of a legitimate contender.  I say they are the favorite.

Comments ???
I think they are clearly the best team in the country. Every time I’ve watched them, I’ve wondered, who is gonna beat these guys. But this is such a strange year, and the tournament can be so random, there are no guarantees that they will win it. But with the Cats season in the toilet, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Zags bring one home.