Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Gibbs Racing: Moving to Toyota in '08
after months of speculation, its official.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headline...index.html
This could be the big start for Toyoya
huge mistake i thought Joe Gibbs was smarter than that.
Bad mistake for JGR but great team for Toyota to land
I think it's a great move for JGR. Think about it guys, why is Toyota struggling this year? Because they aligned themselves with startup and subpar teams - MWaltrip Racing (startup), Red Bull Racing (startup), Bill Davis Racing (subpar and hasn't won consistently in years).

JGR is not Chevy's top priority, Hendricks is. JGR will be the flagship of Toyota and Toyota has more money to spend to be competitive than GM, Ford or Dodge. I would go on record as saying JGR will improve and Toyota will be a force next year.

It's good for Toyota and JGR. Remember, JGR has won titles with Pontiac (Bobby Labonte) and Chevy (Tony Stewart). They've been through this change process before.
Tony Stewert in a Toyota? Man oh man.
Joe Gibbs has lost his damn mind.
Guys, it's a lot of money. If I were Gibbs, I'd stop playing second fiddle to Hendricks with Chevy and take the money and run. The only issue is whether Toyota engines will hold up because they've had issues this year, but again, they've (Toyota) have been dealing with subpar teams and equipment to begin with and Gibbs is a huge step-up for them.

All the Toyota teams will benefit from this move in the long run.

Don't forget, more Toyota's are made in America than GM and Ford these days.