Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameron Hergott Named Mr Football By KHSAA Coaches Association
Beechwood Quarterback Cameron Hergott has been named Mr. Football by the KHSAA Football Coaches Association
Congratulations!
Congratulations to Cam Hergott, the kid is one helluva player!
Very deserving

What’s his college future looking like as far as offers go?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Cameron Hergott on being name Kentucky Mr. Football
Very good choice. Congratulations to Hergott!
Well deserved. Excellent ball player. Best of wishes to him.
Definitely the right choice. Congrats Cam
Don't agree with this decision. I watch alot of high school football and Mr. Football should of went to Jaeger Burton 6-4 OG FROM FREDRICK DOUGLASS HIGH SCHOOL AND A UK COMMITT. A 4 STAR. ALOT OF JEALOUS COACHES IN KENTUCKY. ALOT. BURTON PLAYS IN 5A. ONE OF THE TOP 5 OL IN THE NATION. HAD OFFERS FROM KENTUCKY, CLEMSON, OHIO STATE & ALABAMA. HOW DID KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL COACHES GET THIS WRONG. NORTHERN KENTUCKY COACHES ATE JEALOUS OF TOP TALENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN KENTUCKY. UNBELIEVABLE????
(12-29-2020, 10:17 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Don't agree with this decision. I watch alot of high school football and Mr. Football should of went to Jaeger Burton 6-4 OG FROM FREDRICK DOUGLASS HIGH SCHOOL AND A UK COMMITT.  A 4 STAR. ALOT OF JEALOUS COACHES IN KENTUCKY. ALOT. BURTON PLAYS IN 5A. ONE OF THE TOP 5 OL IN THE NATION. HAD OFFERS FROM KENTUCKY, CLEMSON, OHIO STATE & ALABAMA. HOW DID KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL COACHES GET THIS WRONG. NORTHERN KENTUCKY COACHES ATE JEALOUS OF TOP TALENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN KENTUCKY. UNBELIEVABLE????
What are Burton's stats?
(12-29-2020, 10:17 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Don't agree with this decision. I watch alot of high school football and Mr. Football should of went to Jaeger Burton 6-4 OG FROM FREDRICK DOUGLASS HIGH SCHOOL AND A UK COMMITT. A 4 STAR. ALOT OF JEALOUS COACHES IN KENTUCKY. ALOT. BURTON PLAYS IN 5A. ONE OF THE TOP 5 OL IN THE NATION. HAD OFFERS FROM KENTUCKY, CLEMSON, OHIO STATE & ALABAMA. HOW DID KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL COACHES GET THIS WRONG. NORTHERN KENTUCKY COACHES ATE JEALOUS OF TOP TALENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN KENTUCKY. UNBELIEVABLE????

Northern Kentucky makes up about 20-21 schools, so that leaves roughly 200 other schools to vote. Obviously Hergott got votes from other areas other than NKY
[-] The following 2 users Like KentuckyHillBilly5321's post:
  • fansville, TheOracle
(12-29-2020, 10:17 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Don't agree with this decision. I watch alot of high school football and Mr. Football should of went to Jaeger Burton 6-4 OG FROM FREDRICK DOUGLASS HIGH SCHOOL AND A UK COMMITT.  A 4 STAR. ALOT OF JEALOUS COACHES IN KENTUCKY. ALOT. BURTON PLAYS IN 5A. ONE OF THE TOP 5 OL IN THE NATION. HAD OFFERS FROM KENTUCKY, CLEMSON, OHIO STATE & ALABAMA. HOW DID KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL COACHES GET THIS WRONG. NORTHERN KENTUCKY COACHES ATE JEALOUS OF TOP TALENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN KENTUCKY. UNBELIEVABLE????

Mr. Football isn't an award that is won by linemen. Period. Voters need stats to attempt to compare players in different positions to one another, and there just aren't any stats to make offensive linemen comparable. There have only been six offensive linemen to have ever even be finalists in the Mr. Football voting. That's six players out of 200+ finalists. And give me a break with all of the chest-thumping about NKY coaches being jealous of top talent. What a ridiculous statement. What coach wouldn't like to have the "top talent" out of any part of the state playing for them?

How about you go bang your drum elsewhere. Kid wins a big award, and already you jump in saying he didn't deserve it. Couldn't leave this thread to be something to congratulate the winner.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheOracle's post:
  • fansville, Iam4thecats
Congratulations to Cameron Hergott.
Congratulations to Hergott. He reminds me of the LCA QB from 2006-2009 Lucas Witt. Movements and body language are the same.
Congrats to Cameron Hergott
Well deserved, congrats!!!
I got to watch this kid play and he is fun to watch!! No doubt he is a top level talent. Anyone have info on his college football future ?
(12-30-2020, 11:37 AM)fansville Wrote: Well deserved, congrats!!!
I got to watch this kid play and he is fun to watch!! No doubt he is a top level talent. Anyone have info on his college football future ?
He has 8 offers on the table as of now, 5 of them are Division 1.

Bryant
Butler
Centre
Dayton
Morehead State
Mount St. Joseph
Siena Heights
Valparaiso
[-] The following 1 user Likes pocoboy18's post:
  • fansville
There’s probably a couple more players besides Burton that people had penciled in that may even be better than Hergott in all reality. However if there was a kid that turned the wheel anymore than this kid did for his team I didn’t see it. Beechwood was a solid team but where no where near a championship team without Hergott, congrats to this young and good luck to him on all his future endeavors.
Great athlete and class act. The kid is very business like on the field. He will be successful on the next level. He has the intangibles that can't be coached and the areas where he needs improvement will be easy to obtain on the next level. Best of luck and congratulations.
TheOracle Wrote:
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Don't agree with this decision. I watch alot of high school football and Mr. Football should of went to Jaeger Burton 6-4 OG FROM FREDRICK DOUGLASS HIGH SCHOOL AND A UK COMMITT.  A 4 STAR. ALOT OF JEALOUS COACHES IN KENTUCKY. ALOT. BURTON PLAYS IN 5A. ONE OF THE TOP 5 OL IN THE NATION. HAD OFFERS FROM KENTUCKY, CLEMSON, OHIO STATE & ALABAMA. HOW DID KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL COACHES GET THIS WRONG. NORTHERN KENTUCKY COACHES ATE JEALOUS OF TOP TALENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN KENTUCKY. UNBELIEVABLE????

Mr. Football isn't an award that is won by linemen. Period. Voters need stats to attempt to compare players in different positions to one another, and there just aren't any stats to make offensive linemen comparable. There have only been six offensive linemen to have ever even be finalists in the Mr. Football voting. That's six players out of 200+ finalists. And give me a break with all of the chest-thumping about NKY coaches being jealous of top talent. What a ridiculous statement. What coach wouldn't like to have the "top talent" out of any part of the state playing for them?

How about you go bang your drum elsewhere. Kid wins a big award, and already you jump in saying he didn't deserve it. Couldn't leave this thread to be something to congratulate the winner.
Congrats to Hergott.  Nice player.  Nice award.  All that being said.....I don't see why Warrirohawk can't disagree with the decision??   Burton is a downright beast.  Additionally....the award isn't reserved for any one position or side of the football.    In the end, it was awarded to Hergott.  Congratulations again.   Well deserved.