Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about "All-WKC" Players
Just learning High School Kentucky football, and have a question about players deemed 'All-WKC Players' for a given year.   

A Western KY HS team posted congratulations (on their Facebook page) to their "2020 All-WKC Players" (10 total players or so).   I thought this was curious, as only 1 player (DE) had a season that registered decent stats, so I googled "2020 All-WKC Players", and all I could find was this-->  https://www.yoursportsedge.com/2020/12/1...announced/

Surely a deserving list, however no players from the aforementioned school were on this first team list (and rightly so).    

What am I missing?   Does every school have their own "All-WKC" list, regardless of team or player performance?

Thanks in advance
All conference teams are usually voted on by the coaches of the conference. I don't understand the comment about stats. Coaches watch film and play each other and vote.  If you want stats just look at a list of stat leaders I guess. It is customary for a team or coach to congratulate his players that made it on social media without including all the players from other teams.

There was probably a first and second team and others receiving votes.
voted on by the conference member coaches
I realize the coaches vote. How many All-WKC teams are there? First team, a second? Others?

Now, if by "congratulations to our All-WKC players", the coach meant the players who received minimum one vote, then that may explain it.