Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lou Dobbs retraction on election
(02-06-2021, 06:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 05:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 05:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I just find it staggering and almost demoralizing how badly the internet nd social media has misinformed and even radicalized otherwise sane and intelligent people with fake stories, loony conspiracies,  and outright lies.
I share your opinion. How else can one explain the election of a traitor who failed to conduct a campaign?

I can explain it to you in three words:  Donald John Trump .  Biden received  81+ millions votes(and make no mistake 81 million voters voted for him) because Trump was so disliked by so many people.  Had the GOP nominee been anyone other than the deplorable Don, I don't know that Biden would have gotten that many votes. Hell, maybe a Kasich, Romney , Jeb, or Sasse  would have even won, or come very close to winning. Biden probably got a few million votes just because of who was opposing him. 

Occam's Razor is a problem-solving principle that says "entities should not be multiplied without necessity."  In simplest terms that means the simplest explanation is usually the right one.  The simplest explanation, Hoot, for Joe Biden getting  81, 281,502 votes is not that there was some elaborate conspiracy involving China or some widespread vote stealing machinery involving Dominion.  Friar William of Ockham had the answer  700 years ago:  Biden won and received all those votes because DJT was so damned disliked.
Biden did not win the election. Occam's razor suggests that a feeble man who suffers from dementia did not receive more votes than any American presidential candidate in history. The evidence that Trump is overwhelmingly more popular than Biden is all around you. As much as you want your claim that Biden received a gazillion votes, you must have some doubt of the veracity of that claim. You are not a stupid man and the fact that Biden is incapable of filling a small parking lot to listen to him speak must suggest that you could be mistaken about the election results.

I like your passion for what you believe to be true, Mr. Gibson, but I just haven't seen anything close to reliable that proves there was enough fraud to reverse a 7 million vote margin. Lindsey Graham was one of Trump's biggest allies for four years and he finally stated the Biden won and won legitimately.  Graham said he asked for just ten cases of fraud out of the many tens of  thousands that were rumored. He said he was not presented with a single case. Months before the election when he began to foresee his losing the election, Trump started the dog whistles of widespread voter fraud .  Had he not started his misinformation campaign, there would have been very little false information propagated about election rigging. Whatever Trump says, his followers believe it to be true. Ironically, very little that has ever come out of his mouth in 74 years has been true.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Dobbs retraction on election - by Old School Hound - 02-06-2021, 07:03 PM