Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Head Coaching Search
I can’t say that it makes a whole lot of sense but then again I don’t know much about the guy. That being said it’s not a name I recognize as having any political connections to the administration so you never know, a young guy with a fire in his belly might just be what Whitley Co needs.
(01-14-2021, 01:07 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I can’t say that it makes a whole lot of sense but then again I don’t know much about the guy.  That being said it’s not a name I recognize as having any political connections to the administration so you never know, a young guy with a fire in his belly might just be what Whitley Co needs.

He is connected.
Did they get the applicants together and a reverse auction where they all bid on lower and lower salaries until one guy won?  Did they play teen trivia to decide the coach?  Hopefully he’ll do well but dang.
(01-14-2021, 01:47 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:07 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I can’t say that it makes a whole lot of sense but then again I don’t know much about the guy.  That being said it’s not a name I recognize as having any political connections to the administration so you never know, a young guy with a fire in his belly might just be what Whitley Co needs.

He is connected.

Wash, rinse, repeat...
(01-14-2021, 11:32 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:47 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

He is connected.

Wash, rinse, repeat...

Coach Herron and Coach Greer appear to be the real winners in the Whitley County coaching search. I'd imagine both will pick up a few players.
(01-14-2021, 12:26 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

He is connected.

Wash, rinse, repeat...

Coach Herron and Coach Greer appear to be the real winners in the Whitley County coaching search. I'd imagine both will pick up a few players.

I know it prolly don’t mean much or even if you’ll believe it but I really do hate it for you all, I’d like to see Whitley Co be successful. I want to see the kids there enjoy football, have fun playing it and learn all the life lessons it’s supposed to teach. Siler had been surprising me with the recent hires but I guess a leopard just can’t get rid of its spots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • OldColonel
(01-14-2021, 01:37 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:26 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

He is connected.

Wash, rinse, repeat...

I know it prolly don’t mean much or even if you’ll believe it but I really do hate it for you all, I’d like to see Whitley Co be successful. I want to see the kids there enjoy football, have fun playing it and learn all the life lessons it’s supposed to teach. Siler had been surprising me with the recent hires but I guess a leopard just can’t get rid of its spots.

I truly want to see them be competitive. It only makes the region look better, but they will find a way to screw it up about every time. I think they have a good fit at baseball and basketball. They have the perfect facilities, plenty of money, and some great fans but will not hire a top tier coach. I am scratching my head as is many others.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • OldColonel, TD Hounds
I don't know the guy. Do some of you know him personally?
Dougie!!! It’s good to hear from you buddy!! I’ll be honest, I had been worried about you.
(01-17-2021, 07:58 PM)Single Wing 77 Wrote: Dougie!!! It’s good to hear from you buddy!! I’ll be honest, I had been worried about you.

Thanks . I hope you're doing well Smile
I wonder if the new coach will get any quality assistants? Will he keep any of the current ones?
(01-17-2021, 08:21 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wonder if the new coach will get any quality assistants? Will he keep any of the current ones?
I heard that the OC and DC are gone for sure.  The strength and conditioning coach should be fine since he covers all sports.  Not sure about the rest.  I can’t see any coordinators with any experience coming to work for such a young, inexperienced head coach.  He will probably hire some of GA’s from UC to be position coaches and some position coaches from other schools to be coordinators.
Matt Jewell coached with him at Cumberland. I’m sure he will stay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • OldColonel
(01-17-2021, 04:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I don't know the guy. Do some of you know him personally?

I can help you get a ticket for the first game.
Don’t know him but have been told that he is a very bright guy. Teaches math. Son of a coach. Not a lot of applicants.
How is he politically connected?
Things are not always as they seem these days, but I like how the young man talks . He seems to be passionate about the game and going to work with the kids to continue to build the program, So I'm willing to give him a chance and hope he puts together a solid staff that can build on what the last couple coaches (quality guys) did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • E's Army
Hopefully the new head man will be transparent with letting the fans know what's going on, and keep the whole community involved.
(01-14-2021, 12:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:29 PM)64SUR Wrote: Please stop calling me Whitley County.  I don’t want the job....I would take how ever the job as bingo president.

I wouldn't hire you as waterboy. git yer hind end out of here.

Lmao

(01-22-2021, 11:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Hopefully the new head man will be transparent with letting the fans know what's going on, and keep the whole community involved.

Wish you all the best of luck, hope the hire isn’t what it appears to be, the wrong hire could set Whitley Co back for a long time
(01-19-2021, 03:24 PM)E's Army Wrote: Don’t know him but have been told that he is a very bright guy. Teaches math. Son of a coach. Not a lot of applicants.

(01-22-2021, 09:32 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:29 PM)64SUR Wrote: Please stop calling me Whitley County.  I don’t want the job....I would take how ever the job as bingo president.

I wouldn't hire you as waterboy. git yer hind end out of here.

Lmao

(01-22-2021, 11:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Hopefully the new head man will be transparent with letting the fans know what's going on, and keep the whole community involved.

Wish you all the best of luck, hope the hire isn’t what it appears to be, the wrong hire could set Whitley Co back for a long time

We all know that Whitley County hasn't made many  good hires over the years Smile
Has The new coach named one assistant yet? I haven’t heard one named at all. He probably needs to get on that.
(01-27-2021, 05:15 AM)OldColonel Wrote: Has The new coach named one assistant yet?  I haven’t heard one named at all.  He probably needs to get on that.

it would be nice if he would get on a Colonels page and give us updates Smile
(01-27-2021, 05:15 AM)OldColonel Wrote: Has The new coach named one assistant yet?  I haven’t heard one named at all.  He probably needs to get on that.

Maybe he is waiting on administration to tell him who the assistants will be, who knows though? Word is the admins want to control lots of things about the program that made other experienced head coaches not interested in the job
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(01-27-2021, 10:43 AM)fansville Wrote:

Maybe he is waiting on administration to tell him who the assistants will be, who knows though? Word is the admins want to control lots of things about the program that made other experienced head coaches not interested in the job  Where did you hear this word? Smile
(01-27-2021, 02:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Maybe he is waiting on administration to tell him who the assistants will be, who knows though? Word is the admins want to control lots of things about the program that made other experienced head coaches not interested in the job 

Where did you hear this word? Smile

On the street of course  Smile 

from parents with kids in the program who may be full of it so take it with a grain of salt
Most admins don’t put it out there up front that they’re gonna be up your but kicking field goals but Whitley’s does have a history of it. I’ll say this I can’t remember a time when everyone from the county has been so secretive about what’s going on, maybe they just don’t know themselves but usually a new coach has brought renewed hopes and some trash talking, all I’m getting is crickets.
(01-28-2021, 05:14 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Most admins don’t put it out there up front that they’re gonna be up your but kicking field goals but Whitley’s does have a history of it.  I’ll say this I can’t remember a time when everyone from the county has been so secretive about what’s going on, maybe they just don’t know themselves but usually a new coach has brought renewed hopes and some trash talking, all I’m getting is crickets.
The new head coach seems pretty confident Smile
(01-27-2021, 06:43 PM)fansville Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 02:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Where did you hear this word? Smile

On the street of course  Smile 

from parents with kids in the program who may be full of it so take it with a grain of salt

Sounds more like Corbin fans. lol
Players leaving. Young DC. Local coaches without knowing anyone outside of the campus. Not a good start for the program with a couple of quality district opponents.
(01-29-2021, 08:40 AM)UCfan1 Wrote: Players leaving. Young DC. Local coaches without knowing anyone outside of the campus. Not a good start for the program with a couple of quality district opponents.

scary stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds