Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OSH's Rock Music Lyrics" Name that Tune " Game

E IdeaO
(01-25-2021, 11:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

E IdeaO

Now you're cookin', JP !!!   Love, love LOVE ELO.   Jeff Lynne is a rock God. He's still going strong with Jeff Lynne's ELO and still sounds freaking amazing.

JP and VH , here's the song about New Orleans. Both of you know this song . Such a haunting and foreboding song in light of the events that would happen more than 25 years after its release. It was a song that was inspired by the writer's love for New Orleans . It features an incredible alto sax by Phil Kensie, the same guy that contributed some great sax on Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat." This song takes me back to when I was a 16 year-old lad with not a care in the world. It also causes me to revisit the sadness I felt for the people in New Orleans as I watched their city drown.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
Hadn't heard that song in a long time. And I will echo that of all the major U.S. cities I have visited in my lifetime, New Orleans has been my absolute favorite. Just so unique and authentic. I can't wait to go back again. Do I feel a BGR road trip in the making??
I LOVED New Orleans!!! Some of the best food I've ever tasted, and the music is everywhere!!
Get the BGR bus serviced Granny Bear, and we will be on our way!!

Meanwhile, here’s a lyric from one of my top ten favorite rock songs of all time. It’s from a vastly underrated group that didn’t have a ton of hits, but still a great band. And the guitar intro on this song is fabulous.

“So you think that it’s over,”
“So your love has finally reached the end,”
“Anytime you call, night or day, I’ll be right here for you,”
“When you need a friend.”

“It’s gonna take a little time,”
“Time is sure to mend your broken heart,”
“Don’t you ever worry, little darlin’,”
“I know you’ll find love again.”
Here's a piece of cake for VH or JP  to scoop up so easily... gleefully ... immediately

"I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical
Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable
Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable
Oh, take it take it yeah

But at night, when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am ...  "
That would be the Logical Song by Supertramp. I was never a huge Supertramp fan, didn’t really care for the lead vocalists’ voice.
[quote="Van Hagar" pid='2300214' dateline='1611703310']
Get the BGR bus serviced Granny Bear, and we will be on our way!!

Meanwhile, here’s a lyric from one of my top ten favorite rock songs of all time. It’s from a vastly underrated group that didn’t have a ton of hits, but still a great band. And the guitar intro on this song is fabulous.

“So you think that it’s over,”
“So your love has finally reached the end,”
“Anytime you call, night or day, I’ll be right here for you,”
“When you need a friend.”

“It’s gonna take a little time,”
“Time is sure to mend your broken heart,”
“Don’t you ever worry, little darlin’,”
“I know you’ll find love again.”

[/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6amAX3jlqg

Here’s the answer for my forgotten lyrics, from a great, underrated band, Tesla. (And no kids, Elon Musk is not in this band.) The guitar intro on this one just always blows me away.
I don’t think my YouTube link from above took, but anyway I know you know the song.
One of my favorite lines ever: (short but powerful)

"And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time..."
Wichita Lineman, the great Glen Campbell. Like Paul Rodgers in rock, Glen is one that other singers always spoke in awe of, how pitch perfect his voice was. Dude could get it on the guitar, too!
(02-05-2021, 08:15 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Wichita Lineman, the great Glen Campbell.  Like Paul Rodgers in rock, Glen is one that other singers always spoke in awe of, how pitch perfect his voice was.  Dude could get it on the guitar, too!

Excellent, Van.   Glen was multi, multi talented.  I remember watching his Goodtime Hour  variety show when I was young. And you are right about other people in the business speaking in reverence about Glen. He was regarded as one of the best session musicians around.   Also, speaking of how he could shred the guitar, I heard Alice Cooper(a very close friend of Glen's) say recently that Eddie Van Halen once asked him if he could get him a guitar lesson with Glen.  Folks, that's respect right there.  Here's the Rhinestone Cowboy and Jimmy Webb in session playing "Wichita Lineman."