Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Beatty just retired and Trinty is open. No big deal.
15 championships in 21 years.
My understanding is Coach Wolfe from Male, declined and interview invite. 

IMO Wolfe was the only KY coach that Trinity would consider unless its someone on staff.
Nobody in Kentucky. Will be a nation wide search.
I hear they are after Coach Haddix from Boyle County. He would just keep Trinity rolling.
Trinity will not hire a coach currently coaching in Kentucky. It is also very unlikely they will hire a non-Catholic.
(01-07-2021, 10:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I hear they are after Coach Haddix from Boyle County.  He would just keep Trinity rolling.
I don't think Trinity is specifically "after" anyone, especially not someone just because they are from Kentucky. I'm sure there are a lot of coaches from elite programs across the nation updating their resumes right now.
(01-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: 15 championships in 21 years.

That is an incredible record or is it? When you can openly recruit the best players in the biggest city in the state and a neighbouring state and do not have to worry about getting investgated for it maybe you should win 15 out of 21 or Im I wrong? I seen a state football poll the other day from 1971 and guess who was #1 Trinity. Its never going to stop if you are in 6A,  if Trinity somehow slips up and doesnt win it, its either going to be Male or St.X. I would hate to coach at a 6A school other than the 3 I just mentioned you are playing for second place. Scott County could compete some years, but when they split no one else has a chance, been going on for 50 years or longer.
(01-08-2021, 01:39 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Trinity will not hire a coach currently coaching in Kentucky. It is also very unlikely they will hire a non-Catholic.

Is Beatty Catholic? I didn't think he was.

For what it's worth, there is not any clause from the US Council of Catholic Bishops that requires any coaches or teachers in Catholic schools to be Catholic, with the exception of religion teachers. Covington Catholic coach Lynn Ray was not Catholic. I'm not sure that Kevin Wallace at St. Xavier is Catholic, although he could be for all I know. The generalized tendency for Catholic schools to have Catholic coaches is somewhat the product of their inclination to look at their alumni first when they look for coaches.

(01-07-2021, 10:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I hear they are after Coach Haddix from Boyle County.  He would just keep Trinity rolling.

Incorrect.

(01-08-2021, 11:32 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

That is an incredible record or is it? When you can openly recruit the best players in the biggest city in the state and a neighbouring state and do not have to worry about getting investgated for it maybe you should win 15 out of 21 or Im I wrong? I seen a state football poll the other day from 1971 and guess who was #1 Trinity. Its never going to stop if you are in 6A,  if Trinity somehow slips up and doesnt win it, its either going to be Male or St.X. I would hate to coach at a 6A school other than the 3 I just mentioned you are playing for second place. Scott County could compete some years, but when they split no one else has a chance, been going on for 50 years or longer.

This will definitely be a nationwide search. Rumors about any one in-state are nothing but rumors.
I don’t think they’ll go for anyone in state either, but ruling someone out just because they already coach in state is stupid IMO. There are coaches in Kentucky who are just as good as anyone.
(01-07-2021, 09:40 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Nobody in Kentucky. Will be a nation wide search.

(01-08-2021, 05:48 PM)TheOracle Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:39 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Trinity will not hire a coach currently coaching in Kentucky. It is also very unlikely they will hire a non-Catholic.

Is Beatty Catholic? I didn't think he was.

For what it's worth, there is not any clause from the US Council of Catholic Bishops that requires any coaches or teachers in Catholic schools to be Catholic, with the exception of religion teachers. Covington Catholic coach Lynn Ray was not Catholic. I'm not sure that Kevin Wallace at St. Xavier is Catholic, although he could be for all I know. The generalized tendency for Catholic schools to have Catholic coaches is somewhat the product of their inclination to look at their alumni first when they look for coaches.

Incorrect.

