Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could pick a matchup...
What are some interesting matchups you would have liked to have seen in 2020 that we didn’t get?
Pikeville vs Paintsville
JC vs any local team
Belfry vs Corbin game early in the year to prepare Corbin for Johnson Central!!
[-] The following 3 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Bull got out!, MountainMamba
(12-22-2020, 05:23 PM)64SUR Wrote: Belfry vs Corbin game early in the year to prepare Corbin for Johnson Central!!

Hearing that may be coming true early next year.
West Carter vs LCA/Somerset/Ashland
Russell vs Pikeville/Belfry/Paintsville
I would have liked to see Johnson Central vs Boyle again. Both great teams and would have been a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Oledad92
I've said this for years now.... I'd love to see this on the same night at the same stadium.

JC vs. Belfry
Paintsville vs. Pikeville

What a better way to show off mountain football with the four premier teams, all playing on the same night in rivalry games.
Have a Johnson County vs. Pike County travelling trophy.... rival schools from the same county coming together for County pride against another county.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 3 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, MountainMamba, WestCarterComet
I loved the Mayfield v Corbin game at a middle ground location.l like they played at Lindsey Wilson a couple years back. I love seeing the western KY teams playing eastern KY teams.

Maybe a Bowling Green v Johnson Central game?
Douglass Vs Male
Be like the old WWF Survivor Series.... WKY vs. EKY or Louisville area vs. EKY

Team EKY
Johnson Central
Belfry
Pikeville
Paintsville

Team WKY
Mayfield
Bowling Green
Owensboro Catholic
TBA

Team Louisville
St. Xavier
Central
DeSales
TBA

[Image: https://wwfoldschool.com/wp-content/uplo...Series.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
I would like to see Boyle or Franklin County play Trinity. Just to see how they measure up.
(12-23-2020, 12:29 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: I've said this for years now.... I'd love to see this on the same night at the same stadium.

JC vs. Belfry
Paintsville vs. Pikeville

What a better way to show off mountain football with the four premier teams, all playing on the same night in rivalry games.
Have a Johnson County vs. Pike County travelling trophy.... rival schools from the same county coming together for County pride against another county.
I’m glad you brought that up, I’d like to see it too.  In my honest opinion, that showcase should rotate every 3 years between JC, Pikeville and Belfry.  Personally, I’d like to see it around the midway point of the year if possible, after all the bowls are done counting money.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoondockSaint's post:
  • cuppett777, PHS DYNASTY
Pikeville vs Ashland
Pikeville vs Russell
Ashland vs Ironton (OH)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Agreed. Good choice. Win or lose for Pikeville it would be good to see these two go head to head, and shedule it annually. Panthers take on Belfry each yr. and it benefits the team with good, stiff competition. Wasn't that long ago that Pikeville/Russel were playing. Just a few yrs. ago. Two good traditional powers like Ashland/Ironton would be good to see as well. Teams in the East seem to be showing an uptick in strength and interest, so that's good to know.
Corbin vs. Belfry, Mayfield, and most importantly Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-24-2020, 04:38 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Agreed. Good choice. Win or lose for Pikeville it would be good to see these two go head to head, and shedule it annually. Panthers take on Belfry each yr. and it benefits the team with good, stiff competition. Wasn't that long ago that Pikeville/Russel were playing. Just a few yrs. ago. Two good traditional powers like Ashland/Ironton would be good to see as well. Teams in the East seem to be showing an uptick in strength and interest, so that's good to know.
Ashland and Ironton usually play but due to Covid it didn’t happen this year.  It sucks because both teams were in the ship this year and after seeing both play several times I think it would have been a very good game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Pikeville vs Aliquippa Pa., Trinity vs St. X Cincinnati, Boyle County Vs Alcoa Tn.,
Would have loved to had seen a Boyle vs Louisville Male, Johnson Central, and Bowling Green matchup this year.
Boyle Vs. Bowling Green
this years
Paintsville/Belfry
Paintsville/Beechwood

JC/Ashland

Raceland/Beechwood

Pikeville/West Carter
Defiantly Johnson vs Boyle.
Hazard vs Perry because it'd been years!