To my knowledge, no coach in the history of Trinity football was non-Catholic. I suppose the right person could change that. I'm hearing two names. One from Louisville and one from Cincinnati on the short list. 
I talked with someone close enough to the Trinity camp that I would personally accept his word as fact. It sounds like they have a decent sized list of people they are inviting to interview. Many of them fit into the "the worst thing they can say is no" category. They have a small list of front runners. I'm assuming the name from Louisville you're referencing is Chris Wolfe from Male, and it doesn't sound like they're really expecting that to happen, although he is being invited to interview. The name from Cincinnati you mentioned may or may not be Andrew Coverdale, who was the Trinity offensive coordinator for roundabout fifteen years. He moved up to St. Xavier in Cincinnati two years ago as the Bombers' offensive coordinator and helped them win the Ohio D-I state title this past season. He is being invited to interview but is not necessarily being seen as a frontrunner. He previously had a short stint in head coaching in Indiana and it didn't go the greatest. Was told that all of the front runner names on Trinity's short-list are from out of state and are from the south.

Put up or shut up, chief.
Everyone wants to cry about Trinity cheating because they win, but I've yet to see any proof. Trinity doesn't need to recruit, the team is known nationwide for excellence and that attracts players.
My sources say Crum the DC.
(01-12-2021, 05:39 PM)CarzyRock Wrote:

Everyone wants to cry about Trinity cheating because they win, but I've yet to see any proof. Trinity doesn't need to recruit, the team is known nationwide for excellence and that attracts players.
The word cheating came from you not me, didn't say a word about cheating. My point is that they are a private school so yes they can openly recruit without any issues I have first hand knowledge. I'm not saying it is wrong but 15 out 21 is not that big a deal to me who only about 4 other schools can do the same and the others can't- that's all I'm saying chief.
Trinity Hires Jay Cobb.
Cobb spent 1984-2011 as a head coach at South Hopkins, Webster County, Knott Central, Somerset, and Campbellsville. Became an assistant coach at West Brook HS in Texas in 2013, and then came to Trinity when Coach Beatty was looking for a new DC in 2014.
Cobb is a very good coach but this comes as quite the surprise to me. Not saying it's a bad hire, but with Trinity being one of the premier programs in not just the state, but nation, I thought they would go more broad with their search. Cobb's record doesn't wow anyone but a lot of that has to do with some of the smaller schools he was previously heading. He has ran a great defense, it just struck me as an odd hire.
(01-14-2021, 05:36 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

The word cheating came from you not me, didn't say a word about cheating. My point is that they are a private school so yes they can openly recruit without any issues I have first hand knowledge. I'm not saying it is wrong but 15 out 21 is not that big a deal to me who only about 4 other schools can do the same and the others can't- that's all I'm saying chief.
Recruiting is cheating so don't try some petty sophistry to excuse what you were accusing Trinity of.
https://khsaa.org/common_documents/handb...ylaw16.pdf

If you've got 'first hand knowledge' it's true, then I say again: Put up or shut up,
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarzyRock's post:
  • Iam4thecats
(01-18-2021, 02:46 AM)CarzyRock Wrote:

Recruiting is cheating so don't try some petty sophistry to excuse what you were accusing Trinity of.

If you've got 'first hand knowledge' it's true, then I say again: Put up or shut up,
Cousin lived in Iroquios district got recruited to play for Trinity Started Db for 3 years went on to play at a power 5 school didnt pay a dime to attend. Trinity is a private school, so Im not saying its wrong what they do, but they do recruit and have a HUGE advantage over the other schools, to think other wise is just crazy to me(no pun intended lol). If my son lived in Louisville I would be trying to get him into Trinity also. Say Beatty coached at a school like Henderson County or you can insert any public school other than Male/Manuel, It wouldnt be 15 out of 21 I can guarantee you that. Beatty did a masterful job at Trinity do not get me wrong, but its just different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-18-2021, 02:07 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:32 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: That is an incredible record or is it? When you can openly recruit the best players in the biggest city in the state and a neighbouring state and do not have to worry about getting investgated for it maybe you should win 15 out of 21 or Im I wrong? I seen a state football poll the other day from 1971 and guess who was #1 Trinity. Its never going to stop if you are in 6A,  if Trinity somehow slips up and doesnt win it, its either going to be Male or St.X. I would hate to coach at a 6A school other than the 3 I just mentioned you are playing for second place. Scott County could compete some years, but when they split no one else has a chance, been going on for 50 years or longer.

Cousin lived in Iroquios district got recruited to play for Trinity Started Db for 3 years went on to play at a power 5 school didnt pay a dime to attend. Trinity is a private school, so Im not saying its wrong what they do, but they do recruit and have a HUGE advantage over the other schools, to think other wise is just crazy to me(no pun intended lol). If my son lived in Louisville I would be trying to get him into Trinity also. Say Beatty coached at a school like Henderson County or you can insert any public school other than Male/Manuel, It wouldnt be 15 out of 21 I can guarantee you that. Beatty did a masterful job at Trinity do not get me wrong, but its just different.
Sure, sure. And I've got a cousin who knows where Jimmy Hoffa is really buried. KHSAA dictates that no more than 50% of a tuition can be taken off via financial aid and the rest must be paid by the family, not a third party. An independent company (FACTS https://factsmgt.com/) determines if a student needs financial aid based on family financial data and verifies how much is given, which Trinity must release to the KHSAA. If what you are saying about your cousin is true, then alert the KHSAA so they can do an investigation, because that would be cheating and unacceptable.
Trinity does have the advantage of tradition and a big name, but it's easy to forget that Beatty has earned over half of Trinity's states titles. 15 titles in 21 years vs 12 titles in 35 years. It's foolish to think that Beatty coasted on Trinity's ability when he outperformed every coach that came before him. If he'd have gone to Male I fully believe he'd have 10-12 titles in the same period of time. The man just knows how to coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarzyRock's post:
  • Iam4thecats
(01-20-2021, 04:26 PM)CarzyRock Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 02:07 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:39 PM)CarzyRock Wrote: Put up or shut up, chief.

Sure, sure. And I've got a cousin who knows where Jimmy Hoffa is really buried. KHSAA dictates that no more than 50% of a tuition can be taken off via financial aid and the rest must be paid by the family, not a third party. An independent company (FACTS https://factsmgt.com/) determines if a student needs financial aid based on family financial data and verifies how much is given, which Trinity must release to the KHSAA. If what you are saying about your cousin is true, then alert the KHSAA so they can do an investigation, because that would be cheating and unacceptable.
Trinity does have the advantage of tradition and a big name, but it's easy to forget that Beatty has earned over half of Trinity's states titles. 15 titles in 21 years vs 12 titles in 35 years. It's foolish to think that Beatty coasted on Trinity's ability when he outperformed every coach that came before him. If he'd have gone to Male I fully believe he'd have 10-12 titles in the same period of time. The man just knows how to coach.
Huh?? Why would I turn him in? I was happy for him ok ok, he wasnt recruited he was persuaded if that makes it better. You told me to put up or shut up and I put up. Not more else I can do. Some of Trinity player who go on to play college ball do not even put Louisville as there hometown. AGAIN not saying what the do is wrong because they are private, and said a couple of times how good a Coach he was.....but it's just different than 95% of 6A schools and I'm sure you know that. I'm just saying put him at Henderson Co etc.... wouldn't have come close to winning 15 state titles. Period!!
Huh?? Why would I turn him in? I was happy for him ok ok, he wasnt recruited he was persuaded if that makes it better. You told me to put up or shut up and I put up. Not more else I can do. Some of Trinity player who go on to play college ball do not even put Louisville as there hometown. AGAIN not saying what the do is wrong because they are private, and said a couple of times how good a Coach he was.....but it's just different than 95% of 6A schools and I'm sure you know that. I'm just saying put him at Henderson Co etc.... wouldn't have come close to winning 15 state titles. Period!!

Did he ever attend a day of school at Iroquois?
Trinity doesn't operate anyway different from an independent school district or an open enrollment county system.